We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psilocibina extraction doubts Options

Smoker root
#1 Posted : 5/26/2019 2:16:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi I plan on extracting psilocibin from my Magic truffles. I have around 120g of this truffles and have some doubts about the usual alcohol extraction. This is from truffles magic(https://www.trufflemagic.com/blog/simple-method-psilocybin-extraction/)

Let's start with the first, with the truffles dried and powder them(I usually do this drying them with magnesium sulfate and powdering them in a mortar and pestel) Then it should be soaked for 24h in something like everclear.

But here is the problem, which ratio of everclear to shrooms do I use? I thought of using 5ml per Gram. However I want ti know your opinion. Also, could I shorten the procces of extraction by using a soxlet? And if so how would I do that? Do about 6 extractions ir until the liquid becomes clear?

Anyway then it should be filtered using a pollen mask(could I use coffe filter?) And then the shrooms are resoaked for other 24h 1-6 times(if I use a soxlet I could avoid this right?)

Finally the extracts are combined and evaporates yo hace a concentracion of 1-3 g pero 1cc. So for 120g of truffels it would be around 40cc right? There is we're I hace more doubts.

But the most problemátic step in the extraction is the cristalización of psilocibin.

The recepie quotes to acidify the mixture with hydrocloric acid to a pH o 3, so what concentration of acid should I use? I find that pure acid is too much, so how much should I dilute it?

Anyway, then it calls to evaporate the mixture(which is cine) and add a non polar solvent. How much? I think about the same by volume is fine, but not sure. Then the solvent is separated.

Then it says to remove the rest by slowly adding acetone to the extract. What? What rest! I mean if it meant adding it to the non polar solvent extraction, I don't know what they try yo do. And if they mean adding it to the shroom extract then why not do another extraction with non polar solvent? Anyway I think it is there to extract any SIDE products the solvent may carry

Then it tells us to mix and discard the acetone layer, do this three times and leave the Sludge cristalise. Could this be made in a separatory funnel? If it says it is sticky it might not be possible, but it might be.

Thank you very much, hope you can answer my doubts.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.