We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
B.Caapi x10 Liquid Extract Options

DeMolecularTraveler
#1 Posted : 4/8/2012 5:09:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have recently acquired some B.Caapi x10 Liquid Extract, and am wondering if/how I can go about making a tea with it.
According to the label, there's 75ml of alkaloids per dropper.
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Ideally I'd like to make a tea so I can get to know B.Caapi.
Much Respect!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DeMolecularTraveler
#2 Posted : 4/9/2012 2:25:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whoa, slow down, not everyone at once=)
I've waited 5 years, I have patience.
Respect.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 4/9/2012 2:44:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What is it diluted in ?

do you mean 75mg per dropper, not 75ml?

Just consider you need around 200mg for MAO inhibition... So put that amount in a glass and drink it up, maybe?

Pup Tentacle
#4 Posted : 4/9/2012 2:56:13 PM

lettuce

Let us know how it goes... I saw the same extract and have been wondering if it's worth giving a try.
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

DeMolecularTraveler
#5 Posted : 4/9/2012 3:00:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the reply Endlessness=)
Its a small bottle containing 1 ounce of liquid caapi x 10. It says theres 75ml of alkaloid per dropper.
I wish it said how many milligrams, that would be a bit easier.
It says "in pure grain alcohol or fermented grape elixir"
I just want to get this right, and I dont see much info on the liquid extract.
This was a gift, not something I purchased, but I'd like to use it as long as i have it.
I was thinking the same as you, but I wantede to get others input on the matter before I try anything.
Im new to caapi, so I'd like to do it right.
Thanks for any and all input=)

endlessness
#6 Posted : 4/9/2012 3:03:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I suggest next time getting some whole caapi and taking whole brew.

75ml of alkaloids doesnt make sense, because it depends how concentrated it is.. Maybe you can email the supplier and ask if they mean 75mg?

DeMolecularTraveler
#7 Posted : 4/9/2012 3:06:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ahhh, I found this:

Our 10x liquid extract tincture contains about 0.5 grams of alkaloid content per fluid ounce and 5ml is a standard measure for this interesting extract.

Pup Tentacle
#8 Posted : 4/9/2012 3:06:28 PM

lettuce

endlessness... do you have a favorite/reccomended way to brew caapi? I have some and am aching to add harmalas to my regimine.
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

DeMolecularTraveler
#9 Posted : 4/9/2012 3:09:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I suggest next time getting some whole caapi and taking whole brew.

75ml of alkaloids doesnt make sense, because it depends how concentrated it is.. Maybe you can email the supplier and ask if they mean 75mg?

thanks=)
Like I said, this was a gift so I figured I might as well use it. I have caapi vine, I just havent progressed to that point yet. Thanks for the advice!

Infundibulum
#10 Posted : 4/9/2012 3:24:15 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

DeMolecularTraveler wrote:
ahhh, I found this:

Our 10x liquid extract tincture contains about 0.5 grams of alkaloid content per fluid ounce and 5ml is a standard measure for this interesting extract.

In that case, 1/3 -1/2 of this bottle will be required for MAO inhibition (as per pharmahusca) or even the whole bottle for a full-blown, caapi-oriented experience (with or without dmt, you choose)

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

endlessness
#11 Posted : 4/9/2012 3:40:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pup Tentacle wrote:
endlessness... do you have a favorite/reccomended way to brew caapi? I have some and am aching to add harmalas to my regimine.

I like to brew without acid using mineral water (my tap water is too basic), doing 4x 1hr boil on low fire, and doing a freeze and thaw between the third and fourth boil. Then I filter, reduce on low till its around 70ml per 50g caapi. A dose can be those 70ml or half of that or even less, depending on how strong your caapi is. Start low. After doing the brew I dont throw away the caapi, I let it soak in vinegar for a couple of days, aybe even doing a freeze and thaw, boiling for a couple of hours at the end, filtering and adding a base to extract these alkaloids. I either add these remaining alkaloids back to the brew or keep separately for vapping or pharma.

As for DMT admixture, lately ive just been adding 100mg dmt fumarate per dose, because Im out of chacruna or other admixtures. I suggest brewing the caapi separately , drinking to find your caapi-only dosage, and adding the admixture next time starting with low doses. Check FAQ for suggested doses (remember with chali or mimosa starting very low, or if you are using chacruna from hawai also start low)

To the OP, as infundibulum said Smile

Pup Tentacle
#12 Posted : 4/9/2012 3:56:29 PM

lettuce

Thank you kind sir.
Pup Tentacle

Robert Anton Wilson

Algernop_Clone
#13 Posted : 4/25/2019 2:51:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just curious if you care to comment on how the 10x extract worked for you. I am in the same boat (got a few bottles of b. caapi 10x liquid extract as well as some root) and am curious how to best use it. I'm thinking of using it in a changa blend, or as a tea on the side (drink the caapi then the spice blended with mullein). Additionally, I am considering using one of the bottles (1/3, 1/2, or the whole thing) to have a solo b. caapi experience first.

Anyway, would love any feedback, even if it has been over seven years since this post's inception.