We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Shroom identification Options

NikoR6
#1 Posted : 4/29/2019 2:16:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Can someone tell me the specie of these psylocibin mushrooms
NikoR6 attached the following image(s):
IMG_20190428_205036.jpg (2,641kb) downloaded 123 time(s).
IMG_20190428_204916.jpg (2,686kb) downloaded 119 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 4/29/2019 10:06:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks an awfull lot like cubensis. But the problem is that it's dried and shriveled, and that makes identification harder. It's color has probably changed as well.

MachienDome
#3 Posted : 5/26/2019 12:45:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Translation:
"English is my 3rd language, I have a serious wiping problem and I used a translator and I bought some shrooms from some shady guy are these legit?"
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 5/26/2019 11:11:16 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Had to hide in the bathroom to safely photograph the shrooms. Set and setting probably not ideal.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

NikoR6
#5 Posted : 5/26/2019 11:16:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Lmfao wasnt hiding at all just didnt want to do this in front of people who wouldve ask questions because it's none of their business

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 5/26/2019 11:44:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sorry, but how does that differ from hiding?

Your need for security is, of course, highly important. How does that weigh up against the apparent lack of privacy in what can only be presumed to be your accomadation?

What are your feelings about having to share that space with "people who wouldve ask questions because it's none of their business"?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

NikoR6
#7 Posted : 5/27/2019 12:04:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

You're right, but it is not because I consume shrooms that I have to tell everyone I hang with that I do. And yes I was hiding it but, is taking a picture of it linked to set and setting?

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 5/27/2019 1:14:35 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

True, you don't have to tell them. But in order to have privacy for a moment you need to lock yourself in the bathroom? It does make some of us wonder if you're in the best situation, you see.

Back to the shrooms in question, what were you told they might be? Did you see the specimens before they were dried? Were they collected from a natural location? Were you able to take a spore print? Do you have access to a microscope?

Have you tried them yet? Dried Psilocybe cubensis needs to be kept in a bone-dry, oxygen-free container in the freezer if stored for any length of time, otherwise it tends to lose potency pretty quickly.

NikoR6
#9 Posted : 5/27/2019 1:19:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have collected it close to a farm during the night and let them grow for about 2 weeks with good hygien condition

NikoR6
#10 Posted : 5/27/2019 1:20:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

A friend and myself tried it and the quality was great we did a low dose and it felt like an high dose but it is possible that were both not really resistant

lsrvnt
#11 Posted : 5/27/2019 9:20:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MachienDome wrote:
Translation:
"English is my 3rd language, I have a serious wiping problem and I used a translator and I bought some shrooms from some shady guy are these legit?"

yo for real I don't think he's gonna hear what your saying that way. however I really think that its a bit silly to take mushrooms you haven't identified before or properly. I would take an expert out with you or start getting into mycology if your really down with the process.

my friends dad went out with like 20 kids in his band and they split into two groups to go find shrooms in the forest. half of them found real psilocybin mushrooms the other found very similar looking poisonous mushrooms. hours later, half were loaded and half were dying. Not a good way to go.

just be really careful and if you gotta wait a few years to get ur own place or wait till you can be in nature with some good pals. You just want to be very careful with these things or any psychedelic because they really are no joke and can turn out amazing or really terrible depending on ur set and setting.

NikoR6
#12 Posted : 5/27/2019 10:47:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

True, it turned purplish with the ehrlich reagent, is there still a possibility for it to contain toxic substances? Also, like you said, when I trip I go in the nature to feel good, thats the best setting for me.

NikoR6
#13 Posted : 5/27/2019 11:01:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

MachienDome wrote:
Translation:

Thank you for helping me, I wasnt at my house and still, its none of your business. Also, thanks for remembering me english isnt my 1st language.

twitchy
#14 Posted : 6/21/2019 9:05:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As far as this guy 'hiding in the bathroom', I saw nothing in the OP that suggested anything of the sort. I've taken alot of photographs in my bathroom, that's where we put our brighter bulbs and the mirror helps with additional lighting. I don't know of too many folks that go about waving their bags of shrooms around to show them to everyone, we've all hid them FFS. After reading through several posts in the welcome area, it seems that sometimes it isn't so 'welcoming' Crying or very sad

Your pic looks an awful lot like a dried cubensis, but there's no way to confirm that from just looking at it, and being dried makes it really hard to ID. While I agree that collecting fungi without identifying them is incredibly dangerous, I think the point could have been conveyed to the OP in more neighborly manner. 'English is my 3rd language' 'Wiping problem' 'shady guy' Geez.

Spore prints are really easy to do and a great way to help identify them, but it takes some experience as 'purplish-black' can be pretty ambiguous to a neophyte. The blue bruising of fresh Psilocybe isn't completely unique to them, but once you carefully and thoroughly confirm the physical characteristics, take a spore print, and confirm the characteristic blue bruising I'd say that would be a pretty good indication that you're on the right track.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.