We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

some one
#41 Posted : 5/27/2019 3:30:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Crispycat, yes sounds like you need to set a W limit for TC. High heat in the first second seems to work though, like a dab, so that's interesting.

mycowong, do you get a full dose in one hit and what's the taste like? The Saionara sounds very easy to fill. But to me the vaping is the most important part. I look forward hearing from Propell about the comparison vs the mesh.

Aum_Shanti, I didn't notice you mentioned it until here. Never heard of mesh vapes before so your explanation sounded very cryptic. Only after the pictures came from you and Propello it made sense. Next time post pictures sooner! Very happy

You are right that a temperature true TCR setting is not needed and that you can tweak the temp if TCR is off to find the sweet spot. But as we are sharing data anyway, let's share the optimized variables with other users instead of everyone reinventing the wheel. As of now I assume baseline to be 220c 30w 0.00088 TCR using a VandyVape SS316L 0.9 ohm/ft 150 mesh (or the same brand + material mesh with a higher density). Thanks again for this tek!
some = one | here = some | there = one

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Crispycat
#42 Posted : 5/27/2019 5:18:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Crispycat, yes sounds like you need to set a W limit for TC. High heat in the first second seems to work though, like a dab, so that's interesting.

Yep just tried with some cbd wax and that wattage controll in tcr does make a difference to it instantly vaping or slow vape and answers my temperature issue
Im turning it back up because I do like the insta vape/dab effect with the spice it's so fast no noticeable burn or taste just an omg here we go as you exhale a giant cloud

"Shanti Tek" gets my vote Thumbs up
Never trust a hyperfart!

Propello
#43 Posted : 5/27/2019 11:42:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
Seems like the perfect tool for one hit DMT vaping!

Propell:
Vaporesso Revenger X 220w @ 220c / 30w max / TCR 1.09
Wotofo profile mesh RDA
VandyVape Ni80 1.8 ohm/ft 100 mesh (0.1 ohm measured)

In this topic you talk about using ss316, but here you mention you made a mistake and it was the Ni80 instead. Is this right? According to info online Nichrome is not suitable for temp control, but good to see it works for you. Where did you find /get the 1.09 TCR value from? A warning to others: make sure your battery /mod can handle 0.1 ohm. Preferably go for a steel mesh (it works, see below).

PS. Have you tried the Saionara yet? Interested in reading your comparison. mycowong, which modbox settings do you use on the Saionara?

I had troubles with the temp control, since I after a while discovered I had used ni80, so I switched to another mod and used a higher TCR to get it to work, and it actually worked fantastic.

I just got the 0.9ohm vandyvape ss mesh, and the 1.2 ohm 200 mesh SS316, and I am going to find the optimal temp/wattage with 'real' TC this time, in SS mode. I think 220 deg C is good, since the airflow when hitting will cool down the mesh while the spice vaporize, which happens very fast, forget a third hit.

Still haven't got the saionara, but I'll report back. Haven't tried the motar yet, since I became so amazed by the mesh method.

The mesh bits are to short. you need vandyvape mesh rolls. In order to make a platform the mesh need to be longer than the bits. A little bit tricky to bend it, but it should be as wide as possible, just as it doesn't touch the top cap, to get as much loading area as possible.

I have also ordered a vandyvape mesh rda, since the wotofo profile has a little narrower clamps than the vandyvape wire, so the mesh needs to be adjusted to get it fit in there.
But the profile works when you have the mesh in place.

some one
#44 Posted : 5/28/2019 6:25:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the additional info Propello & Crispycat.

Got my hands on a mesh RDA. My setup:

Joytech eVic VTwo Mini 75W
VandyVape Mesh RDA
VandyVape SS316L 150 mesh 40x13mm (0.25 ohm measured)
Glass drip tip (from an other brand)

The glass tip fits using the plastic crossover that came with the RDA kit. The mesh wires that came with the RDA kit are 40x10mm. The mesh roll (bought separately) is 13mm wide. I cut off 4 cm (same length as the kit mesh). The lower parts of the 13mm wide mesh roll need to be cut a little to fit the RDA sleeves (10mm). The air holes are 1/3 open. The eVic has VT (temp control) for SS316.

