We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[experience] You really only ever need one ticket for the Muppet Show [1P-ETH-LAD report] Options

downwardsfromzero
#1 Posted : 3/4/2019 6:56:33 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

"You really only ever need one ticket for the Muppet Show"

Substances:
Cactus tea - multiple small doses from t-24hrs; 125mL being an effective dose
1P-ETH-LAD - 1x100ug; followed by 1x100ug @ t+1hr, approximately
1 hash brownie; 5mL cannabis tincture in 1x125mL glass wine

The scenario was a weekend "retreat" (AKA party) with a group of professionals and myself. While it would be useful to comment on the preceding experience with the cactus tea - delightful as it was - this report is focussed on the following evening where the LSD analogue 1-P-ETH-LAD and to a not a insignificant extent oral cannabis played the major role.

My mood and state of health were excellent.

Although some aspects of the experience could lead one to think that it ought to be filed under the category "Train wrecks", overall (for me at least) the benefits have far outweighed the negatives. Thanks to the carefully chosen positive setting I have been left with a lasting sense of being loved and cared-for, as well as enhanced confidence in my powers of self-healing. (It would nevertheless be useful to hear the view of another person involved who - psychologically - had a more difficult experience.)

Since - at the time of writing this report - the experience occurred more than two weeks ago, details and timings are already becoming somewhat hazy in the memory. In a way, this helps the most important details to shine through so the reader should be spared too much of a wall-of-text.

So, sometime between 6 and 7 pm I ingested a blotter of the aforementioned LSD analogue - my first "ticket to the Muppet Show" - so named because of where for a time they had been placed for safekeeping. IIRC, this was shortly before a sumptuous dinner. By the time we had finished eating, the effects were becoming apparent as I struggled to capture the last of my carrots with a fork. Typically for me and lysergamides, this entailed humour and ridiculousness being cranked up 1000% and more. Wordplay and surreal scenarios become the order of the day.

Things were pretty fluffy, visuals were light and gentle and my overall mood was very buoyant. At this point, a fateful dessert was brought round - as you may guess: the hash brownies. "They're not very strong," said 'B'. Foolishly, I believed him and thus decided, in order to be really sure of the effect, I would take in addition a teaspoon of a herbal cannabis tincture I had with me. Normally, two teaspoons of this tincture produce a nice, strong but manageable effect - so, hey, one teaspoon and a 'weak' hash cake should be fine, right?

Yes, somehow I failed to figure in the fact that I'd been drinking cactus tea for 24 hours as well as having had a tab of research chemical of, for me, uncertain pharmacodynamics. But! That wasn't all - not content with ignoring the rulebook of good harm reduction practice, it was time for me to start using its pages as toilet paper.

At this point, I bring your attention to the title of the report. Maybe you can infer what happened next. Here I will point out the very important harm reduction rule that was broken: "Do not redose while already high." Somehow in my enthusiasm I had forgotten this important maxim and instead thought, "If one tab is this good, another one should be at least twice as good! GIVE ME MORE!"

I was only too happy to oblige myself with a second ticket to the Muppet Show. [This was also the point at which 'R', my unfortunate victim/tripping companion became swept along in my enthusiasm. "You seem to be having a good time, so why not?" - this statement he came at some point to regret, at least for a time.]
[EDIT: 'R' actually thanked me for this the next time I saw him. It turns out this was exactly the kind of reboot he'd been needing at the time Thumbs up ]

Predictably for me, things continued to ramp up. My humorous quips degenerated into insane gibberish and manic laughter. Visuals increased such that it became hard to recognise my surroundings. The music that was playing, while sounding utterly magnificent, started to contribute to my sensory overload. I thought to myself, "This is getting really intense!"

As I stood up from where I was seated the OEV's of tiled rainbow fans swarmed together into an almighty climax. I just had time to mutter to 'P' who stood next to me, "I think I've overloaded my system!" before it became a white-out and I toppled over, striking my head on the edge of a table in the process. In a way this was fortunate as it woke me up enough to prevent myself from striking my head on the far harder tiled floor instead...

I came round promptly, already cradled in the arms of 'E', who, frankly, was an absolute gem in this moment. His calm approach helped prevent inducing a panic reaction which could have been disastrous. "Are you OK? Do you think you bumped your head?" he asked.

I knew I'd managed to avoid hitting my head on the floor so I replied, "I'm OK, I'm just tripping really hard. I don't think I hit my head..."

'E', ever so calmly, continued, "I think you may have hit your head when you fell over. What do you think?"

After continuing this exchange for perhaps a minute or two the preceding moments came back to me and I eventually recalled how I had smacked my head on the table. Quite fortunately a chair had also broken my fall so I must have been aware enough to have notice this before finally coming to a rest on the floor.

