We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sadhguru Options

Exitwound
#1 Posted : 4/25/2019 7:50:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings everyone.

I've come upon Sadhguru's videos on YT recently and watched quite a few of his speeches.
I can say that many things that he say resonate with my own experiences and understandings of spiritual realm.

What's I'd like to know is, fellow nexians' opinions on Sadhguru's credibility.

I've read conflicting reports, which state, that he's just another cash grab guru out there. But at the same time, many people praise him for his teachings and doings.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

brewster
#2 Posted : 4/25/2019 12:17:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've watched a certain number of his videos. Mostly, they seem to be good and practical content. I also talked to an Indian about him, he mentioned that there are a certain number of controversies, but that he considers Sadhguru as one of the least controversial Indian gurus.

The question also is how you approach this. Do you see him as a teacher, a person who can help you with certain things, while keeping your distance? Or do you see him as a holy man, someone divinely inspired who commands awe and uncritical devotion? The second point seems what quite a few people think, this increases potential for trouble.

Psilosopher?
#3 Posted : 4/25/2019 12:22:06 PM

Don't Panic

brewster wrote:
I've watched a certain number of his videos. Mostly, they seem to be good and practical content. I also talked to an Indian about him, he mentioned that there are a certain number of controversies, but that he considers Sadhguru as one of the least controversial Indian gurus.

The question also is how you approach this. Do you see him as a teacher, a person who can help you with certain things, while keeping your distance? Or do you see him as a holy man, someone divinely inspired who commands awe and uncritical devotion? The second point seems what quite a few people think, this increases potential for trouble.

This, 100%.

There are cases of godmen like Nithyananda in India, who have far more grave controversies.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

seagull
#4 Posted : 4/25/2019 1:27:39 PM

Hello world!

There is not much to say about men without actually have been in their presence.
He is a legit teacher and very intellectual but also forms strong opinions. He always masks his intent so you dont get hurt.
He does alot of inside jokes, storytelling and makes riddles.

All of it is accesible thru YouTube tho difficult to decipher then.
He also does alot of good for Earth, Human welfare and India as a whole.
He is not an evil man.
Enjoy his videos they are really good.
You&Iverse

FranLover
#5 Posted : 4/25/2019 8:52:47 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

I mostly like what he has to say and enjoy his personality...but the whole guru thing and the robes and everything...its just so childish to me that i dont entertain it...but i also do not step into dojos or dojangs as I consider them childish and weird. Adults acting like scripted children.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence โ—‹ Shiva โ—‡ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving โ™กSee the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.โ™ก
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Exitwound
#6 Posted : 4/27/2019 9:20:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

brewster wrote:

Thank you. I see him as a teacher of course. Many things that he says about memory, time, space and consciousness resonate with my own thoughts and feelings.

FranLover,
That's what threw me off initially, but after listening to him, I think he's legit.

IIYI
#7 Posted : 4/28/2019 4:49:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
Greetings everyone.

I've come upon Sadhguru's videos on YT recently and watched quite a few of his speeches.
I can say that many things that he say resonate with my own experiences and understandings of spiritual realm.

What's I'd like to know is, fellow nexians' opinions on Sadhguru's credibility.

I've read conflicting reports, which state, that he's just another cash grab guru out there. But at the same time, many people praise him for his teachings and doings.

I learned about Sadhguru from the post of another user here in dmt-nexus. After watching a few videos in Saduto's in YT, I started to watch many of his stuff. Somehow he resonates in me and he gives me pleasure and I enjoy listening to him. I like him as a person from whom i can learn a lot (some of he words i feel them long before to understand for him or even to hear for enteogens). I like him and since i watch his first video here now I regularly watch his clips in YT. I believe he is a good man.

I've never met him alive in life. So I can not know his real image, but I like what I've hear and felt from his videos.

Although my eyes are confused about him. (but I generally do not believe to my eyes so it's okay)
Phylogeny repeats Ontogeny - IIYI

FranLover
#8 Posted : 5/20/2019 8:48:55 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence โ—‹ Shiva โ—‡ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving โ™กSee the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.โ™ก
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

antares
#9 Posted : 5/21/2019 10:12:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:
I mostly like what he has to say and enjoy his personality...but the whole guru thing and the robes and everything...its just so childish to me that i dont entertain it...but i also do not step into dojos or dojangs as I consider them childish and weird. Adults acting like scripted children.

It is perfectly normal if you consider the environment he lives in and local culture there. His attire and assemblies are typical of what every guru that existed the last 1000 years or more in India and surrounding countries had. Every culture has rituals and traditions which are expected to be upheld by the local populace. Otherwise he wouldn't be looked up to as a guru.

brewster
#10 Posted : 5/21/2019 11:30:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

haha - I kid you not - this just came up on my YT feed: