We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychotria Viridis - Need advice on reduction = Chacruna Options

C0smicHighway
#1 Posted : 5/27/2019 6:11:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Everyone,

I made 255 grams of Chacruna this weekend and am awaiting my MAOIs. I currently have about 1 gallon of the liquid and need to reduce but haven't done it before. I'm assuming I can use low heat for best results but I'm not sure how much I should reduce the liquid and would LOVE to hear from someone to guide in this process.

How much should I reduce the liquid?

I have read that a low dose is 25 grams, a medium dose is 50 gr, and a high dose is anywhere from 75 grams to 85 grams. So, I have approximately 3 high doses, 1/3 gallon each or 10 small doses, 13 oz each. Obviously, that is too much bitter liquid to drink and would like to reduce to the appropriate volume of liquid. Any guidance is most appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and suggestions.

Moderator wrote:
Edited. Please no sourcing discussion. Please read through the rules section of the forum. Thank you

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 5/27/2019 7:26:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can reduce as much as you want. I've never had a brew losing potency because of overexposure to heat or something.

And what type of chacruna is it that you have?
Chacruna from hawai is about twice as strong, normally.

If it's not hawaian, i would just start with 50 grams.
25 grams is realy a small amount.

C0smicHighway
#3 Posted : 5/27/2019 9:23:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Dragonrider, I appreciate your feedback. It's from Ecuador, not Hawaii unfortunately. I think I'll be switching to Mimosa after this. It's just more potent and seems to be easier to work with.

Jagube
#4 Posted : 5/28/2019 1:54:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
You can reduce as much as you want. I've never had a brew losing potency because of overexposure to heat or something.

Overreduction can result in plant matter along with alkaloids falling out of solution and settling as solids at the bottom. Those solids are not nice to drink and of unpredictable potency, but discarding them is wasteful as they may hold a large fraction of the goodies.

I would reduce the leaf to half that v/w-wise, i.e. 255 grams to 127.5 ml. With potent leaves like chaliponga I use a factor of 2, so 255 g would be reduced to 510 ml.

Ferrum
#5 Posted : 5/31/2019 4:18:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If nexus psychotria is used is it safe to assume an even less reduction then jagube?