We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First couple DMT trip reports on 5-10mg. I seem to have low tolerance. Options

5tarDust
#1 Posted : 5/18/2019 9:51:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone! this is my first post and trip report on DMT. It's a pleasure to be part of this community.

History:
I've done LSD a handful of times and have dosed mushrooms maybe 20-30 times.(mainly low 1-3 gram doses) I've also done some LSA extractions and Cubensis cultivation.
I haven't done any psychoactives in the past ten years. I just felt like I got my fill on them years back. Aside from that I am a heavy cannabis user and I do consume a small amount of alcohol a few times a week.
Recently I've felt strangely drawn to try DMT, so I did an STB extraction on 100G of MHRB.

Theory behind my low tolerance:
I have mild hypertension that I take a Beta-blocker called Atenelol for. Some studies noted that a Beta-blocker(not Atenelol, but one that has the same mode of action) increased the potency of DMT by 2-3 fold. This was thought to be due to suppression of a receptor that breaks down DMT more rapidly by the Bet-blocker. The Beta-blocker inhibits this receptors ability to break DMT down, thus increases the effects of it.
I'm probably about to get a lot of flack for taking DMT with hypertension, but it is very mild and only present when I am having high anxiety. It's totally controlled with the lowest dose beta blocker.

Another theory is that my tolerance is normal and I'm just not used to DMT's strong effects. Read below and let me know what you think, please.

First experience:
It was late at night after I finishing my second pull. I had some gunk left inside the glass naptha vessel that I couldn't scrape out, so I used a small piece of cannabis to scrub the gunk out of the pan. I estimated the weight to be under 5mg and didn't expect any effect. Thinking "what the hell, why not?", I loaded the bud in between two layers of cannabis and smoked it out of my water bong. I felt nothing with the first hit. Based on that I took a larger second hit and I noticed the lip numbing taste. I felt something but assumed it was a placebo, so I backed that up with a third, larger hit and I made sure to hold it for as long as possible.
This time I definitely felt something. The room began to look distorted and the familiar effects of an LSD trip starting to come on were immediately noticed. I got that funny roller coaster feeling in my stomach. At this point I kind of panicked and blew it out, because I had been standing up(big mistake, but I thought it wasn't enough to do anything)...I immediately sat down and closed my eyes.
I had some very mild visuals that mainly consisted of the usual light patterns present when you close your eyes in a lit room to move with a sort of pattern. Alternating between a wave effects and machine like lines being drawn(hard to describe and again very dark and mild) I also noticed a general altered perception of space and time when I opened my eyes.
I looked at the clock and only a few minutes had passed, but it seemed more like it had been 20-30 minutes. I still had a lingering body load that lasted maybe another five minutes.

Second Experience:
My mg scale arrived in the mail and I decided to weigh a small sample dose of a white powder portion of what I extracted. This was still essentially left over scrapings and it weighed out to about 7-8 milligrams. I loaded that into my Sai electronic dry hash oil atomizer and used some recommended settings I found. I put some music on youtube, turned out the light and sat in front of my computer screen. I meditated for maybe thirty seconds or so just to mentally prepare, then I preheated the atomizer and began to inhale. Total inhalation time was about 20 seconds until I was confident it had all been vaporized. After that I didn't count. I probably only held it in for less than five seconds after that, because...
I really didn't expect the effect from such a small amount to be so intense! I read that 5-10mg of DMT = the effect of about 2 grams of shrooms. Well to me, I was feeling like I took about 4+ grams at that point, but I continued to hold it in...
Until I heard the carrier tone! From what I've read that ringing sound is a sign you're about to go to DMT land, so I totally panicked and blew it out immediately because I was just experimenting with a "starter dose" and I didn't have anyone with me in case I went unconscious.
So, as I blew out the smoke, my youtube screen(the album cover from Tools 10,000 days if you are familiar) began to breathe and morph into fractals.
At that point I closed my eyes and was immediately confronted by a green-blue geometric shape. It was an orb with tiny spikes all over it that moved along with the sound waves from the music. It began to change shape slightly a tiny, extremely bright ball of light emanated from the top of it and dropped down. As it moved, it traced a bright red line behind it. It moved across the top of the shape and then straight down. Somehow I could tell that this light was "part" of the blue-green orb. I also "felt" the light, emotionally, somehow.

