We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychedelics and edibles. Options

dragonrider
#1 Posted : 5/21/2019 12:16:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Combining cannabis with classic psychedelics seems to be a controversial topic. Many consider the outcome to be somewhat unpredictable. The effects of both the psychedelic as well as the cannabis are being amplified quite powerfully.

People experience being overpowered by it, paranoia and a confused state of mind.

All these concerns are justified. You have to be carefull when you combine cannabis with psychedelics. Especially when your tolerance for cannabis is low.

I personally realy enjoy this combination though. Especially the combination of classic hallucinogens, and edibles. I find that if i take too much, the sedative effects of cannabis become too strong. But with smaller amounts, less than half a gram of weed or hash, the addition of cannabis works out realy well.

With LSD in particular, the effects are truly magical, imho, even for the experienced psychonaut.

-Colors are being enhanced. The moment the cannabis kicks in, you see the colors of your visuals becoming much more radiant and saturated. They also get more dynamic. Everything starts to move more smoothly. Everything starts flowing and pulsating and becoming much mkre energetic.
-Aural hallucinations become more intense. Music and sounds become more enjoyable. Psychedelics that are normally pretty flat from an aural point of view, suddenly get an aural dimension to them.
-Psychologically, the experience becomes much more immersive. Feelings are amplified even more than they already are.
I find that psychedelics become even more psychedelic. Stranger, deeper, weirder.
-Feelings of nausea, unpleasant bodyload, gastro-related discomfort are absent. Cannabis works great against the side-effects of all the classic hallucinogens.
Not only is cannabis a well known vaso and broncholidator, it is also being prescribed for cancerpatients undergoing chemo, because it works very well against the nauseating and appetite-suppressing effects of chemo.

I have experienced amazing things when i combined shrooms or LSD with oral cannabis. Even with pretty moderate doses of both, i have seen things that i could not possibly even begin to describe. I've seen creatures coming in and out of my walls, while my bedroom changed into a swirling galaxy. I witnessed my room becoming a giant machine. I've had OBE's with it as well.

Maybe this is not for people who aren't very experienced with psychedelics. Maybe it is also not ideal for social settings, though i have done it once and had a realy good time.

But anyway, some people warn about it because they've had bad experiences with it, but i think the combination of edibles and psychedelics is realy worth trying.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Th Entity
#2 Posted : 5/21/2019 1:27:28 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

It can be too intense for some people!
Smoking: THCa + Heat(Smoking) = THC
Edibles: THCa + Heat(Decarboxylation) = THC -> taken orally, metabolized in the body to 11-Hydroxy-THC (Few times more potent than THC)

Some daily cannabis smokers cant handle edibles, they can be seriously psychedelic to the newbie.
You must be very experienced both in psychedelics and cannabis edibles to try this combo.
Cannabis also has great bouquet of terpenes, which give its anti nausea effects, amongst others.

Be carefull with this combo! super strong Laughing

Wolfnippletip
#3 Posted : 5/21/2019 2:18:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My one experience smoking cannabis soon after an LSD peak was startling and left me skittish of ever doing it again. The effect was the equivalent of a "Re-Peak" on the LSD even though the high was very different. For me the issue was the unexpected magnitude of the synergy of the combination. There I was, on the far side of a challenging but very good LSD experience thinking I was going to cross over into a nice relaxing weed buzz as the LSD trailed off and a few tokes later WHAM! I'm trippinbawlz again. I simply wasn't prepared for it.

If I'd known about that synergy beforehand I might have chosen differently or been braced for the effects and enjoyed it more.

My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 5/21/2019 3:51:39 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

My report entitled "You only really ever need one ticket for the Muppet show" details an experience combining a cannabis edible with an LSD analogue; the visuals were stunning but were somewhat overshadowed by postural hypertension leading me to faint and bang my head on a table. The experience of repairing my injured head, on an energetic level, was very useful and interesting, however.

Over the years/decades, it's always been a special moment when, after finally getting round to take acid, the time comes to hit that pipe and watch the walls melt.

Lately, I've taken to simply adding low-THC hemp leaf to my morning muesli (no lysergamides for breakfast on a weekday, though!) It turns out this has, apparently, greatly contributed to healing a long-standing autoimmune condition. Learning the nature of the plant spirit and adjusting the dose - so I don't fall asleep by lunchtime - has been key.

It's all a matter of technique Thumbs up

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Grey Fox
#5 Posted : 5/21/2019 6:17:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure about edibles, but smoked cannabis is nice because you have a lot of control over how high you want to get in terms of how many puffs you take, with the effects being felt immediately.

There are times when you trip and you wish that the intensity/dose had been higher, and smoking cannabis will often get you there. Its nice to have a joint rolled in advance or a bowl packed in advance, and then you can hit it as needed during the trip.

