We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
1000 year old chemical evidence for use of ayahuasca (and bufo, coca and possibly psilocybin) Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 5/6/2019 8:46:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.pnas.org/con...ly/2019/04/30/1902174116 (attached)

Just published today.

I might be mistaken but I think it's the first evidence for real ancient use of ayahuasca (or at least a harmine+dmt combination), and found in the Andes, not in the Amazon.

Basically they found a really old drug pouch. Someone back in the day had a proper nice drug collection, bufo, coca, psilocybin (likely), dmt, harmine.. He'd make a good Nexian haha

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

TGO
#2 Posted : 5/6/2019 9:03:56 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I love reading things like this! Fascinating stuff!

Thank you for sharing!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 5/6/2019 10:20:14 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Fascinating article. It really makes me wonder what life in Pre-Columbian South America might have been like. The site where the bundle was found is a fair old hike from the Amazon, but what is known of the palaeobotany of that region?

(This leads to an interesting reference: Moretti C, Gaillard Y, Grenand P, Bévalot F, Prévosto J-M (2006) Identification of 5-hydroxy-tryptamine (bufotenine) in takini (Brosimum acutifolium Huber subsp. acutifolium C.C. Berg, Moraceae), a shamanic potion used in the Guiana Plateau. J Ethnopharmacol 106:198–202. Here already.)

Also it's wryly amusing that the snuffing goods were carried in a pouch made of fox snouts.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ijahdan
#4 Posted : 5/7/2019 9:08:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting, not only as evidence of ancient ayahuasca, but also of geographically widespread usage.

Got to get me one one of those fox snout snuff stash bags!

DancinDog
#5 Posted : 5/8/2019 1:51:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I found this link with better pictures.

http://www.sci-news.com/archaeo...s-bag-bolivia-07163.html

Pihuechenyi
#6 Posted : 5/9/2019 10:39:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The report mentions: "These compounds came from at least three different plant species — likely Erythroxylum coca, a species of Anadenanthera, and Banisteriopsis caapi." Yopo does contain DMT and bufotenine so it sounds like maybe he was doing yopo with a caapi admixture.

I found this old thread from Jamie talking about yopo/caapi preparations: https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=8641

In that thread there is also some talk about the role of coca and yopo (vilca).

I never pushed it all the way with yopo. I had some bufo changa but always gave up just as it was getting interesting as the physical effects were too distracting. I feel I have some unfinished business with it!

Thanks DancinDog for the link with better pictures.

FranLover
#7 Posted : 5/10/2019 5:36:22 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

ijahdan wrote:
Interesting, not only as evidence of ancient ayahuasca, but also of geographically widespread usage.

Got to get me one one of those fox snout snuff stash bags!

Precisley!

I want the headband...damn can we humans wove and stitch.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

pinkoyd
#8 Posted : 5/10/2019 5:13:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

How likely is it that they really found 1000 year old psilocin? Did they maybe mean psilocybin? Can't imagine either one would last that long even in the best preserved site.

What does psilocin break down into when it degrades anyway? Perhaps that's what they found?
I already asked Alice.

eel
#9 Posted : 5/13/2019 1:58:11 AM

infant in the infinite

Thanks so much for sharing, wow, this made my day! as you travel the andes you find a multitude of native psychoactive plants that grow in clumps of abundance. Caapi, wilco, so many cactus and mushrooms species, coca and more. Paradise. These plants must have been common knowledge and well integrated in the cultures.
psychedelia inc.

MachienDome
#10 Posted : 5/26/2019 12:18:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2019/04/30/1902174116 (attached)
He'd make a good Nexian haha

LMFAO! The great-great-great-grand-founder of The Pre-Nexus.

Reminds me of the medicine man they found frozen in the mountains with a pouch of various herbs and drugs. I think there were also mushrooms. They sure did have a respect for psychedelic mushrooms throughout history...its terrible so much oral history was lost. Sad
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."