The fact that I was having such an experience from such a tiny amount was blowing my mind at this point. I opened my eyes and closed them again and this time I saw a tiny mound of thousands of eyes. It was just like a pile of small, blinking insect eyes. It didn't scare me, but I noticed at this point that my heart was pounding and I was kind of starting to freak out about that, so I opened my eyes. As I looked around the room, the effect began to fade, I calmed down and my heart rate went back down.
From this point on I mainly kept my eyes open and didn't experience much more in the way of visuals. Just a body load and an altered perception of time and space. I got a few "freeze frame" effects like I would get on a low dose of LSD, where things in the room seemed to jump around as I turned my head.
For the next 10-20 minutes I was shivering like I was freezing cold. This is in spite of the fact I was in my garage and the temp was 80+ Fahrenheit. It was a very bizarre sensation that I've never experience before.

Closing:
That's it so far! I have another 7 grams loaded into my atomizer, but haven't worked up the courage to do it again. I plan on firing it up sometime this weekend. I will report back. I want to experiment with that dose a few more times to be safe. This is much more intense than I thought it would be and while I am still very eager to explore hyperspace, I'm also very fearful! I thought that based on my past experiences, a sub 10mg dose should be a walk in the park. I was wrong.

Has anyone else just "microdosed" and explored the 5-15mg space for a while? I feel like I could get a lot out of even that, with less risk of a "bad" trip. The second experience was strangely therapeutic. I normally get physical anxiety symptoms in the morning before work, but I didn't the following few mornings.

Anyways thanks for reading. I'm very open to any critique in my writings. This is my first ever trip report in almost 20 years worth of using psychedelics. I'm an OG erowid lurker.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

5tarDust
#2 Posted : 5/18/2019 11:02:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to expand more on the orb I saw, since it seemed to be the most significant part of the second experience. I'm going to post details on all my subsequent trips on here to make them easier to remember and integrate later.

I'm not sure the significance of the orb, but it did seem to be interacting with me and the white light it emitted seemed like it was...rearranging something within me? It's hard to say, but it was doing something to me. It's almost like it was preparing me for the experience and I interrupted it by opening my eyes.

It's impossible to describe with total accuracy, but the colors looked kind of like this:

but it had spikes like this:

The intense dot of light it emitted was similar to the white light in the top left portion of the spike image.
The spikes seemed to flow as if the orb were made of oil and it was inside of water. It had a liquid type of flow movement to it.

Has anyone seen something like this on a sub 10mg dose? It was extremely and impossibly detailed. Reminded me of somethings on par with what I'd see on 4+ grams shroom trips.

aw8ke
#3 Posted : 5/19/2019 12:16:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

5tarDust wrote:
I want to expand more on the orb I saw, since it seemed to be the most significant part of the second experience. I'm going to post details on all my subsequent trips on here to make them easier to remember and integrate later.

I'm not sure the significance of the orb, but it did seem to be interacting with me and the white light it emitted seemed like it was...rearranging something within me? It's hard to say, but it was doing something to me. It's almost like it was preparing me for the experience and I interrupted it by opening my eyes.

It's impossible to describe with total accuracy, but the colors looked kind of like this:

but it had spikes like this:

The intense dot of light it emitted was similar to the white light in the top left portion of the spike image.
The spikes seemed to flow as if the orb were made of oil and it was inside of water. It had a liquid type of flow movement to it.

Has anyone seen something like this on a sub 10mg dose? It was extremely and impossibly detailed. Reminded me of somethings on par with what I'd see on 4+ grams shroom trips.

