We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

Aum_Shanti
#101 Posted : 6/5/2019 3:54:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Crispycat wrote:
after aum_shanti's advice i found a small jar and made a new shell that lets me have a double sized mesh!

Lol, do you have any holes for the needed airflow?
The airflow is the most important aspect with this tek. You have to make sure that the air flows close by the mesh, and not past by it in a distance. Any air, where the substance couldn't evaporate in, is basically useless (well, OK, oxygen for breathingBig grin )

I still find it kinda funny, as these meshes look so tiny compared to the mesh areas I often use...

I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Crispycat
#102 Posted : 6/5/2019 4:06:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Propello wrote:
Have you made holes on the glass for air intake? Let us know how it worked for you

yes 6x 1mm holes in the plastic lid/base to the sides of where the mesh lines up as its alot easier than drilling the glass, this gives me airflow equal to a quarter open on the wotofo and can always add more holes

will try and get a test on it soon
Never trust a hyperfart!

Crispycat
#103 Posted : 6/5/2019 4:12:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:

The airflow is the most important aspect with this tek. You have to make sure that the air flows close by the mesh, and not past by it in a distance. Any air, where the substance couldn't evaporate in, is basically useless (well, OK, oxygen for breathingBig grin )

I still find it kinda funny, as these meshes look so tiny compared to the mesh areas I often use...

hmm holes in the plastic bottom on this version, only 6 tiny ones, will have to upgrade my glass drill bits to fit little holes in at mesh height
Never trust a hyperfart!

5tarDust
#104 Posted : 6/5/2019 5:02:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Propello wrote:

I tested the TAF Sai yestereday, put 30mg in the bowl. I tested it with the following setting:
Temp mode NI, standard TCR
max 25w
max 200 degrees C.

prewarmed the spice and cup at 140C, then turned it up to 200C, held fire button for 5 secs and draw. First draw was disappointing, I could feel there wasn't much vapo coming in my throat. Just a few faint visuals. For the second draw, I held the button for 10 seconds, until tthe vapor started to appear. Then inhale, but not so hard this time. This time I felt dense vapor with a bit burned taste, especially at the end of the draw. there were no spice left after the second draw.

The burnt taste ruined it a bit, but at least I got a quick trip to the domain of the elves, lasted only 6-7 minutes. I guess that the burning of some spice did
n't make this round optimal. But it has potential, and it easily beats the motar and Yocan evolve plus already after first try, in sense of using less spice/breakthrough.

The Sai definitively has a learning curve, and google didn't find much. The best source so far is the reddit link further up in the thread, where they use TCR 140.
I will rather try to find the best temperature settings in NI mode, as instructed by the producer. Also need to tune the preheat technique in order to get a one hitter.

Preliminary results seem to indicate that I should order the mesh RDABig grin

Unfortunately there is a lot of conflicting info out there on the Sai settings. Even the manufacturer can't seem to keep their story straight on the ideal settings:
https://humboldtvapetech...m/sai-top-airflow-guide/

I'm going to predict that Ni mode at 330F/165-170c is going to be very similar to the TCR 240 @ 200c I've been using. You'll definitely have better luck with that. 200c on the Ni setting burns it for sure.

It definitely takes some time to get the technique and settings right on the Sai.
I think it will work a lot better next time if you try to inhale more slowly over a longer period of time. Five seconds isn't nearly long enough IME. I usually try to hold the button down and inhale for at least ten seconds after it reaches max temp.
Since you're trying to do 30mg in one go, I'm thinking you should shoot for inhaling as slowly as possible, for at least 15 seconds after it reaches max temp. Longer would be better if you can manage.

So far it's looking like even with proper technique, the Shanti tek may still be more effective for 1 hit BT's. I'm definitely thinking of ordering one at this point.
Thanks again for comparing these methods and documenting them. You're a true pioneerThumbs up

enlightenedvoyager
#105 Posted : 6/5/2019 5:55:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

5tarDust wrote:
Propello wrote:

I tested the TAF Sai yestereday, put 30mg in the bowl. I tested it with the following setting:
Temp mode NI, standard TCR
max 25w
max 200 degrees C.

prewarmed the spice and cup at 140C, then turned it up to 200C, held fire button for 5 secs and draw. First draw was disappointing, I could feel there wasn't much vapo coming in my throat. Just a few faint visuals. For the second draw, I held the button for 10 seconds, until tthe vapor started to appear. Then inhale, but not so hard this time. This time I felt dense vapor with a bit burned taste, especially at the end of the draw. there were no spice left after the second draw.

The burnt taste ruined it a bit, but at least I got a quick trip to the domain of the elves, lasted only 6-7 minutes. I guess that the burning of some spice did
n't make this round optimal. But it has potential, and it easily beats the motar and Yocan evolve plus already after first try, in sense of using less spice/breakthrough.