Can't wait to try it out! What matters for me: I want all in one hit Very happy
some one attached the following image(s):
mesh.png (388kb) downloaded 1,048 time(s).

enlightenedvoyager
#45 Posted : 5/28/2019 7:03:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
Thanks for the additional info Propello & Crispycat.

Joytech eVic VTwo Mini 75W
VandyVape Mesh RDA
VandyVape SS316L 150 mesh 40x13mm (0.25 ohm measured)
Glass drip tip (from an other brand)

The glass tip fits using the plastic crossover that came with the RDA kit. The mesh wires that came with the RDA kit are 40x10mm. The mesh roll (bought separately) is 13mm wide. I cut off 4 cm (same length as the kit mesh). The lower sides of the mesh (from the roll) still need to be cut a little to fit the RDA (fits 10mm). The eVic has VT (temp control) for SS316.

Can't wait to try it out! What matters for me: I want all in one hit Very happy

Nice setup! You’re gonna love it Big grin My VV mesh RDA is the best bit of kit I’ve bought, ever Laughing So easy to clear all in one hit too Thumbs up I use the same mesh. Works a treat!

Keep us posted!
*** Happy Travels ***

enlightenedvoyager
#46 Posted : 5/28/2019 9:14:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
Seems like the perfect tool for one hit DMT vaping!

Propell:
Vaporesso Revenger X 220w @ 220c / 30w max / TCR 1.09
Wotofo profile mesh RDA
VandyVape Ni80 1.8 ohm/ft 100 mesh (0.1 ohm measured)

In this topic you talk about using ss316, but here you mention you made a mistake and it was the Ni80 instead. Is this right? According to info online Nichrome is not suitable for temp control, but good to see it works for you. Where did you find /get the 1.09 TCR value from? A warning to others: make sure your battery /mod can handle 0.1 ohm. Preferably go for a steel mesh (it works, see below).

PS. Have you tried the Saionara yet? Interested in reading your comparison. mycowong, which modbox settings do you use on the Saionara?

enlightenedvoyager:
Vzone Cultura 100w @ 220c / 30w max / ? TCR
VandyVape mesh RDA
VandyVape SS316L 0.9 ohm/ft 150 mesh (0.24 ohm measured)

Do you use the standard short mesh that came with the VV mesh RDA kit, or did you buy a separate mesh wire roll? Which manual TCR setting are you using, 0.00088 or 0.00092?

Crispycat uses:
Smoant Naboo 225w @ 120c / 0.00088 TCR
Wotofo profile mesh RDA
VandyVape SS316L 43 ohm/ft 400 mesh (0.45 ohm measured)

Good to read that mesh denseness is not an issue. How much ohm does your mod measure? Why is your temp so low compared to the others? Have you tried a breakthrough dose yet?

(updated values)

I used the standard mesh that came with my RDA but I’ve bought a roll of the same stuff SS316L 150 0.9.
*** Happy Travels ***

some one
#47 Posted : 5/28/2019 10:24:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks!

Nice to know the kit mesh works (not too narrow). You mentioned you load and pre-melt in 2x, good enough. I noticed in your pics that your mod is on TCR mode. Which value are you using?

Quote:
So easy to clear all in one hit too Thumbs up

Most mods stop firing after 10 sec and you need to let the power button go and repress to keep going. Are you guys getting all in in 10 seconds? Or repress after the 10 sec stop and keep on inhaling for a total of 20 sec in one go to get it all in?

Quote:
I just got the 0.9ohm vandyvape ss mesh, and the 1.2 ohm 200 mesh SS316, and I am going to find the optimal temp/wattage with 'real' TC this time, in SS mode. I think 220 deg C is good, since the airflow when hitting will cool down the mesh while the spice vaporize, which happens very fast, forget a third hit.