Yes i have had similar experiences.. I've had over 30 journeys and every time since after the 1st time i have been always extremely nervous. That's experience you detailed over the orb of energy fixing something in you has indeed happen to me various times.. I took a break 4 months or so before i decided to go back and i took a low dose for my standards .09 and had a tremendous breakthrough with my Yucan Plus with ceramic coil. needless to say once i went down i had this energy take me through these realms till i was in this particular realm i seem to visit around 40% of my time in these journey's. I had before hand i literally had the vape pen in front of me for over an hour and a half before i realized " it was just my ego holding on and not wanting to let go again" once i realized this i did some breath work opened my eyes and began to pull lay on my back and was off to that realm. once i was there that energy presence began to guide me, it realize i overcame my fear and began to relax and reassure me. i usually when i go down begin a mantra
i was given in prior journey which helps me unlock a realm that i can explore and ask questions and get answers that i cant transcribe yet or may never in this form..

i will tell you keep going..

i never raved, danced electronic music or did yoga before hand, and my arms will just flow with the energy as it does what it does. which i find fascinating also i will begin to make tones in a key and a loop which is extremely amazing to me..

these were all experiences i got after 5 or so journey's

blessings...

lethargicsuperhero
#4 Posted : 5/19/2019 2:03:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm also extremely sensitive to DMT. I totally understand your concerns about taking too much early on in your experiences. Changa or enhanced leaf is the way to go. It is much easier to control how much you are taking that way.

What I do is drink Sirian Rue tea about 30 min before I want to smoke. Then when I'm ready I will weigh out 25mg of enhanced leaf and smoke it in my bong. This will just give me a bit of a body feel and get use to my vibration being up so high. Then when that has work off I will take a 35mg hit next. This will give me full visuals and communication with other beings. I'll continue taking 35mg hits after the last one has work off until I feel like I've had enough. This can range from one to 5 more hits, depending on what happens and how I feel.

I've smoked with others and I am definitely a lot more sensitive that everyone I've smoked with. This is definitely not to do with body size. The reason I believe this to be so is because I use to work as a channeler and a healer. I was channeling a ton of different entities during that time and would channel many times every day. I did that for a couple of years and was preyyt much my life. I trained myself how to go into a trace state without any substances or other aids. Through doing that work I also trained myself to become far more telepathic. So I had already developed channels for energy and communication before I started smoking the spice. Usually when the visuals have worn off and I'm past the peak I will go into telepathic communications with beings for quite a while afterwards. The Sirian Rue definitely helps with that because, as anyone who has smoked with an MAOI will know, there is that after glow that can last for quite a while. I've tried smoking without an MAOI and the come up is way to quick for me. I feel DMT in my body a lot, even on the small amounts I take.

My advice to you or anyone else who is new to taking DMT would be this...take your time with it. There is a lot of people who are new to it and already believe that breaking through is the ultimate experience they should be aiming for. For some people that may be true, but it's not true for everyone. One thing I think everyone can agree upon is that the peoples experience when smoking DMT are very, very different. Even reading a trip report will not reveal that because let alone that fact that it is extremely difficult to describe the visuals, describing the body experience you get is almost impossible (at least for me anyway). So don't worry to much about breaking through. Try low amounts first and get to know what the experience is like and what can be achieved at that level. If you want to go further, do that and then gradually work towards breaking through.

Btw the enhanced leaf I make is 0.25g spice mixed into 0.75g herbs.

5tarDust
#5 Posted : 5/19/2019 2:17:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright I just dosed another 7 or so mg inside of my electronic atomizer about an hour ago.
The effects were closer to when I smoked the bud that I used to scrub the extraction pan out with the first time: minimal. Very mild closed eye visuals and a body high, kind of like a rollercoaster/pins and needles feeling for 5-10 minutes.
This time around, I didn't fire the atomizer for quite so long and it didn't all burn. After the visuals wore off, I took another hit that kicked them back in. Once those wore off, I took yet another hit, which seemed to prolong the body buzz.
Again, I would describe the visuals as that light noise you see when you close your eyes in a lit room...only it was all swirling and pulsating into liquid like patterns.

One thing I noticed, that I forgot from the last trip, is the amplified effects from holding your breath whenever you exhale. It seems like the heart palpitations and the feeling of "I can't breathe/need to catch my breath" are the first thing you notice when exhaling the hit and the first part of the trip seems to play off of that feeling, which kind of sucks. Any advice in that department? Once I catch my breath and my heart quits pounding everything seems to mellow out and the panic feeling goes away. Problem is that the last time, that few seconds seemed to last an eternity because my time perception was off. I almost freaked out last time due to that, but managed to maintain.

