We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

some one
#61 Posted : 5/30/2019 9:25:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum, yes overstated, don't take me too serious haha. Changa bong, DIY machine, GVG, Mig vapor black, divine crossing v3, Yocan evolve plus, various e-juice vapes, Firewood 2.1, some wax vapes. The changa bong was the go-to method for me. You can get most to work but usually with a learning curve, while this device, I'm calling it the Shanti Vape. It's so easy and instant you can't fail.

Regarding handling. I don't have a custom long mesh setup with a DIY cap as you do. I just use a 4 cm long mesh (same length as the standard mesh piece that comes with the kit). The RDA cap fits on top. The opening narrows a bit with the black cross-over piece on, which connects my glass adapter (I think its from the divine crossing vape). The 13mm wide mesh net is fully under the opening then. With the RDA cap on, I can load the spice straight in with a folded piece of paper and a dab stick. Pulse at 100c to melt it in. Then attach my glass adapter. It's actually super easy, faster than preloading the GVG.

Quote:
Funnily in the thread, where I first reported this idea (Link), and then shortly later my success with this tek (Link), you didn't seem to take any notice, and basically completely ignored it. Big grin
Seems to have needed almost a year...Very happy
As said, I just thought people are either not interested in it, or it doesn't work properly for others.

Damn, you are right...

One year of our DMT careers, wasted, discussing and testing things like the yocan Laughing
some = one | here = some | there = one

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

enlightenedvoyager
#62 Posted : 5/30/2019 12:03:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
So this is what worked up till now:

Propello:
220c / 30w max / 1.09 TCR
Wotofo profile mesh RDA
VandyVape Ni80 100 mesh

enlightenedvoyager:
220c / 30w max / 0.00200 TCR
VandyVape mesh RDA
VandyVape SS316L 150 mesh

Crispycat:
120c / 0.00088 TCR
Wotofo profile mesh RDA
VandyVape SS316L 400 mesh

Crispycat, how many W max are you using?

An good way to explain TC/W is using the analogy of a car:

Wattage only mode is like pressing the gas peddle in to a certain level. If you press the peddle in 30%, the car will accelerate slowly to eg. 100 kmh. If you press the peddle in 100%, it will accelerate fast to top speed. TC is like using the cruise control's speed limiter. If you set a 100 kmh limit, peddle in 30% will accelerate slowly to 100 kmh and keep it there. Peddle in 100% will accelerate fast to 100kmh and keep it there.

With the vape: speed = temp, gas = W. The higher the W max, the faster the mesh will heat up to the set temp. When temp is reached, W decreases to keep temp constant. Example: at 220c and 30w the mod powers 30w until 220c is reached. When reached, power is reduced to 5w to keep it at 220c.

However, when inhaling the air flow cools the mesh below 220c. As soon as that happens the vape will apply more W to try heat it up again to 220c (like driving up a hill with cruise control), but never more than 30w. At a certain inhalation speed 30w max is not enough to heat it to 220c. Actual temp might only reach 190-200c. I observed this happening (tested without DMT).

As Crispycat explained the modbox doesn't measure the temp directly. Each metal has its own specific resistance at a certain temp (TCR). By measuring the resistance the modbox calculates the temp belonging to a TCR. A wrong TCR value displays the wrong temp. If you choose random figures and it works, no worries.

But in my opinion it's good for us to standardize temp, W and TCR for SS. So we can share the optimized settings for all to copy. As we are standardizing anyway, Let's use the correct TCR value. A benefit is that people with other mesh materials can replicate results using the same temp and W. I recommend 0.00088 for SS.

Looking at the difference in settings (see above), it's interesting to see that this device is so effective that it works at a wide range of temperature.

This is the best explanation and totally makes sense Thumbs up Thanx for that!

Soooo pleased ‘shanti vape tek’ worked for you too Big grin Amazing, eh Shocked

How was the glass drip tip? I didn’t buy one in the end but still might. Did you see the vapour come up through it or was blast off too quick you didn’t notice the vapour?
*** Happy Travels ***

Propello
#63 Posted : 5/30/2019 12:25:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
So this is what worked up till now:

Propello:
220c / 30w max / 1.09 TCR
Wotofo profile mesh RDA
VandyVape Ni80 100 mesh

Present setup:
220 C, Max 30w
Tcr 0.00090
Vandyvape mesh ss316 200 1,2 ohm/ft

Aum_Shanti
#64 Posted : 5/30/2019 12:49:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
I'm calling it the Shanti Vape.

I just call it "direct e-mesh vaping".

Quote:
It's actually super easy, faster than preloading the GVG.

But still e.g. a juice solution is clearly way easier to handle. Also you can fire again and again, whereas this solution is a one shot tek.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

enlightenedvoyager
#65 Posted : 5/30/2019 2:50:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
some one wrote:
I'm calling it the Shanti Vape.

Quote:
It's actually super easy, faster than preloading the GVG.

But still e.g. a juice solution is clearly way easier to handle. Also you can fire again and again, whereas this solution is a one shot tek.

Oh, come on Rolling eyes Let us name this amazing vaping tek after you Big grin

*** Happy Travels ***

Aum_Shanti
#66 Posted : 5/30/2019 3:32:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

enlightenedvoyager wrote:

Lol, that isn't really my name. Shanti means peace in Sanskrit.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

enlightenedvoyager
#67 Posted : 5/30/2019 4:20:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
enlightenedvoyager wrote:

I guessed that Smile However, you found this method so I reckon you should name it Embarrased It’s genius!
*** Happy Travels ***

Broccoli555
#68 Posted : 5/30/2019 5:23:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Would the Vzone Cultura 100W Mod work with the wotofo profile? Want to make sure before I start testing out the e-mesh method. Any help is much appreciated.

enlightenedvoyager
#69 Posted : 5/30/2019 5:40:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Broccoli555 wrote:
Would the Vzone Cultura 100W Mod work with the wotofo profile? Want to make sure before I start testing out the e-mesh method. Any help is much appreciated.