My preference is to feel the effects of the psychedelic on its own, and then to hit the cannabis after the psychedelic has peaked. Its especially nice to hit the cannabis on the plateau that you get to right after coming off of the peak. That way you feel the full power of the psychedelic on its own, and then you can "re-boost" the experience with the cannabis.

The cannabis adds a feeling of greater intensity, and it also kicks the visuals up to another level.

Most of my experience with cannabis and psychedelics is with mushrooms and with cactus. The synnergy with the cactus is much better to me. The mushrooms have an element of mental fogginess and confusion on their own. Cannabis can make things even foggier and more confusing. But with cactus the cannabis synnergizes so nicely. It adds a big boost to the visuals and it doesnt add confusion to the experience the way it does with mushrooms. Its a great combo.

Also, another plus is that in the days and weeks after a trip in which you've smoked cannabis, when you smoke cannabis again post-trip some of the visual field and mood of the trip comes back in mild form with the cannabis on its own.

But those without much experience should be cautious, because the amped up intensity during the trip can feel overwhelming. There have been times when I've had a joint ready, but did not use it because the trip was powerful enough on its own. Be cautious and use your best judgement.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

FranLover
#6 Posted : 5/21/2019 7:34:55 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

I have a great time with full dose edibles + 1g or 0.75 of shrooms, or 2 cups of aya. Just to lay down and feel all those waves, probably wont be back up and running for some hours. There is a gentlness to edibles that is great for 3rd eye activation...add a bit of psilo or aya and it takes new dimension...I like to do these things entering the hypnagogic state, paying attention to that shift, so that I can see visions
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Nydex
#7 Posted : 5/22/2019 8:48:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah, yes, I've had only one significant experience of LSD + smoked cannabis. I agree with everything, especially the auditory aspect of that combo. To quote my trip report:
Quote:
My hearing was amplified to a state I deemed impossible until now. Numerous times I passed through some spider webs, and I could clearly hear the web threads breaking and snapping as I was passing through them. Microscopic flies were flying all around me in the forests, and when they got a bit closer I could clearly hear their buzzing - something that I had never heard before. It was like I had superhuman hearing for some time.

I was recently thinking of combining LSD, freebase harmalas and edibles, but I know this will be a wild, wild ride. Not sure if I have the balls to do that yet. And if I manage to get the balls to do that, I need to pick the set&setting very carefully. Don't wanna play around with that for sure.

Peace! Thumbs up
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

universecannon
#8 Posted : 5/22/2019 9:26:07 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I've found time and time again among myself and others that cannabis on the comeup can be risky and lead to a lot of delusions, paranoia or even full blown freak outs for some people; especially those with no tolerance who are already prone to the psychedelic effects of cannabis to begin with.

(although for ayahuasca I don't have any issues and it helps with the nausea)

But anyways, when done carefully near the peak it can obviously catapult the experience into a whole other level. For some it just takes great care.

Recently I've realized that edibles on the comedown of lsd is absolutely delightful and smooth

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Psilosopher?
#9 Posted : 5/23/2019 9:24:19 AM

Don't Panic

Cannabis with shrooms or LSD can be quite profound.

However, cannabis with freebase DMT is a waste of both cannabis and DMT. In my experience, they are both fighting for my attention. Cannabis is trying to ground me, DMT is trying to ascend me. This leads to very confusing and lacklustre experiences. Most of the time with DMT, i come out of it with a heightened perspective. With cannabis and DMT, i just say "what the hell was that?" and not in a good way.

I think the use of cannabis with any smokable form of DMT is counter-intuitive to the whole point of taking DMT in the first place.

One time, i was slightly high before smoking DMT. An entity warned me about the cannabis spirit, saying that it's very friendly but will often encourage you to do unproductive things. It's like that friend most of us have had that limits our potential. They may be a real nice person and a good friend, but they are too wrapped up in mindless pursuits, which result in personal growth stagnation. The entity didn't say that cannabis was evil, but to be wary of it. It is that over enthusiastic friend that will say "Yeah!" to everything you say. You wanna sit on your arse and watch TV? Yeah! You wanna paint or draw something creative? Yeah! You wanna go for a hike and get some fresh air? Yeah!

That trip was very informative. You don't need to be baked most of the time. Use it as primarily as a tool, and secondarily for enjoyment.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

dragonrider
#10 Posted : 5/24/2019 10:24:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psilosopher? wrote:
Cannabis with shrooms or LSD can be quite profound.

However, cannabis with freebase DMT is a waste of both cannabis and DMT. In my experience, they are both fighting for my attention. Cannabis is trying to ground me, DMT is trying to ascend me. This leads to very confusing and lacklustre experiences. Most of the time with DMT, i come out of it with a heightened perspective. With cannabis and DMT, i just say "what the hell was that?" and not in a good way.