I think a couple of factors played into the less intense experience this time. One would be that I didn't burn all of the DMT in one hit. A second factor is that it was 1-2 mg less this time. I think a third factor may be that I haven't smoked any cannabis today, and last time I smoked the DMT right after smoking a cannabis dab. I think it definitely amplified the effects.

Based on the fact that it didn't all burn on the first hit and it was only 7mg, I might try 5mg in my dab rig next to see how it compares. I will report back.

Pandelume
#6 Posted : 5/19/2019 4:31:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh WTF, for a couple reasons.

1. I had no idea beta blockers had anything to do with DMT. I take a beta blocker, 50 mg metoprolol, for a congenital heart condition, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. I am also a lightweight with DMT, massively breaking through with 27 mg. If this is true, people with trouble breaking through should just take a beta blocker! I am skeptical though. I don't notice that my trips last any longer than what is commonly reported. Also, I don't think I'm tripping 2-3x as hard. I don't quite breakthrough with 18 mg. edit: so I'm reading that Rick Strassman said it amplifies the trip 2-3 fold. Holy shit. Maybe i should drop my dose Very happy. I do always lose the ability to think with words or do much more than be aware, often barely remember anything, and think everyone else's DMT trips are so sensical that they must have simply made them up.

2. I see that orb every time!! Except of course with more detail than anything this side of the universe and 10 dimensional. There are entities in that orb. That is the entry to hyperspace. I see that orb/am in that orb when my "ego gets dissolved" or, my theory, when my brain gets scrambled and shuts down, and all thats left is the part of my consciousness that is independent of my brain.

5tarDust
#7 Posted : 5/19/2019 6:08:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

aw8ke wrote:

i will tell you keep going..

i never raved, danced electronic music or did yoga before hand, and my arms will just flow with the energy as it does what it does. which i find fascinating also i will begin to make tones in a key and a loop which is extremely amazing to me..

these were all experiences i got after 5 or so journey's

blessings...

Thank you! That helped me work up the courage to vaporize that little bit last night.

lethargicsuperhero wrote:
The reason I believe this to be so is because I use to work as a channeler and a healer. I was channeling a ton of different entities during that time and would channel many times every day. I did that for a couple of years and was preyyt much my life. I trained myself how to go into a trace state without any substances or other aids. Through doing that work I also trained myself to become far more telepathic. So I had already developed channels for energy and communication before I started smoking the spice. Usually when the visuals have worn off and I'm past the peak I will go into telepathic communications with beings for quite a while afterwards. The Sirian Rue definitely helps with that because, as anyone who has smoked with an MAOI will know, there is that after glow that can last for quite a while. I've tried smoking without an MAOI and the come up is way to quick for me. I feel DMT in my body a lot, even on the small amounts I take.

My advice to you or anyone else who is new to taking DMT would be this...take your time with it. There is a lot of people who are new to it and already believe that breaking through is the ultimate experience they should be aiming for. For some people that may be true, but it's not true for everyone. One thing I think everyone can agree upon is that the peoples experience when smoking DMT are very, very different. Even reading a trip report will not reveal that because let alone that fact that it is extremely difficult to describe the visuals, describing the body experience you get is almost impossible (at least for me anyway). So don't worry to much about breaking through. Try low amounts first and get to know what the experience is like and what can be achieved at that level. If you want to go further, do that and then gradually work towards breaking through.

Btw the enhanced leaf I make is 0.25g spice mixed into 0.75g herbs.

That's very interesting. I think part of my recent strange draw to DMT is that I've never been very spiritual and I would like to get more in touch with that side.
I really want to try some Syrian Rue and changa, but it will interact with the beta blocker I take.

5tarDust
#8 Posted : 5/19/2019 7:12:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandelume wrote:
Oh WTF, for a couple reasons.