This means your actual inhalation temp is below 220c and you need two inhalations instead of one? I noticed my temp hovers around 190-200c using 30w while inhaling (without dmt). Meaning 30w is not strong enough to reach 220c with the cooling airflow. I need to inhale quite slowly for the power limiting to kick in. Are you guys inhaling at 220c, or is the actual temp lower? You can test without DMT, look at the real time changing temp on the display. If it's lower, we can decrease temp to a better optimum (eg. 200c) and increase max power a bit (eg. 35w) to keep it stable. That way the actual vaping temp will be less inhalation speed dependent.

enlightenedvoyager
#48 Posted : 5/29/2019 10:35:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
Thanks!

Nice to know the kit mesh works (not too narrow). You mentioned you load and pre-melt in 2x, good enough. I noticed in your pics that your mod is on TCR mode. Which value are you using?

Quote:

Most mods stop firing after 10 sec and you need to let the power button go and repress to keep going. Are you guys getting all in in 10 seconds? Or repress after the 10 sec stop and keep on inhaling for a total of 20 sec in one go to get it all in?

Quote:

This means your actual inhalation temp is below 220c and you need two inhalations instead of one? I noticed my temp hovers around 190-200c using 30w while inhaling (without dmt). Meaning 30w is not strong enough to reach 220c with the cooling airflow. I need to inhale quite slowly for the power limiting to kick in. Are you guys inhaling at 220c, or is the actual temp lower? You can test without DMT, look at the real time changing temp on the display. If it's lower, we can decrease temp to a better optimum (eg. 200c) and increase max power a bit (eg. 35w) to keep it stable. That way the actual vaping temp will be less inhalation speed dependent.

I found the standard mesh to hold 15mg and 30mg fine but like I said, I had to melt half the 30mg dose first n then melt the other half on top. This worked fine. I turned down my mod to 100c to melt though so as not to burn or waste any of the goods. I knew I hadn’t wasted any of the 30mg as it was an instant breakthrough Thumbs up 1 short click of the button at 100c melted the molecule instantly. My next blast-off n I’m gonna cut my own mesh from the Vandy Vape reel I’ve bought so I might get a bigger surface area but the standard stuff works fine.

As for temp setting I have mine on 0.00200 but I don’t even know what this means lol. I vape daily ( nicotine ) but only ever use wattage mode so using TC is new to me. I tried the other settings but it wouldn’t let me fire for long before flashing up ‘temp protect’ n cutting out so I tried 0.00200 n it worked perfectly without restricting how long I press the button for.

My mod doesn’t seem to cut out after 10 seconds so I just hold down the button n take one long draw. Gone before I know it Surprised but that could easily be less than 10 seconds as this thing seems to work like a dab n is instant!

When set to 220c @ 30w on the 0.00200 setting, as soon as I press the button the display goes from 220c to showing 315c. If I continue to hold the button it stays at 315c.

Sorry I can’t help you more with the temp control thing. It’s new to me too. I just messed with my settings n went with the above settings n it works amazingly! It’s so quick it’s just like a dab rig with quartz banger but without the glassware n open flame.

Happy travels Smile
*** Happy Travels ***

enlightenedvoyager
#49 Posted : 5/29/2019 10:48:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

enlightenedvoyager wrote:
some one wrote:
Thanks!

Quote:

Quote:

I found the standard mesh to hold 15mg and 30mg fine but like I said, I had to melt half the 30mg dose first n then melt the other half on top. This worked fine. I turned down my mod to 100c to melt though so as not to burn or waste any of the goods. I knew I hadn’t wasted any of the 30mg as it was an instant breakthrough Thumbs up 1 short click of the button at 100c melted the molecule instantly. My next blast-off n I’m gonna cut my own mesh from the Vandy Vape reel I’ve bought so I might get a bigger surface area but the standard stuff works fine.

