We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Have I actually broken through? Options

Boiatek
#1 Posted : 5/15/2019 5:40:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been smoking dmt for a couple of months now and while the first experiences were just lasting less than a minute (<30 mg), I've had quite some more interesting ones with higher doses (up to 70 mg). I think I've broken through a couple of times but I'm not sure if that was supposed to just be the tunnel or not so I would like to hear your opinion. So one of them took place outdoors(~60mg). I loaded the pipe and kept smoking and holding hits till no smoke came out. When I was done I was surrounded by geometry and felt like four guys (very friendly indeed) were sitting right next to me then at one point some of them said something that felt right so I said (or thought don't really remember) "you're right dude" .Then turned my head so I was looking in front of me and everything became golden and this little smiling black woman was in front of me kind of hiding a sort of treasure but she wasn't malevolent neither she always had a great smile on her face. Then looked up and could still see the geometry which was very similar to Alex Grey's art and in the meanwhile I felt this tiny little creature doing checks or something on my body (that was neutral). The other experience I was at my best friend's place and rolled up a changa joint. By half of it I felt a little bit of the effects (enhanced colors etc...) then at the end of it I heard a seed of peganum harmala popping in the joint and there it hit me hard. I was looking at a tree and while everything was looking normal that tree started multiplying its branches but in the same area that it occupied before (becoming a sort of ultra dense tree figure). Then I closed my eyes. Saw some red intense visuals and ou of there only two figures appeared: a dragon and a clown. Both angry looking but not necessarily malevolent (I actually like creepy shit). Also my friend told me that for a few I looked like I was basically asleep (supposedly when I closed my eyes).
Now what concerns me is that I am aware in all of my experiences, maybe I'm not on planet earth but I'm aware that I'm tripping and that it is the result of me taking a drug. Also most of the times I trip until my eyes are closed. Then when I open them it's all gone, apart from some colour enhancement and minor visuals. Now the question is : was any of those experiences a break through. I know it's such a noobie dumb question but I'm really wondering. What do you guys think?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jibbs
#2 Posted : 5/15/2019 6:07:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So hard to say. Do you recall seeing a white flash of light that looks similar to when movies use warp drives / light speed in space ships? Do you recall hearing a distinct sound like crinkling cellophane when getting the white flash?

Those are my two indicators to know I broke through.

Boiatek
#3 Posted : 5/15/2019 6:28:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I do not. However I recall some sort of vibrating sound/feeling and a feeling of anxiety building up until it reaches a plateu(my heart feels like it's skipping half of its beats) and then suddenly disappears leaving for a sense of peace and interconnectedness. This when I am prone to the experience and willing to surrender to it. When I don't usually all I get is minor visuals and anxiety that never leaves until the experience has ended.
(Sorry 4 the bad English I'm not native)

FranLover
#4 Posted : 5/16/2019 12:14:23 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

I'd say you have not brokenthrough...you will absolutley know when you have brokenthrough. Breakingthrough is like your trip was like (being around entities, seeing smiling entities, shiny stuff) but potentiated; when it happens you know you brokethrough because no trip had ever taken one that far before...there is a sense of absolute finality and truth; the ultimate conclusion and definitive truth of what it means to be mortal/to be life . I have noticed there are small breakthroughs (1-2min) and big breakthroughs (5-15min.) Almost always the big breakthroughs are consequence of smoking the perfect big amount, least one smoke too much and then there are tough consequences. The small one's can happen just when taking normal tokes out a lil dmt. In any case, if you have not been completley shocked to the point of tears, laughters, insanity, and repeating a thousand times the words It can't be, its impposible like some character monologing at the end of a Lovecraft story...probably not a breakthrough, however impressive the visions.

Btw, this is all from experience and oppinion Razz
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Pandelume
#5 Posted : 5/16/2019 12:16:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm pretty new to DMT too. I finished my first extraction ~2 weeks ago. I've gone through half a gram and have had 8 experiences with high doses.

I'm really confused by a lot of other people's trip reports and the terminology of "the breakthrough". Even my own trips, every single one is so damn different.

Sometimes the DMT is extremely confusing, and I can't remember anything. Sometimes it's terrifying, and I feel like I almost died. Sometimes it's superbly pleasant. Sometimes I get my sense of self dismantled one piece at a time. Next time a beautiful entity will appear and tell me everything is ok. Next time I watch a 5 minute loop of a chair trying to get loose from a piece of gum, and then it's over.