The Sai definitively has a learning curve, and google didn't find much. The best source so far is the reddit link further up in the thread, where they use TCR 140.
I will rather try to find the best temperature settings in NI mode, as instructed by the producer. Also need to tune the preheat technique in order to get a one hitter.

Preliminary results seem to indicate that I should order the mesh RDABig grin

Unfortunately there is a lot of conflicting info out there on the Sai settings. Even the manufacturer can't seem to keep their story straight on the ideal settings:
https://humboldtvapetech...m/sai-top-airflow-guide/

I'm going to predict that Ni mode at 330F/165-170c is going to be very similar to the TCR 240 @ 200c I've been using. You'll definitely have better luck with that. 200c on the Ni setting burns it for sure.

It definitely takes some time to get the technique and settings right on the Sai.
I think it will work a lot better next time if you try to inhale more slowly over a longer period of time. Five seconds isn't nearly long enough IME. I usually try to hold the button down and inhale for at least ten seconds after it reaches max temp.
Since you're trying to do 30mg in one go, I'm thinking you should shoot for inhaling as slowly as possible, for at least 15 seconds after it reaches max temp. Longer would be better if you can manage.

So far it's looking like even with proper technique, the Shanti tek may still be more effective for 1 hit BT's. I'm definitely thinking of ordering one at this point.
Thanks again for comparing these methods and documenting them. You're a true pioneerThumbs up

Honestly, order a mesh RDA. You will not be disappointed Shocked Big grin If it’s a 1 hit breakthrough you’re after then this is the device.
For how cheap it is too! I paid £12.99 for a genuine Vandy Vape mesh RDA off fleabay n the roll of Vandy Vape 150 mesh was £4.99 off fleabay. You can’t go wrong!

I’ve tried glass oil burner, steamroller pipe ( sandwich method ), the machine, Yocan ( ceramic and quartz coil ) and dab rig with quartz banger, and now the mesh RDA. This is testing methods over a 2 year period n honesty, the mesh RDA matches a dab rig with quartz banger but better imo as there’s no use of an open flame whilst you’re melting into another dimension and no glassware to handle.
I was gonna try the Sai TAF but I saw this thread n went with the mesh RDA on a whim. Soooo glad I did. It’s mental Big grin

*** Happy Travels ***

some one
#106 Posted : 6/5/2019 9:21:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the try outs guys, excellent work! Too bad that it looks like the Sai does have some learning curve after all. If I'd own one I'd try one more time @ 45w 5s preheat then slow long inhalation as mycowong advises prior giving up on it.

So far the Shanti vape wins. Best equipment and settings seem to be:

Atomizers: VandyVape Mesh RDA, or Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA, or similar
Modbox settings: TC @ 220c, 30-35w, SS316 or 0.00090 TCR
Mesh: 7cm long 13mm wide VandyVape SS316L 150 mesh roll (the thickest VV SS mesh)

Or (preferably) a longer and thicker SS 50-100 mesh with a DIY cap as Aum_Shanti mentions.

Note: I played around without dmt. Noticed 35w kept the temp better at 220c than 30w does. Might be modbox dependent. I closed the airholes to the point it takes around 15 seconds to fill my lungs. I inhale at the speed it feels comfortable. My mod shuts down after 10s. I repress fire and keep inhaling until lungs are full or the second 10s interval has passed.

Are you guys inhaling everything in 10 seconds? If it takes around 15, I wonder if you can heat for 5s without inhaling, the dmt will evap in the RDA. Then release and repress the fire button (for 10s auto shut-down devices) and inhale for 10 seconds to get all in.
some = one | here = some | there = one

Aum_Shanti
#107 Posted : 6/5/2019 10:20:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
, I wonder if you can heat for 5s without inhaling, the dmt will evap in the RDA. Then release and repress the fire button (for 10s auto shut-down devices) and inhale for 10 seconds to get all in.

IMHO not recommendable, as like that some of your substance will recondense on the cold inner mouhtpiece surface.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

some one
#108 Posted : 6/5/2019 10:58:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good point.

Quote:
Mesh atomizers

The Aum_Shanti direct e-Mesh Vape Tek, aka: Shanti vape. Mesh RDA atomizers (connectable to e-sig modboxes) are originally used for dripping e-juice, but are reported to be one of the best methods to vape DMT. Advantages: no learning curve, one hit break through, very consistent, perfect vaporization, near tasteless, no dmt smell.

Place DMT powder directly on the mesh. Don't use any e-juice or cotton. Carefully pulse at 100°C to melt the DMT in. Use TC mode (variable temp control) at 200-220°C with 30-35W limit and a SS316 mesh. If you mod doesn't have a preinstalled TC setting for SS use 0.00090 TCR.