Upon acknowledging the situation it was clear to me that I should attend to this potentially serious head injury in some manner, so I asked for someone to bring me some ice and a towel. In my heavily altered state, I could feel the bones on the back of my skull to be splintered like the hull of a fibreglass boat. I started to notice there was indeed pain and swelling at the site of impact.

In reality, given the lack of blood pouring out anywhere, it seems most likely that I had only sustained a slight bump to the rear left of my head. I was completely relaxed as my head struck the table and this helped to prevent a more severe injury. At the time, however, I could feel the splintered plate at the back of my skull and proceeded to coax it gently back together with the improvised ice-pack.

I was visualising how the energy of the impact had dispersed through my skull on a molecular level and the protein matrix of my bone had come apart somewhat like a burst zip-fastener. Working my way in from the edges, I gently eased these molecular structures back together and the energy given off as they returned to their stable crystalline forms was absorbed by the ice. This was clearly some kind of lysergamide-induced bonesetting magic Big grin

At some point 'E' came by and informed me of how much of a hard time 'R' was having. "How long will this last?" he asked me. "I'm holding you personally responsible for him until this wears off." I was aghast. I was in no state to look after anyone except myself, at least until I was sure I hadn't sustained concussion or intracerebral bleeding.

"'R' found it all too intense to deal with and had to take some valium and lie down." The horror multiplied. 'R' had also had a (thankfully small) amount of cactus brew, and a bit of a herbal potion that's good at perking up serotonergic psychedelics. I thought how this could affect the metabolism of something like valium and how what might be a normal dose could become far stronger. How that could lead to medical intervention, ambulance personnel and a host of other terrible worst-case scenarios.

"It'll be eight to twelve hours at the most, but he should be fine within about four hours," I replied. "I'm so, so sorry, I've been a complete idiot!" Other members of the party, such as 'K', continued to look after me with great kindness (thanks, MDMA!) to ensure that I was not encountering any delayed symptoms from the head injury.

At my request, 'E' and I went to see how 'R' was doing. With a small retinue of doting women, he appeared to be absolutely fine albeit thoroughly prostrated; I was nonetheless deeply apologetic and, seeing as we could add very little to the situation, 'E' and I were promptly dispatched from the room.

By this time my head was no longer hurting and there was no bump. Whatever I had been doing with the ice appeared to have done the trick. Someone then mentioned how 'R' and I weren't the only casualties. Several other members of the party had been utterly immobilised by the hash cakes. Slowly it dawned on us that the train wreck was not solely my fault and had in fact been a team effort.

I had merely had a case of cannabis-enhanced postural hypotension and fainted. 'R' probably would have coped with the trip just fine had he not eaten the supposedly weak but in reality fairly incapacitating hash brownie. Thinking about it, they didn't taste that weak when we ate them. We were all old enough and experienced enough to know better but somehow we forgot that we're not bullet-proof. And I still have a dent in my head...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 3/5/2019 7:12:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know how strong 1P-ETH-LAD is, but most people seem to agree that ETH-LAD is way stronger than LSD. Something like 50% stronger, even, so those two blotters alone must have been like 300 microgram of LSD. And cannabis is a huge acid-booster, so....i can see where you went wrong thereLaughing Laughing

In my personal opinion, oral cannabis and acid are absolutely great together. My favorite combo maybe even. But do not underestimate the power of edible cannabis, when you take it with another psychedelic. The classic mistake. "It's just weed"Laughing Laughing Laughing

Camponotus
#3 Posted : 3/6/2019 7:56:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Edible cannabis is great but has the potential to make you freak out totally!
I had cases where I was locked to bed for about 12 hours and things like panic attacks and absolutely overwhelming certainty of dying right now!
ETH-LAD can be a lil harsh too! Great Combo!
A friend of mine made a cake out of 400grams of weed clippings and had eaten it together with only one other guy!
This friend had done some tenstrips and stuff in the past and was always statin that this cake trip was the craziest trip he ever had! Big grin

downwardsfromzero wrote:
I was visualising how the energy of the impact had dispersed through my skull on a molecular level and the protein matrix of my bone had come apart somewhat like a burst zip-fastener. Working my way in from the edges, I gently eased these molecular structures back together and the energy given off as they returned to their stable crystalline forms was absorbed by the ice. This was clearly some kind of lysergamide-induced bonesetting magic Big grin

Thumbs up LMAO I can relate to this super scientific sixth sense third eye shit Big grin (on weed)
It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it. - Alexander Shulgin

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 5/21/2019 3:40:52 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Overall, the experience really made me think about the Bwiti Iboga initiation practice of "breaking open the head", whereby the initiate is struck sharply on the back of the head with a large mallet. The similarity was, uh, striking...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Th Entity
#5 Posted : 5/21/2019 4:48:02 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

HaHaHa Laughing Very happy Great report, be careful, stay safe, enjoy life!

FranLover
#6 Posted : 5/21/2019 5:54:18 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Funny story man Laughing take it easy=)
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.