We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What was your first synthesis? Options

Tony6Strings
#1 Posted : 4/30/2019 4:21:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey braniac chemists!! (benzyme and mindlusion and trickster are the names that come to mind when I was thinking of this thread, but it is an open question for any experienced chemist). What was your first synthesis?
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 4/30/2019 5:48:53 PM

❀️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Before I was even born, I synthesized in my mother's womb an entire brand new novel human genome. As a kid I synthesized glucose, CO2, and alcohol using starch. As a young man I made alcohol and CO2 from simple sugars. Later in life, I made some THH by adding a single Hydrogen atom to Haramline.

The older I am, the more dumbed down things get.

Razz

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

KloudQ7
#3 Posted : 4/30/2019 9:15:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Methcathinone is pretty simple, can't really talk about it here though.

benzyme
#4 Posted : 5/1/2019 12:27:44 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

hexamine dinitrate (essentially flashbang powder).
was going for rdx, but the ol’ lady freaked when I spilled RFNA on my hand, so I scrapped the project.
probably for the best. that was when roguesci was still online
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Mindlusion
#5 Posted : 5/1/2019 1:59:50 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

When I was 11 years old I successfully synthesized a small amount of nitroglycerin. Adding a few drops to a piece of paper towel and hitting it with a hammer gave a loud bang, and ringing ears. Tasting it also resulted in light headedness, not the best idea.

Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

leratiomyces
#6 Posted : 5/1/2019 8:12:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nitrogen triiodide
A lot of fun!

Tony6Strings
#7 Posted : 5/1/2019 2:30:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks everyone for the replies!
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

blue.magic
#8 Posted : 5/1/2019 6:26:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some of the "drug related" compounds:

- alcohol (ethanol)
- nitrous oxide (laughing gas)
- n-butyl nitrite (poppers)
- phenyl-2-nitropropene (precursor to amphetamines)
- tetrahydroharmine
- gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB or 'liquid ecstasy'Pleased

My very first synthesis though calcium acetate and then a plethora of compounds most amateur chemists make (pyridine, nitric acid, silver nitrate, hydrobromic acid, iodoethane etc. etc.)

I cannot elaborate because of the Nexus' attitude.

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 5/1/2019 7:55:27 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Mine was calcium acetate from chalk and vinegar, as feedstock for a dry distillation to produce (very crude and stinky) acetone.

Before that there were lots of simple inorganic reactions - so copper carbonate probably pre-dates all others - followed by setting fire to the box my chemistry set came in.

Since plants are adept at producing compounds of interest, I don't bother with synthesising drug molecules. THH might prove to be an exception.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Th Entity
#10 Posted : 5/1/2019 10:01:13 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

My first synthesis was Calcium Acetate too, i used it to make alcohol jelly, to play with it. Laughing

blue.magic
#11 Posted : 5/2/2019 6:23:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah it was calcium acetate, not sodium... also for making acetone. It was a sweet time when I thought I will synthesize all I need - before realizing how time consuming that is...

null24
#12 Posted : 5/2/2019 3:04:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Man, i don't remember the first, but just yesterday i was synthing the hell out of some vitamin D. It's been a long winter in the PNW, and when the sun comes back for a few days-oh boy! That sh#t's free, and oh so nice!

I've been working on synthesizing a style of satiric psychedelic art... in fact i might post some today! Thanks for reminding me.Thumbs up Love
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*Ξ³Ξ½αΏΆΞΈΞΉ ΟƒΞ΅Ξ±Ο…Ο„ΟŒΞ½*

benzyme
#13 Posted : 5/3/2019 5:18:59 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

oh yeah..almost forgot...I made tryptoline from tryptophan, a couple years before I joined the Nexus. that's how I learned about the pictet-spengler reaction.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Samvidbuho
#14 Posted : 5/8/2019 12:08:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Acetylsalicylic Acid for me !

Trickster
#15 Posted : 7/19/2019 8:40:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Tryptamine from Tryptophan.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.