1. I had no idea beta blockers had anything to do with DMT. I take a beta blocker, 50 mg metoprolol, for a congenital heart condition, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. I am also a lightweight with DMT, massively breaking through with 27 mg. If this is true, people with trouble breaking through should just take a beta blocker! I am skeptical though. I don't notice that my trips last any longer than what is commonly reported. Also, I don't think I'm tripping 2-3x as hard. I don't quite breakthrough with 18 mg. edit: so I'm reading that Rick Strassman said it amplifies the trip 2-3 fold. Holy shit. Maybe i should drop my dose Very happy. I do always lose the ability to think with words or do much more than be aware, often barely remember anything, and think everyone else's DMT trips are so sensical that they must have simply made them up.

Yeah, there are a few different sources for info on the interaction. I might make a thread on it, because there's not much discussion out there and the only actual research directly with DMT is with only one drug from that family of drugs. There's also scientific info out there that goes over Beta-blockers and how they bind to the 5HT(1a) receptor.
I stumbled across it when I was researching the safety of me taking DMT. I saw on an Ayahuasca retreat site saying that they won't accept anyone taking certain blood pressure meds. When I dug deeper, I found that the interaction was increased potency of DMT.

Pandelume wrote:

2. I see that orb every time!! Except of course with more detail than anything this side of the universe and 10 dimensional. There are entities in that orb. That is the entry to hyperspace. I see that orb/am in that orb when my "ego gets dissolved" or, my theory, when my brain gets scrambled and shuts down, and all thats left is the part of my consciousness that is independent of my brain.

I was hoping someone with more experience could expand on it! Perhaps the "something" I felt it doing to me, was dissolving my ego. It was very uncomfortable at first, but felt beneficial at the same time. I did panic a bit when I could feel it, which is when I opened my eyes and my heart started racing.

5tarDust
#9 Posted : 5/23/2019 11:33:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fourth Experience:

Last night it was late and I was in a fairly good mood, so I decided to try another 8-10mg from my electronic vaporizer.

I loaded the DMT into the bucket, put on some "Instant Astral Projection Music" on YouTube, and began to meditate. My goal with the meditation was to make the feeling of the DMT running through my body upon hitting it less "panicky".
So, what I did was imagine energy flowing up from my abdomen and then up out of my head until I could really feel it.
With the vaporizer already in my hand, eyes closed, I pushed the button for 8 seconds, pushed it again and began to slowly inhale. I tried to do this with the rhythm of my meditative breathing to trick my mind into not noticing that I am taking a hit of DMT.

After about a 10-15 second draw, I held it for another 10 seconds or so. I began to feel the DMT in my chest, then it ran up into my neck, head, and out to my arms and hands. It felt just like the energy I had imagined while meditating, but much more powerful and supercharged, like an electrically charged feeling. It was very euphoric. When the "energy" reached the top of my head, I felt it flow out of my head and at that point it was like I could see the energy in the form of patterns.
They were green and yellow square-like shapes, but of course they looked beyond 3D.
It's hard to remember, but it seemed like there was a field, or golf course in the background. The whole color scheme and feel had a very golf-like theme to it. It's hard to remember and explain.

Here's where it got bizarre; I kept seeing this duck face pop out of the patterns! Just a still image of a duck from the neck up. There was a rotating square pattern in the forefront that was morphing and it would occasionally morph into the duck face. Then it would change and I would think it was going to morph into something else, but the duck face would pop back out again.
It was silent and still but it's kind of like I got the message "Hey it's me again! You thought it was just patterns, but it was me all along!"

The whole trip had a kind of random wackiness to it. After that the patterns started getting weaker in intensity. At that point I notice my mouth was still hanging wide open from when I exhaled the hit. I had just been sitting there with my mouth hanging open in an upright position like a zombie for 1-2 minutes.(seemed longer, but when I checked the time the whole experience was a total of about 3-5 minutes)

Once I opened my eyes the remaining effects faded very quickly. This experience seemed harder to remember and explain than the last one. It's also hard to say if it was more intense. I feel like it was, but it was close.

The meditation trick worked out great! It turned the sensation of fear/panic to a sensation of pure, electrifying. euphoric energy. Hopefully the same trick will work on subsequent experiences.

I'm still just totally blown away at how intense these experiences have been given such a small amount that I've been taking. Maybe it's my consumption method? I'm pretty much vaporizing 100% of it in one hit. It's extremely efficient. I notice the experiences are very intense, but seem like they are only lasting about 5 minutes until it's almost completely worn off.