As for temp setting I have mine on 0.00200 but I don’t even know what this means lol. I vape daily ( nicotine ) but only ever use wattage mode so using TC is new to me. I tried the other settings but it wouldn’t let me fire for long before flashing up ‘temp protect’ n cutting out so I tried 0.00200 n it worked perfectly without restricting how long I press the button for.
I tried SS mode n struggled with settings. I swapped to TCR mode n it works great!

My mod doesn’t seem to cut out after 10 seconds so I just hold down the button n take one long draw. Gone before I know it Surprised but that could easily be less than 10 seconds as this thing seems to work like a dab n is instant!

When set to 220c @ 30w on the 0.00200 setting in TCR mode as soon as I press the button the display goes from 220c to showing 315c. If I continue to hold the button it stays at 315c.

Sorry I can’t help you more with the temp control thing. It’s new to me too. I just messed with my settings n went with the above settings n it works amazingly! It’s so quick it’s just like a dab rig with quartz banger but without the glassware n open flame.

Happy travels Smile

*** Happy Travels ***

Crispycat
#50 Posted : 5/29/2019 11:31:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When set to 220c @ 30w on the 0.00200 setting, as soon as I press the button the display goes from 220c to showing 315c. If I continue to hold the button it stays at 315c.

the vape mods dont measure temperature with a thermometer they use math and the changing resistance of the coil/mesh to guess the temperature, so if the tcr multiplier value is too high or two low your mesh temperature wont be accurate, not a big deal for spice as long as no sign of burning it
tcr setting 0.00200 seems a little high for stainless steel normally being in the 0.00088 to 0.00150

after saying all that if it works well (which it sounds like it does) then you dont really need to change it! it wont hurt your mod or mesh and if you get any sign of spice burning its probably easier to lower the C/F temperature range!

some one wrote:

Nice! looks good! let us know when you have tried it!
ive really got to get one of those glass adaptors
Never trust a hyperfart!

enlightenedvoyager
#51 Posted : 5/29/2019 12:06:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Crispycat wrote:

the vape mods dont measure temperature with a thermometer they use math and the changing resistance of the coil/mesh to guess the temperature, so if the tcr multiplier value is too high or two low your mesh temperature wont be accurate, not a big deal for spice as long as no sign of burning it
tcr setting 0.00200 seems a little high for stainless steel normally being in the 0.00088 to 0.00150

after saying all that if it works well (which it sounds like it does) then you dont really need to change it! it wont hurt your mod or mesh and if you get any sign of spice burning its probably easier to lower the C/F temperature range!

Oh, I see. Thanks for explaining that Thumbs up

Does this TCR setting ( 0.00200 ) have an effect on heat up time?
*** Happy Travels ***

Crispycat
#52 Posted : 5/29/2019 1:02:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no, the wattage will affect the heat up time, most mods shot a high wattage through the mesh in the first few millisecond to get the rapid heat up then drop to a low wattage to keep the calculated temperature

you should be able to set the wattage limit higher for quicker heat or lower for a slower heat up

i liked the lower wattage for melting spice onto the mesh where as the higher wattage 30+ instantly vaped the spice!
Never trust a hyperfart!

enlightenedvoyager
#53 Posted : 5/29/2019 1:28:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Crispycat wrote:

no, the wattage will affect the heat up time, most mods shot a high wattage through the mesh in the first few millisecond to get the rapid heat up then drop to a low wattage to keep the calculated temperature

you should be able to set the wattage limit higher for quicker heat or lower for a slower heat up

i liked the lower wattage for melting spice onto the mesh where as the higher wattage 30+ instantly vaped the spice!

Argh OK! Things make sense now. You’d never believe I’ve been vaping for years Laughing So it’s not the temp I need to lower when melting the molecule, it’s the wattage? Would 15w be good for the pre-melt? I’m gonna stick with 30w for blast-off as this seemed perfect.

