We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV153154155156157NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

downwardsfromzero
#3081 Posted : 5/8/2019 4:18:57 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Green Walker wrote:
Heyo! So, I've worked with caapi and ACRB many times in the form of ayahuasca, but am new to extractions, and would like to learn more, so aside from all the brilliant information available through the nexus, I wanted to ask -
Is it possible to obtain an active full spectrum extract of A. confusa via making a tincture of it in Everclear, and then evaporating the liquid? I attempted this and was left with a dark red crystalline substance, that when vaporized felt very vaguely tryptamine, but nowhere near other spice. Are there similarly simple methods of extraction such as this, or simply on the same basis with other steps?
Thank youSmile

Sounds like you're trying to smoke a DMT salt, which isn't going to be very successful as you've surely noticed.

To make smokeable - if crude - freebase, add a base (such as sodium carbonate solution) to your extract, allow it to dry out thoroughly, and pull it again. Evaporation of this should yield a smokeable product. Have a read through this.

You might want to consider saving some of your original crystalline extract so that it could be sent for analysis.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#3082 Posted : 5/8/2019 4:22:51 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

suit13 wrote:
Hello guys 1 question:

How can I increase the ph-value from for example 10 to 13 at the beginning of the dmt extraction with NaoH? Adding more NaoH to the water?

Or does it just happen automatically if I put the mimosa root bark into it?

THX!

Adding NaOH raises the pH, mimosa bark lowers it.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

suit13
#3083 Posted : 5/8/2019 6:01:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
suit13 wrote:
Hello guys 1 question:

How can I increase the ph-value from for example 10 to 13 at the beginning of the dmt extraction with NaoH? Adding more NaoH to the water?

Or does it just happen automatically if I put the mimosa root bark into it?

THX!

Adding NaOH raises the pH, mimosa bark lowers it.

Thx! Because in one tek I read that the bark raises the pH. So to get pH of 13-13,5 I just havbe to pull more NaOH to the water or what would be the best?

suit13
#3084 Posted : 5/12/2019 5:58:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Any furthter ideas how to raise the ph value to 13,5 ?

Earth
#3085 Posted : 5/14/2019 11:22:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

..Deleted post, problem is solved :-)

JKW
#3086 Posted : 5/14/2019 11:03:37 PM

Like a stone in the shoe...

How much heptane should be used for re-x of approximate two grams?

Much appreciated!

suit13
#3087 Posted : 5/18/2019 6:50:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

suit13 wrote:

Up Pleased -> only adding more Naoh for that??

downwardsfromzero
#3088 Posted : 5/19/2019 9:40:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

suit13 wrote:
suit13 wrote:

Up Pleased -> only adding more Naoh for that??

Anything that generates a sufficient concentration of OH- ions in the reaction conditions present. Typically, alkali metal carbonates & hydroxides, or alkaline earth metal (magnesium, calcium, strontium, barium [toxic!]) hydroxides are able to do this to a varying extent. The cheapest, most effective and most readily available is sodium hydroxide.

But is it even really necessary to get the pH up to 13,5? I suggest you look into the answer to this question yourself a little more: user AcaciaConfusedYah recently made useful thread on this matter.

enthearch
#3089 Posted : 5/22/2019 1:49:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im doing the recommended manske from Tao of Rue,

Quote:
Step 6 - Manske
Once you have redissolved your alkaloids in a minimal amount of fresh, hot vinegar and then filtered the solution, it's time to perform the manske.

There are three ways you can perform the manske.

The first and the "official" way is:

Recommended

Take a note of how many ml's you have and add 10 grams salt per 100ml solution. Make sure your solution is hot before you add the salt, otherwise the harmalas might fall out too soon. Allow to cool slowly.

However I think I added slightly too much salt and don't think I filtered enough initially. here's an image for reference. IS it good to keep going with the steps?

A white film has formed on top, and a whiteish salt has formed on the bottom.

https://imgur.com/a/kdUK5KG ---- heres a rough image

Thanks

suit13
#3090 Posted : 5/23/2019 6:16:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If I clean the DMD crystals with ammoniak, is it normal and ok that the crystals smell like ammoniak afterwards? Can I smoke them although?

RoundAbout
#3091 Posted : 5/23/2019 8:26:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

suit13 wrote:
If I clean the DMD crystals with ammoniak, is it normal and ok that the crystals smell like ammoniak afterwards? Can I smoke them although?

If they smell like ammonia after being exposed to ammonia that means they're likely contaminated by ammonia... right? I personally wouldn't smoke ammonia.

suit13
#3092 Posted : 5/24/2019 12:55:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

RoundAbout wrote:
suit13 wrote:

If they smell like ammonia after being exposed to ammonia that means they're likely contaminated by ammonia... right? I personally wouldn't smoke ammonia.