Equipment:
VandyVape Mesh RDA, or Wotofo profile mesh RDA, or similar
VandyVape SS316L 0.9ohm/ft 150 mesh roll, or an other SS 50-150 mesh

Cut the mesh around 7cm long and trim the bottom to fit in the RDA. Make the top a flat surface for loading. Don't let the mesh touch the RDA cap. Burn the mesh coating clean prior use at 250°C. Close the airholes to the point it takes around 15-20 seconds to fill your lungs inhaling at a comfortable speed. For the VV this is around 20% open. If your mod auto stops after 10s repress fire and keep inhaling until lungs are full or the second 10s interval passed. Hold your breath as long as you can.
Source

If anything changes /is optimized, please inform.
Cheers
some = one | here = some | there = one

5tarDust
#109 Posted : 6/6/2019 1:25:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

enlightenedvoyager wrote:

Honestly, order a mesh RDA...

Alright, I think you've convinced me. May as well spend a little and see what all the rage is about.

I may have missed it, but what was the verdict on the mesh strip that comes with the VandyVape?
The roll of mesh is pretty expensive to have delivered to where I'm at. I did manage to find a good price on what I assume is a knock off VV mesh RDA, though.

The mesh that comes with it looks pretty long:

Even if it's a bit short, I usually don't dose more than 20-25mg.
I'm just asking, because the roll of 150 mesh costs almost as much as the RDA for me.
Maybe I could try it and if I like it, I can purchase the better 150 mesh at that point? Or is the strip that comes with it trash?

Aum_Shanti
#110 Posted : 6/6/2019 1:39:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

5tarDust wrote:

Or is the strip that comes with it trash?

Looks OK to me. Try it.

I think I have a similar, if not the same knock-off as my package looked exactly the same, but I didn't get any mesh with it.

Also you can buy SS316-mesh locally from a corresponding hardware/metal-store.

Maybe you can find someone working with these meshes, and you can get some trash pieces of mesh, which they cannot use anymore as too little, but we only need tiny mesh pieces in relation.

5tarDust
#111 Posted : 6/6/2019 2:41:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright, the knock off VV RDA should be here by mid next weekBig grin

I'll report back. Hopefully the mesh in the photo actually shows up in the box.

enlightenedvoyager
#112 Posted : 6/6/2019 2:59:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

*** Happy Travels ***

enlightenedvoyager
#113 Posted : 6/6/2019 3:00:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

5tarDust wrote:
enlightenedvoyager wrote:

Honestly, order a mesh RDA...

Alright, I think you've convinced me. May as well spend a little and see what all the rage is about.

I may have missed it, but what was the verdict on the mesh strip that comes with the VandyVape?
The roll of mesh is pretty expensive to have delivered to where I'm at. I did manage to find a good price on what I assume is a knock off VV mesh RDA, though.

The mesh that comes with it looks pretty long:

Even if it's a bit short, I usually don't dose more than 20-25mg.
I'm just asking, because the roll of 150 mesh costs almost as much as the RDA for me.
Maybe I could try it and if I like it, I can purchase the better 150 mesh at that point? Or is the strip that comes with it trash?

The Vandy Vape mesh RDA that I bought came with 3 small strips of SS316L ( think it was their 150 mesh ) and 3 small strips of kanthal mesh and NI mesh. I used their SS316L mesh that came with the RDA n it worked perfectly. Try it! I’m sure it’ll still work Big grin
*** Happy Travels ***

Propello
#114 Posted : 6/6/2019 5:46:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Crispycat wrote:
after aum_shanti's advice i found a small jar and made a new shell that lets me have a double sized mesh!

Lol, do you have any holes for the needed airflow?

Aum shanti, do You have a link or hint where we Can find ss 100 mesh?
And i wonder how much spice You load om The mesh, since You need so much surface area. My Build, mesh inside the top cap should be able to hold 50 mg without problems.

Aum_Shanti
#115 Posted : 6/6/2019 8:18:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Propello wrote:

Aum shanti, do You have a link or hint where we Can find ss 100 mesh?

It's really a standard industrial product and widely available from the corresponding "local" producers/vendors.

Quote:
And i wonder how much spice You load om The mesh, since You need so much surface area. My Build, mesh inside the top cap should be able to hold 50 mg without problems.

Lol, as I said, I use it for many other substances too, which need way more material, and so I just usually have quite bigger mesh surfaces mounted. E.g. if you wanna vape DPT or MET you need more surface. And as I therefore anyways have usually quite bigger meshes mounted, it is just easier to load also for smaller amounts.

Also the less material per mesh surface area, the faster it evaporates.