Thanks again for your help!
*** Happy Travels ***

Crispycat
#54 Posted : 5/29/2019 3:29:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Argh OK! Things make sense now. You’d never believe I’ve been vaping for years Laughing So it’s not the temp I need to lower when melting the molecule, it’s the wattage? Would 15w be good for the pre-melt? I’m gonna stick with 30w for blast-off as this seemed perfect.

heh no worries temp control is a fairly new thing I must of read through 10+ sites before working it out!
if your wattage is easy to change in temp mode id start with the lid off so you can see the mesh at 1w with a tiny amount of molecule and work up till you get visible melt,
for me 5w at 120c only required a tap of the button to melt, upped to 30w to vape but differences in the mod and mesh layout as well as tcr could make our results quite different
Never trust a hyperfart!

Propello
#55 Posted : 5/29/2019 4:55:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:

Quote:

The mod is supposed to compensante and turn the wattage up if the mesh/coil gets cooled down, so the mesh should be heated to fx 220 deg. C continously, not dependent on how hard you inhale as in wattage mode.

The optimal combination of temp setting and max wattage is some what difficult to define, as different mods tend to behavee different in TC mode, but at
0,25-0,3ohm I would say watt 200-220 and max 23-30w. I have no idea if it is actually 220 deg C on the coil itself, but I have found the settings that works for me, following my thumb rule:

As a thumb rule I adjust the mod's temp settings( C and or TCR ) until the mesh glows a little bit when holding the fire button.
The faint glow should pulse on and off if the TC works properly. That is the optimal srtting in my opinion.

Your setup looks perfect, that should do it. All you have to do is find the optimal temp settings before loading. Thumbs up

I just build my dripper with the new SS316 200 mesh 1.2 ohm/ft from vandyvape, the build is around 0,25 ohm.
I tested with my Vaporesso luxe mod on max 30w, 210 degrees C, and it worked perfectly, I'll test the new setup tonight or tomorrow.
Propello attached the following image(s):
IMG_20190529_143205991.jpg (3,194kb) downloaded 791 time(s).
IMG_20190529_161545121.jpg (3,592kb) downloaded 793 time(s).
IMG_20190529_164059544kl.jpg (52kb) downloaded 778 time(s).

Propello
#56 Posted : 5/29/2019 5:17:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

30mg tested Friday Shocked Absolutely mind blowing! I’m still processing it all now ( trying not to forget it ). Full breakthrough into totally awe, beauty and love. I was being shown the workings of another dimension and the beauty of it was beyond what I can put into words. I came-to with my jaw on the floor with dribble down my chin ( very glamorous ) Laughing All I kept saying was ‘wow, yes, yes, wow, omg wow lol.

I can’t even remember going through the jester tunnel or waiting room. I cleared the 30mg in one hit n held it in that long I couldn’t remember blowing it back out n then within an instant I was there n it was just full of love and beauty. I didn’t even get the high pitched reality tearing apart sound. It was that quick. Instant breakthrough!

This method is genius Thumbs up I went for 220 temp n 30w this time n that’s what I’m gonna stick with, I reckon. I used a new mesh n I must admit I did struggle a little getting the whole 30mg onto it. What I did in the end was added half the 30mg, melted that n then added the other half n melted that. It worked a treat but I often did this when loading my machine.

This method is definitely on par with a dab rig with quartz banger but soooo much better as no glassware to break n no torch lighter to deal with when your reality is being ripped apart. Never used a gvg so can’t comment but this is my go-to method from now on Surprised

Mesh was totally clean again after use n still my rda doesn’t smell. Nice Thumbs up

Thanks for the info and The tour.Smile

some one
#57 Posted : 5/29/2019 11:03:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So this is what worked up till now:

Propello:
220c / 30w max / 1.09 TCR
Wotofo profile mesh RDA
VandyVape Ni80 100 mesh

enlightenedvoyager:
220c / 30w max / 0.00200 TCR
VandyVape mesh RDA
VandyVape SS316L 150 mesh

Crispycat:
120c / 0.00088 TCR
Wotofo profile mesh RDA
VandyVape SS316L 400 mesh

Crispycat, how many W max are you using?