Yes! It would. I use mine with the Vandy Vape mesh RDA Thumbs up
*** Happy Travels ***

Propello
#70 Posted : 5/30/2019 5:50:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Broccoli555 wrote:

There Are cheaper mods there that would do The trick, FX https://www.myvaporstore.com/SMOK-Priv-V8-Starter-Kit-Red-Black-p/sm-stp10.htm but The vzone is also ok. Remember to add a battery to The basket.

I would also recommend The vandyvape mesh rda instead of the wotofo profile. Easier to setup The mesh.

And vandyvape ss316 mesh roll.

Aum_Shanti
#71 Posted : 5/30/2019 5:57:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Also be aware that it doesn't have to be an original Vandyvape atomizer. E.g. I got a cheap chinese knock-off, which you can get for less than 10 bucks incl. worldwide shipping.

Also in the long run, buying some industrial SS316 mesh is way cheaper than the vandyvape rolls. But if you just use it to vape DMT, you anyways don't need much mesh...

Crispycat
#72 Posted : 5/30/2019 6:44:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:

this is actually a benefit of "Shanti tek" for me!
The preparation is a little ritual! involving finding scales, battery's, locating the spice, weighing and transferring to the mesh, melting... this clears my head of anything else by giving me a mini task to focus on!
then as I cant move for a good 10 min after I cant do a stupid "give me moar!!"re-dose
pretty sure with a vape cart id be tripping all day every day as it would just be too easy and i clearly have no self control Big grin
Never trust a hyperfart!

Broccoli555
#73 Posted : 5/30/2019 6:48:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all for the quick replies. Ordered the wotofo profile with the vzome cultura. Would the vandyvape mesh work with the wotofo?

enlightenedvoyager
#74 Posted : 5/30/2019 7:10:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Broccoli555 wrote:
Thank you all for the quick replies. Ordered the wotofo profile with the vzome cultura. Would the vandyvape mesh work with the wotofo?

Yes! It will Thumbs up Great choice of mod btw Big grin
*** Happy Travels ***

Broccoli555
#75 Posted : 5/30/2019 8:53:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Great thanks. I'll post my results.

Propello
#76 Posted : 5/30/2019 10:12:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Broccoli555 wrote:

Yes but You need to snip off the corners, AS The clamps are not AS wide AS the mesh.

Good luck and keep us posted Smile

5tarDust
#77 Posted : 5/30/2019 10:55:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Propello,
Thanks for doing such extensive "scientific research" in the name of humanity.
When are you going to test out the Sai TAF!? I've been anxiously awaiting your review.
I currently have the Sai TAF and am considering either buying a spare bucket for DMT, or trying out the Shanti tek. They are about the same price.

A cool hack with the Sai that I found, is that you can unscrew the bucket and use that to weigh the spice. It makes it real clean and easy since there is no chance of loss when transferring the spice after weighing it.

mycowong
#78 Posted : 6/1/2019 8:02:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

5tarDust wrote:
Propello,
Thanks for doing such extensive "scientific research" in the name of humanity.
When are you going to test out the Sai TAF!? I've been anxiously awaiting your review.
I currently have the Sai TAF and am considering either buying a spare bucket for DMT, or trying out the Shanti tek. They are about the same price.

A cool hack with the Sai that I found, is that you can unscrew the bucket and use that to weigh the spice. It makes it real clean and easy since there is no chance of loss when transferring the spice after weighing it.

I've tested it with the titanium bucket. Works amazing. See my posts above.

some one
#79 Posted : 6/2/2019 11:07:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Quote:

Ok, then: Aum_Shanti direct e-Mesh Vape Tek, aka: Shanti vape. (The ease of use gives peace of mind for blasting off) Rolling eyes

Quote:
a juice solution is clearly way easier to handle. Also you can fire again and again, whereas this solution is a one shot tek.

Loading each dose is standard effort imho. e-juice has many disadvantages, such as you don't know how much you get in, requires multiple inhalations, sometimes the atomizer gets cloaked and burns, unknown health hazards, etc.

For anyone trying this tek, keep us posted which device and settings you use. So far this works:

RDA:
- Wotofo profile mesh RDA
- VandyVape mesh RDA

Note: both work the with e-meshes below, as probably do other (cheaper) devices.

e-Mesh:
- Vandyvape SS316L 150 mesh 0,9 ohm/ft
- Vandyvape SS316L 200 mesh 1,2 ohm/ft

Note: the edges need to be cut a bit to fit in the RDA's mentioned above.

Modbox setting:
- TC: 200-220c, 30-35w, SS or 0,00090 TCR

Note: make sure the battery and your mod can handle sub ohm levels.

some one
#80 Posted : 6/2/2019 11:22:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mycowong wrote:
Np. I'm pretty sure you can breakthrough with about 15-25mg in this thing. I use it on wattage mode at 45w. I usually heat It up to 50% then hit it near the end of the draw to get the most concentrated hit. Then I hold until I need another breath. Then break through lol every time.

"until I need another breath", another breath of fresh air or another inhalation of spice? "heating it up to 50%", 50% of what? "Then hit", you don't inhale from the start? I might be wrong, but sounds like a learning curve?

I'm also looking forward hearing Propello's comparison of the Sai vs Shanti vape.

«PREV23456NEXT»