So this is not normal? Because in some teks like this here it is advised to clean the crystals with ammonia:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Marsofold's_tek wrote:

Ammonia Washing is a dated procedure and it is strongly advised that this step be omitted

Chill a bottle of NON-SOAPY clear Ammonium Hydroxide(Ace Hardware Janitorial Strength Ammonia) in a refrigerator. Slowly pour 35ml of the cold ammonia over the crystals (still in the filter paper) to wash them.

Remove the filter paper from the funnel, spread it out flat and allow the crystals to COMPLETELY dry out. You will now have 2-1/2 grams of white crystal DMT.

Can anybody confirm that it had to be a mistake if the dry crystals smell like ammonia afterwards? Or is it ok to smoke although? How to prevent crystals from smelling like ammonia after cleaning them with ammonia?

GLTASN
#3093 Posted : 5/24/2019 1:09:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In the FAQ section under 4.20(woohoo) theres a section called: should I wash my spice. it says to not wash with ammonia. sorry someone gave you bad/old info. if it were me I would try a heptane wash and see if it still smells like ammonia. best of luck!
"It may be that my role in the universe is, to question my role in the universe."

suit13
#3094 Posted : 5/28/2019 11:27:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok thank you a lot for this! My english was simply too bad to understand this phrase while reading fast *shameonme Embarrased

BigJungleBuds
#3095 Posted : 6/8/2019 9:20:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can your creating your own threads be for help with extractions too??

magic mike
#3096 Posted : 6/15/2019 5:26:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have a few mg of bufotenine swimming in about 40-50 ml of water with a ton of dissolved sodium carbonate. Any easy way to get bufotenine out without too much loss? I tried filtering last time with coffee filters, but only managed to get about 2mg out, the rest was dissolved on the filters. I'm thinking of trying to filter again, but then washing the filters in a tiny amount of water and evaporating that. Sounds good? Any other ideas to get out as much as I can?

enthearch
#3097 Posted : 6/18/2019 1:49:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi forum,

I’m doing my first extraction from Nen’s simple phyllode Tek.

Problem with my extraction is it is incredibly emulsified. There exist a 1mm clear layer on top (too small to be pulled). A brown layer that takes up ⅗ of the mixture, and ⅖ down the bottom is a darker brown/black. I’m working with about 600ml (300ml naoh’ed acacia stuff and 300ml shellite/naptha) There has not been a defat as per the tek’s instructions (I dried the leaves and twigs, so it shouldn't be a problem, I presume). I have done small agitations and left it for 2-3 weeks, and also added a teaspoon of extra naoh and in another attempt, added a teaspoon of pure salt, with extra agitations but this has only helped maybe 20%. Should I add salty water? Or extra Shellite?

Possible issues:
-I also used a mix of different trees of different acacia species, but this shouldnt be a problem either?
-I shook the mix too hard (i see the brown trapped in lighter brown naptha) (though it did say ‘shake vigorously for several minutes’)
-I waited 2-3 weeks
-using diggers shellite
-I used twigs in addition to phyllodes

I have assembled a number of options for myself from the forums

-‘Add another 50% of however much lye you used originally and agitate the jar gently’
-Add salt/salty water
-Add more Lye/water with lye
-Move mixture to a new container (this is also beneficial as the mixture is being stored in an HDPE container, which I am worried about exposing to heat, so it will allow me to more confidently expose it to a warm water bath)
-Warm water bath
-Place on a washing machine/use a vibrator

Which option/combination of options should I do? And if someone does give a response, could they give amounts that I should add?

Thank you

daytripper1995
#3098 Posted : 6/19/2019 9:08:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey doing my first extraction tek tho I can’t seem to get a hold of pickeling lime that the tek tells me to use will calcium hydroxide 98% work the same..? Thanks in advance. Stop
“Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.”

downwardsfromzero
#3099 Posted : 6/19/2019 10:22:52 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

daytripper1995 wrote:
Hey doing my first extraction tek tho I can’t seem to get a hold of pickeling lime that the tek tells me to use will calcium hydroxide 98% work the same..? Thanks in advance. Stop

Answered in your thread.

Milimpa
#3100 Posted : 6/21/2019 11:12:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I live in canada and was looking for a naphtha alternative. I found this "emzone" lighter fluid and was wondering if anyone has used it before? The Msds from their website says it is 70% heptane and 30% disstilates (petroleum) light hydrotreated. http://emzone.ca/media/1...luid_-_355_ml_en_4-1.pdf
Did an evap test on it and it came out clean. Good to use?

«PREV153154155156157NEXT»