I think the use of cannabis with any smokable form of DMT is counter-intuitive to the whole point of taking DMT in the first place.

One time, i was slightly high before smoking DMT. An entity warned me about the cannabis spirit, saying that it's very friendly but will often encourage you to do unproductive things. It's like that friend most of us have had that limits our potential. They may be a real nice person and a good friend, but they are too wrapped up in mindless pursuits, which result in personal growth stagnation. The entity didn't say that cannabis was evil, but to be wary of it. It is that over enthusiastic friend that will say "Yeah!" to everything you say. You wanna sit on your arse and watch TV? Yeah! You wanna paint or draw something creative? Yeah! You wanna go for a hike and get some fresh air? Yeah!

That trip was very informative. You don't need to be baked most of the time. Use it as primarily as a tool, and secondarily for enjoyment.

I totally know what you mean with those "mindless pursuits".

It is a real danger with cannabis. The best way to avoid that is to realy treat it as something special.

Cannabis can be a sedative or a psychedelic. Or both. But it's true value (apart from it's medicinal properties ofcourse), only comes to light when it's treated as a psychedelic.
Not something that you do everyday, or even every week.

Safe it for special occasions.

dragonrider
#11 Posted : 5/24/2019 10:34:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Grey Fox wrote:
I'm not sure about edibles, but smoked cannabis is nice because you have a lot of control over how high you want to get in terms of how many puffs you take, with the effects being felt immediately.

There are times when you trip and you wish that the intensity/dose had been higher, and smoking cannabis will often get you there. Its nice to have a joint rolled in advance or a bowl packed in advance, and then you can hit it as needed during the trip.

My preference is to feel the effects of the psychedelic on its own, and then to hit the cannabis after the psychedelic has peaked. Its especially nice to hit the cannabis on the plateau that you get to right after coming off of the peak. That way you feel the full power of the psychedelic on its own, and then you can "re-boost" the experience with the cannabis.

The cannabis adds a feeling of greater intensity, and it also kicks the visuals up to another level.

Most of my experience with cannabis and psychedelics is with mushrooms and with cactus. The synnergy with the cactus is much better to me. The mushrooms have an element of mental fogginess and confusion on their own. Cannabis can make things even foggier and more confusing. But with cactus the cannabis synnergizes so nicely. It adds a big boost to the visuals and it doesnt add confusion to the experience the way it does with mushrooms. Its a great combo.

Also, another plus is that in the days and weeks after a trip in which you've smoked cannabis, when you smoke cannabis again post-trip some of the visual field and mood of the trip comes back in mild form with the cannabis on its own.

But those without much experience should be cautious, because the amped up intensity during the trip can feel overwhelming. There have been times when I've had a joint ready, but did not use it because the trip was powerful enough on its own. Be cautious and use your best judgement.

I've never done it with mescaline, but i can imagine it would indeed work very well with it.

It's synergizes better with LSD than with shrooms, and i think that has to do with the dopaminergic, stimulant-side of acid.

With shrooms it can already be a truly magical experience. But wity LSD it is realy perfect. And mescaline has that same stimulant side to it, so i suppose it would have an equal effect.

Espurrr
#12 Posted : 3/3/2021 12:34:28 PM

Ive heard it takes about 3500mg of edible thc to saturate the average endocannabinoid system

One time after pouring coconut oil on something like 4-6g of bho and decarbing it i ate the whole thing and at 3 hours or so i was just breathing and this flame far into my vision with closed eyes was breathing in sync
After maybe an hour or two of that i was launched into a 28 hour state of not being aware of my body (yet i went to the bathroom and came back to lie down and i dont remember that, also profound laughter etc)
But what i was going through was this extended memory of everything in time which had personal content to me but was not limited to that sincd it felt like i could go furthur and approach something on the other side

This feeling of running out of fuel and coming down was very gradual with this and even for a week or two i felt very vibrant and fresh

Its possible that fasting and being in a state of ketosis while taking a saturating dose of THC + any others like cbd cbg cbn ... and terps with quality hemp oil or take it in capsuls and drink warm hemp milk on top for raw omega3s amino acids and alot of magnesium phosphorus (possibly having green smoothie shakes before this for the potassium etc and slow hydration) it really creates an amazing volume of blood flow which us oxygenated and nutrient rich into your brain and spine and its possible a technique similar to this was practiced by hassan sabbah and the hashashin in the plains below alam kuh
Although many cultures seem have something similar to this

Exitwound
#13 Posted : 3/3/2021 1:18:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Espurrr wrote:
something like 4-6g of bho and decarbing it i ate the whole thing

Madness!!! Big grin