CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sadhguru Options
 
Exitwound
#1 Posted : 4/25/2019 7:50:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 294
Joined: 24-Dec-2017
Last visit: 17-Sep-2019
Greetings everyone.

I've come upon Sadhguru's videos on YT recently and watched quite a few of his speeches.
I can say that many things that he say resonate with my own experiences and understandings of spiritual realm.

What's I'd like to know is, fellow nexians' opinions on Sadhguru's credibility.

I've read conflicting reports, which state, that he's just another cash grab guru out there. But at the same time, many people praise him for his teachings and doings.

 

Trippy glass for trippy people.
 
brewster
#2 Posted : 4/25/2019 12:17:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 136
Joined: 02-Feb-2019
Last visit: 17-Sep-2019
I've watched a certain number of his videos. Mostly, they seem to be good and practical content. I also talked to an Indian about him, he mentioned that there are a certain number of controversies, but that he considers Sadhguru as one of the least controversial Indian gurus.

The question also is how you approach this. Do you see him as a teacher, a person who can help you with certain things, while keeping your distance? Or do you see him as a holy man, someone divinely inspired who commands awe and uncritical devotion? The second point seems what quite a few people think, this increases potential for trouble.
 
Psilosopher?
#3 Posted : 4/25/2019 12:22:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 734
Joined: 28-Dec-2014
Last visit: 17-Sep-2019
Location: Everywhen
brewster wrote:
I've watched a certain number of his videos. Mostly, they seem to be good and practical content. I also talked to an Indian about him, he mentioned that there are a certain number of controversies, but that he considers Sadhguru as one of the least controversial Indian gurus.

The question also is how you approach this. Do you see him as a teacher, a person who can help you with certain things, while keeping your distance? Or do you see him as a holy man, someone divinely inspired who commands awe and uncritical devotion? The second point seems what quite a few people think, this increases potential for trouble.


This, 100%.

There are cases of godmen like Nithyananda in India, who have far more grave controversies.
"Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace." - Buddha
 
seagull
#4 Posted : 4/25/2019 1:27:39 PM

Hello world!


Posts: 106
Joined: 20-Jun-2015
Last visit: 16-Aug-2019
There is not much to say about men without actually have been in their presence.
He is a legit teacher and very intellectual but also forms strong opinions. He always masks his intent so you dont get hurt.
He does alot of inside jokes, storytelling and makes riddles.

All of it is accesible thru YouTube tho difficult to decipher then.
He also does alot of good for Earth, Human welfare and India as a whole.
He is not an evil man.
Enjoy his videos they are really good.
You&Iverse
 
FranLover
#5 Posted : 4/25/2019 8:52:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 701
Joined: 24-Sep-2018
Last visit: 18-Sep-2019
Location: The greatest adventure still lays ahead
I mostly like what he has to say and enjoy his personality...but the whole guru thing and the robes and everything...its just so childish to me that i dont entertain it...but i also do not step into dojos or dojangs as I consider them childish and weird. Adults acting like scripted children.
I'm wild again
Beguiled again
A simpering, whimpering child again
Bewitched, bothered and bewildered
am I
 
Exitwound
#6 Posted : 4/27/2019 9:20:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 294
Joined: 24-Dec-2017
Last visit: 17-Sep-2019
brewster wrote:
I've watched a certain number of his videos. Mostly, they seem to be good and practical content. I also talked to an Indian about him, he mentioned that there are a certain number of controversies, but that he considers Sadhguru as one of the least controversial Indian gurus.

The question also is how you approach this. Do you see him as a teacher, a person who can help you with certain things, while keeping your distance? Or do you see him as a holy man, someone divinely inspired who commands awe and uncritical devotion? The second point seems what quite a few people think, this increases potential for trouble.


Thank you. I see him as a teacher of course. Many things that he says about memory, time, space and consciousness resonate with my own thoughts and feelings.

FranLover,
That's what threw me off initially, but after listening to him, I think he's legit.
 
IIYI
#7 Posted : 4/28/2019 4:49:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 196
Joined: 08-Feb-2019
Last visit: 17-Sep-2019
Exitwound wrote:
Greetings everyone.

I've come upon Sadhguru's videos on YT recently and watched quite a few of his speeches.
I can say that many things that he say resonate with my own experiences and understandings of spiritual realm.

What's I'd like to know is, fellow nexians' opinions on Sadhguru's credibility.

I've read conflicting reports, which state, that he's just another cash grab guru out there. But at the same time, many people praise him for his teachings and doings.



I learned about Sadhguru from the post of another user here in dmt-nexus. After watching a few videos in Saduto's in YT, I started to watch many of his stuff. Somehow he resonates in me and he gives me pleasure and I enjoy listening to him. I like him as a person from whom i can learn a lot (some of he words i feel them long before to understand for him or even to hear for enteogens). I like him and since i watch his first video here now I regularly watch his clips in YT. I believe he is a good man.

I've never met him alive in life. So I can not know his real image, but I like what I've hear and felt from his videos.

Although my eyes are confused about him. (but I generally do not believe to my eyes so it's okay)
Phylogeny repeats Ontogeny - IIYI
 
FranLover
#8 Posted : 5/20/2019 8:48:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 701
Joined: 24-Sep-2018
Last visit: 18-Sep-2019
Location: The greatest adventure still lays ahead
I'm wild again
Beguiled again
A simpering, whimpering child again
Bewitched, bothered and bewildered
am I
 
antares
#9 Posted : 5/21/2019 10:12:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 130
Joined: 19-Nov-2017
Last visit: 04-Sep-2019
FranLover wrote:
I mostly like what he has to say and enjoy his personality...but the whole guru thing and the robes and everything...its just so childish to me that i dont entertain it...but i also do not step into dojos or dojangs as I consider them childish and weird. Adults acting like scripted children.


It is perfectly normal if you consider the environment he lives in and local culture there. His attire and assemblies are typical of what every guru that existed the last 1000 years or more in India and surrounding countries had. Every culture has rituals and traditions which are expected to be upheld by the local populace. Otherwise he wouldn't be looked up to as a guru.

 
brewster
#10 Posted : 5/21/2019 11:30:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 136
Joined: 02-Feb-2019
Last visit: 17-Sep-2019
haha - I kid you not - this just came up on my YT feed:


 
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.022 seconds.