Broccoli555
#116 Posted : 6/18/2019 4:51:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Got all the equipment in the other day and finally got a chance to try it out.

Mod: vzone cultura 100w
Mesh Rda: Wotofo profile with vandy vape ss316 150 mesh
Settings: 35W at 220C with ss316

Loaded about 10mg to test out. Pretty strong body high loud sound minimal visuals. Only other method I have tried was the yocan magneto (evolve plus equivalent) and the vapor was a lot smoother then that device and seemed more efficient.

With the wotofo/vandy vape mesh combo I keep getting false reading on the temperature. Not sure if I'm installing the mesh wrong or something. Have to test out a bit more. Will report back.

Aum_Shanti
#117 Posted : 6/18/2019 7:54:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Broccoli555 wrote:

With the wotofo/vandy vape mesh combo I keep getting false reading on the temperature.

In what relation? What exactly happens?

A few points to check (I don't assume, you don't know them, just want to be sure, and therefore list everything what comes to my mind)

* How long is your mesh? Very short might cause a problem for some mods.

* Are you sure you have the SS mesh, not Ni or Kanthal?

* Did you set to TC-SS mode?

* Do you have the preheating disabled?

* Did you initialize the cold resistance, when cold?

* is the mesh properly mounted on the base? E.g. if you wiggle the mesh, the indicated resistance should not change.

Broccoli555
#118 Posted : 6/18/2019 2:53:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Broccoli555 wrote:

With the wotofo/vandy vape mesh combo I keep getting false reading on the temperature.

In what relation? What exactly happens?

A few points to check (I don't assume, you don't know them, just want to be sure, and therefore list everything what comes to my mind)

* How long is your mesh? Very short might cause a problem for some mods.

* Are you sure you have the SS mesh, not Ni or Kanthal?

* Did you set to TC-SS mode?

* Do you have the preheating disabled?

* Did you initialize the cold resistance, when cold?

* is the mesh properly mounted on the base? E.g. if you wiggle the mesh, the indicated resistance should not change.

After a few uses after screwing in the mesh the mod detects that temperature is above the TC anytime I press the fire button. It may be a contact issue with the mesh and atomizer.

The mesh is around double the length of the mesh that comes in the kit

Made sure the spool says ss361

It is TC-SS

Not sure that this mod has preheating

By cold resistance do you mean the resistance of the mesh right after install. If so yes. It does change however when I adjust and get the resistance. Between 0.25 to 0.60.

No change in resistance from just wiggling the mesh.

Again thank you for your help.

Broccoli555
#119 Posted : 6/19/2019 5:37:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Let me just start off by thanking everyone in this thread and forum for sharing the knowledge of this wonderful molecule and the easiest way to utilize it.

Finally got the mesh to work properly. Ended up I was too long of a strip which was causing errors with the mod. Corrected the issue and loaded up around 25 mg. Took all in one 5 to 7 sec hit. Immediate body effects and about 5 sec I was off into another land. No burnt spice, mesh was clean. Smooth vapor, no harsh hit or throat burn. And no fiddling around with the fire button just inhale and fire.

One thing I did notice was that vapor immediately started to come out of the air holes on the side of the atomizer. Just have to get the timing right between the fire button and inhale.

From my limited use of different teks, the e-mesh method easily beats out the yocan Magento in every aspect of use except for set up process.

Thank you all again for sharing this wonderful method.

enlightenedvoyager
#120 Posted : 6/19/2019 2:36:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Broccoli555 wrote:
Let me just start off by thanking everyone in this thread and forum for sharing the knowledge of this wonderful molecule and the easiest way to utilize it.

Finally got the mesh to work properly. Ended up I was too long of a strip which was causing errors with the mod. Corrected the issue and loaded up around 25 mg. Took all in one 5 to 7 sec hit. Immediate body effects and about 5 sec I was off into another land. No burnt spice, mesh was clean. Smooth vapor, no harsh hit or throat burn. And no fiddling around with the fire button just inhale and fire.

One thing I did notice was that vapor immediately started to come out of the air holes on the side of the atomizer. Just have to get the timing right between the fire button and inhale.

From my limited use of different teks, the e-mesh method easily beats out the yocan Magento in every aspect of use except for set up process.

Thank you all again for sharing this wonderful method.

Hey, I’m the other user using the Vzone Cultura. I couldn’t get mine to work properly in SS mode as each time I pressed the button it would cut-out after like 5 seconds n come up on the display ‘temp protect’. I fiddled with my settings for ages with no luck. However, as soon as I tried TCR mode it worked perfectly. This is using the Vandy Vape 0.9 150 mesh with mod settings at 30w n temp 220c.

Just thought I’d give you the heads-up
*** Happy Travels ***

«PREV45678NEXT»