We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"I tthink I've been ripped off" -OR- Depsychedelicized DMT and third eyes... Options

null24
#1 Posted : 5/28/2019 8:28:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

You'd think that a band whose name reads 'third eye' with a song called "DMT" would be a Schpongly mess. I do sincerely apologize for posting this, but maybe some of our more cynical members who can appreciate the irony will, like me find it to be a funny.

Somehow, I don't think the "Doing Ma Thang" they're yammering on about is clandestine chemistry or smoking drugs, but probably has more to do with consumerism, breeding, state values and Samsung than tripping, but what do i know about K-pop?
THERE'S NO REASON IN THE WORLD TO CLICK THIS HORRIBLE KPOP VIDEO LINK
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Psilosopher?
#2 Posted : 5/29/2019 11:43:10 AM

Don't Panic

WARNING! VERY ANGRY RANT BELOW!

This is simply disgusting. It's not humourous or fun. At all.

If PsychedSubstance had a bunch of his videos flagged by nexians because of irresponsible dissemination of information, how is this any different? Sure PsychedSubstance was directly related to DMT as a substance and the ingestion of, and this is just using the letters DMT. But this is just attention whoring to the max. They are abusing search engine optimisations (SEO's) to profit off a sacred molecule, which has been growing in popularity in recent years. They are a corporate k-pop group, and their bosses probably wanted to hook in as many views as possible. This is exactly the same trend of low-quality youtube channels putting trendy words in their title, even if it has nothing to do with the video. "box fort boxfort fort videos papa jake prank your whole family with these amazing fortnite boxfort collins key nerf gun escape strategies"

Watching this made me the angriest i've been in a looong time. It's not cute or adorable. It's reprehensible. This is precisely the embodiment of my fear of psychedelics becoming mainstream. Sure, people should know about DMT and psychedelics, but not like this.

If this is allowed to slide, this will breed complacency with powerful medicines being abused by the mainstream media. The sanctity of entheogens is being threatened.

I'm sure people will tell me to ignore this and focus on my own life. "Freedom of speech, maaaaan". That also implies freedom of being irresponsible. And is that truly a good thing?

There is probably only one solution: boycott this group. Flag every video. Do everything to make sure this group burns to the fking ground. That is their comeuppance for being consumerist capitalist pigs, using cheap tactics to get popular with a garbage genre. I am now convinced North Korea is the better Korea.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Th Entity
#3 Posted : 5/29/2019 2:19:29 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Psilosopher? i dont think your rant was angry enough, i would use words not suitable for our community rules. This is immensely disgusting and sadenning im truly pissed at things like that, those fk's dont respect peoples passions, work, traditions and religion (in some cultures) and use words assosiated with those sacrements to benefit off them in some way/shape or form. Since im on a rant too, i would like to rant about people with 0 knowedge in chemistry who without planing/learning about extraction methods/techniques, start extracting from LARGE amounts of root bark and end up with low yield or totally failed extractions, wasting the precious root bark, that a tree died for.
It breaks my heart that this is the current reality of this scene, but some people are builders and some are destructors in this world.

null24
#4 Posted : 5/29/2019 4:46:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Huh. Well that went sideways. I still think it's funny, but then again i choose my battles...
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

#5 Posted : 5/29/2019 4:52:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I thought it was funny lol, though completely ridiculous and stupid, but funny. You gotta love today

jiva
#6 Posted : 5/29/2019 6:46:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just to provide a different perspective.
is anyone actually sure this was really ment to represent DMT?

i know a little bit about korea and kpop. Kpop is the most commercialized music genre. Every decision is made by a company. These companies in korea have to follow the rules the public Music TV stations set. As drug use is still very much stigmatized in korea by using the name of a drug as a song title their music would be banned from such broadcasting systems, which most kpop bands rely on

this is not ment to downplay anything that has been mentioned here before.
but i did put the lyrics in a translator and as far as i can tell the song is really about the band doing its thing - Do Ma Thang. it could be possible that DMT in this case really just ist an abbreviation for the song title.
if anybody knows more details... let me know

Loveall
#7 Posted : 5/29/2019 6:50:00 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I reserve all my dissapointment for the authorities, and citizens who support said authorities, who criminalize and prosecute those who are tying to be closer to nature.

Now THAT arrogant authoritarian disfunction will get me ranting big time.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

null24
#8 Posted : 5/29/2019 7:20:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
sure this was really ment to represent DMT?

egg-zackly! When i have to explain ironic sarcasm- the lowest form of humor- i feel like a complete failure, as if my attempt at humor started a world war. Oh! my comedic aspirations...

Quote:
i dont think your rant was angry enough, i would use words not suitable for our community rules

Damn man, have you ever listened to any of that American/British saccharine psychedelic poop from the sixties? I bet 'incense and peppermint' would make your head explode!
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 5/29/2019 9:35:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

null24 wrote:
[...] When i have to explain ironic sarcasm- the lowest form of humor- i feel like a complete failure, as if my attempt at humor started a world war. Oh! my comedic aspirations...
[...]

See, that's where you went wrong. This is the internet, dognabbit!

Video atrocious, btw.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

FranLover
#10 Posted : 5/30/2019 4:53:34 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

its so uninspired and sounds so bad and looks so stupid that its hillarious! From now on when I smoke dmt I'll be Doing Ma Thing!
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

jiva
#11 Posted : 5/30/2019 7:58:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:
From now on when I smoke dmt I'll be Doing Ma Thing!

Laughing Laughing

Jagube
#12 Posted : 5/30/2019 12:40:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I saw the video and felt rather indifferent about it.

It's the kind of music that most people like, and when there is demand, someone will supply it. De gustibus non est disputandum, and an efficient market is better than an inefficient one.

I also don't see clickbait practices as a social problem, but rather a technological one, and I'm sure it will be solved through better rating systems, video suggestion algorithms etc., but also people's ever-improving discernment (note that since the Internet and freedom / low cost of speech have only emerged recently, we have a lot to learn how to live with this precious gift). Think automatically generated SEO bait web pages of the early 2000's, they don't come up at the top of your Google search results these days anymore.

Freedom of speech is the pinnacle of mankind's achievement and a big milestone in the evolution of the Universe, the purpose of which is to explore combinatorial spaces through multiplicity and diversity. It is only in an environment of freedom of speech that the Truth can be found. If you let speak only those few you agree with, then maybe a few people will say something. If you let anyone speak, billions of people will speak and the probability that one of them is right will be at least as high. We all came to this world with mouths and fingers for a reason, for a person to put oneself in the role of an arbiter of the different parts of the Divine Plan and use coercion to enforce one's judgments is arrogant. The evolution of consciousness takes time, many generations of working through karmic entanglements. The best (and IMO the only ethically acceptable thing) we can do is be the Light ourselves.

Psilosopher? wrote:
I am now convinced North Korea is the better Korea.

In South Korea you won't get executed for saying what you want. Also, South Koreans can use the internet just like you are now. You didn't really mean what you said, did you?

There is a big difference between disliking / flagging Youtube videos (part of free speech) and putting people in prison or putting bullets in their heads (the opposite of free speech). Might your emotions be blinding you and taking your reason away?