An good way to explain TC/W is using the analogy of a car:

Wattage only mode is like pressing the gas peddle in to a certain level. If you press the peddle in 30%, the car will accelerate slowly to eg. 100 kmh. If you press the peddle in 100%, it will accelerate fast to top speed. TC is like using the cruise control's speed limiter. If you set a 100 kmh limit, peddle in 30% will accelerate slowly to 100 kmh and keep it there. Peddle in 100% will accelerate fast to 100kmh and keep it there.

With the vape: speed = temp, gas = W. The higher the W max, the faster the mesh will heat up to the set temp. When temp is reached, W decreases to keep temp constant. Example: at 220c and 30w the mod powers 30w until 220c is reached. When reached, power is reduced to 5w to keep it at 220c.

However, when inhaling the air flow cools the mesh below 220c. As soon as that happens the vape will apply more W to try heat it up again to 220c (like driving up a hill with cruise control), but never more than 30w. At a certain inhalation speed 30w max is not enough to heat it to 220c. Actual temp might only reach 190-200c. I observed this happening (tested without DMT).

As Crispycat explained the modbox doesn't measure the temp directly. Each metal has its own specific resistance at a certain temp (TCR). By measuring the resistance the modbox calculates the temp belonging to a TCR. A wrong TCR value displays the wrong temp. If you choose random figures and it works, no worries.

But in my opinion it's good for us to standardize temp, W and TCR for SS. So we can share the optimized settings for all to copy. As we are standardizing anyway, Let's use the correct TCR value. A benefit is that people with other mesh materials can replicate results using the same temp and W. I recommend 0.00088 for SS.

Looking at the difference in settings (see above), it's interesting to see that this device is so effective that it works at a wide range of temperature.

some one
#58 Posted : 5/29/2019 11:44:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I just used the device. I aimed for a small test dose of around 20mg. Used 200c and 35w. Got all in within 10 seconds.

WOW! OMG! So easy. No taste. One hit. So strong for 20mg! Total awe. I'm trashing all my other devices. dmt-nexus, delete all smoking forums, we found the holy grail!

Big grin

Crispycat
#59 Posted : 5/30/2019 12:34:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
So, I just used the device. I aimed for a small test dose of around 20mg. Used 200c and 35w. Got all in within 10 seconds.

WOW! OMG! So easy. No taste. One hit. So strong for 20mg! Total awe. I'm trashing all my other devices. dmt-nexus, delete all smoking forums, we found the holy grail!

Big grin
(^ im just quoting this so people read it twice cause its important Thumbs up )

Quote:
Crispycat, how many W max are you using?

ive been playing with it "unloaded" to see at what point my mesh glows red for the pree heat as propello suggests:
Propello wrote:
As a thumb rule I adjust the mod's temp settings( C and or TCR ) until the mesh glows a little bit when holding the fire button.
The faint glow should pulse on and off if the TC works properly. That is the optimal setting in my opinion.

doing this has left me with a similar 215c at 35w ,at which a 5mg testload evaporated instantlyThumbs up
Never trust a hyperfart!

Aum_Shanti
#60 Posted : 5/30/2019 8:05:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:

Happy to hear, although maybe a bit overstated, as other teks surely still have some advantages, like easier handling.
But it would be interesting what other devices you have to compare with. And what you like better/worse with them.

Funnily in the thread, where I first reported this idea (Link), and then shortly later my success with this tek (Link), you didn't seem to take any notice, and basically completely ignored it. Big grin
Seems to have needed almost a year...Very happy
As said, I just thought people are either not interested in it, or it doesn't work properly for others.

From my experience DMT is a bit special compared to most other substances, in that it really likes to be instantly heated. The worst you can do with DMT is to slowly heat it to evaporation. That's one of the reasons I liked this "direct e-mesh vaping" tek, for as it has only an extremely small thermal mass, heat up and cool down times are extremely fast.

Lol, but I have to admit, I originally discovered this tek to be able to vape A-PVP properly (and up to insanely high dosages), which is also quite critical to be able to vape it properly without burning any. But then discovered quickly, that it works basically for any substance like a charm.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

PREV12345NEXT»