Never does the experience have the continuity or poetic profundity of many of the trip reports I read. I suspect there is a human tendency to fill in the memory gaps and embellish the trip a bit.

But I'm not entirely sure what a breakthrough is. When I smoke, I'm gone. I go to weird, WEIRD places, and my body does not come with me. But I never hear the sound of crumpling cellophane. I never go through any tunnels. I don't feel like I'm underground, or see machine elves, or am told to "look at this!", or any of the other stuff that people say is supposed to happen when you take DMT.

I do know that when I take 3 puffs from my vape device, I lose awareness of my body. When I tried keeping my eyes open after 3 hits, afterwards, I didn't know if I had actually kept them open. As the DMT wears off, I'll slowly become aware of my body again. But it seems so different for everyone, and even so different for me each time I take it, it's really hard to say.

mycowong
#6 Posted : 5/19/2019 3:25:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You never see tunnels or hear the crackling sound because you take 3 hits. So you jumped right into the dimension. The tunnel and the sound are present in lower doses right before the "breakthrough"

Hoobaleenyo
#7 Posted : 5/20/2019 7:26:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:
I'd say you have not brokenthrough...you will absolutley know when you have brokenthrough. Breakingthrough is like your trip was like (being around entities, seeing smiling entities, shiny stuff) but potentiated; when it happens you know you brokethrough because no trip had ever taken one that far before...there is a sense of absolute finality and truth; the ultimate conclusion and definitive truth of what it means to be mortal/to be life . I have noticed there are small breakthroughs (1-2min) and big breakthroughs (5-15min.) Almost always the big breakthroughs are consequence of smoking the perfect big amount, least one smoke too much and then there are tough consequences. The small one's can happen just when taking normal tokes out a lil dmt. In any case, if you have not been completley shocked to the point of tears, laughters, insanity, and repeating a thousand times the words It can't be, its impposible like some character monologing at the end of a Lovecraft story...probably not a breakthrough, however impressive the visions.

Btw, this is all from experience and opinion Razz

Agree with Franlover, when you breakthrough you will know. Myself has found that for some reason it works best alone. Of course being alone is not always good for some, people need others for guidance or help. Most would not recommend doing it alone but if you are close to your true self and know about your shadow, being alone is the truth and way it should be done. Just like finding your true self and shadow, no one just tells you how to do it, it has to be done alone through yourself
Our trueself and the Earth heals,
we keep looking to the sky when it's right under our feet

jibbs
#8 Posted : 5/20/2019 7:22:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

mycowong wrote:
You never see tunnels or hear the crackling sound because you take 3 hits. So you jumped right into the dimension. The tunnel and the sound are present in lower doses right before the "breakthrough"

That has not been my experience. Both of those have always been a present indicator of a breakthrough. It seems kinda odd to me that you would not get that but still breakthrough, but all experiences are different.

dragonrider
#9 Posted : 5/20/2019 7:55:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You have various degrees of breaking through. You can be totally submerged into another reality, but still be aware of the fact that you have taken DMT, and that, in a sense, you are "just dreaming" all of this. You can also reach a point where that awareness seems to be absent.

Sometimes, you need to close your eyes to let go of this reality. Other times, it doesn't matter anymore whether you have opened them or not.

This is, as you might have guessed, dose dependant.

The term "breakthrough" means that there is a total immersion into another reality. If that happens, you will know.

You will not ask yourself whether you have broken through or not. You will ask yourself how all of this is possible instead.

Boiatek
#10 Posted : 5/22/2019 1:42:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
You have various degrees of breaking through. You can be totally submerged into another reality, but still be aware of the fact that you have taken DMT, and that, in a sense, you are "just dreaming" all of this. You can also reach a point where that awareness seems to be absent.

Sometimes, you need to close your eyes to let go of this reality. Other times, it doesn't matter anymore whether you have opened them or not.

This is, as you might have guessed, dose dependant.

The term "breakthrough" means that there is a total immersion into another reality. If that happens, you will know.

You will not ask yourself whether you have broken through or not. You will ask yourself how all of this is possible instead.

This comment of yours made me understand what I was really questioning wasn't weather I broke through or not but how it possibly could've happened to me. I am now pretty confident in saying I've been submerged into another reality completely. I now understand that the doubt in me was being misinterpreted by myself. I have broke through the tunnel, I guess it was just so amazing and immersive my brain couldn't fully understand...
Thanks for the clarification