We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dieting for Ayahuasca Options

KateAdam
#1 Posted : 4/23/2019 7:25:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all

I’m preparing for my first Ayahasca experience, stepping up the amount of mediation i’m doing daily as well as looking at my diet. I’m mostly vegan anyway with the exception of the odd egg based ingredient, so it’s only really booze i’m cutting out. My question is around wheat, a friend of mine told me I should be avoiding this as part of my detox?

Is anyone able to offer some thought or experience on this?

Kate x

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

smoothmonkey
#2 Posted : 4/23/2019 6:41:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think wheat is something that it is necessary to avoid pre-ceremony. Generally, the recommended diet include avoiding (for at least 1 week prior):

-all red meat
-fermented foods
-processed sugar
-alcohol
-dairy
-large amounts of spices
-cannabis
-medications

and for three days prior:
-dietary supplements
-herbal tinctures

That being said, the idea of "dieting" pre-ceremony is to create space for the mother medicine to do her work, while adding a level of commitment to the experience. In a traditional setting down south, the dieta is more strict, limiting your food intake to fruits, vegetables and some rice or oatmeal, maybe a little fish; one also drinks medicine multiple times during the dieta. The more clean the body is, the more room the medicine has to work. However, IME, these can be more along the lines of "guidelines" rather than strict rules to follow. There really are no true "rules" in life... You have to find what works best for you.

Some people say if there is not enough space the medicine won't work. Some say Grandmother is a jealous spirit, and is repulsed by such things as red meat and certain other plants (cannabis). I say the medicine is much more intelligent than we, and will give you the the experience you need to heal, regardless of what you have ingested beforehand. I believe it is important to clean out your vessel and become clear so that the experience may unfold in a more harmonious way, but if you need to use some cannabis or you cheat a little on the diet it's not a big deal. The medicine will do what it's going to do. You get out of it what you put it.

After taking ayahuasca a few times you will learn what works and what doesn't work for you, which can also depend on where you are in life at the time. It seems like you avoid some of the more characteristically excluded food stuffs in your normal diet so you should be good to go Thumbs up

I could see why your friend told you to avoid wheat as it can cause inflammatory response in the body, and decreased inflammation has many positive impacts on the body, brain, emotional, and mental state, but it is unnecessary to avoid.

Hope this helps! Happy journeying,

-smoothmonkey Pleased
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

Felnik
#3 Posted : 4/23/2019 7:25:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From my experience the less toxic your body is going in to the experience the more productive the ceremonies will be. I was horribly sick for the first few ceremonies it was difficult to get to the good stuff until I purged my brains out of both ends . I’m going down to Colombia in June and trying to start now getting my diet in shape .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

KateAdam
#4 Posted : 4/24/2019 7:17:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Both

Thank you so much, a massive help and comforting to know I’m well on the right path, and some fab insight in the mechanics behind why it has to be done this way.
I’ve decided I’m going to put myself on a very strict diet, if it could get even more strict than it currently is. I think going from what you’re saying it’s probably important to aim for a pure experience which should include having the body as pure as possible. So going to carry on as I am at the moment but I’m the final week ramp it up to only fresh food only (including your list below), but also avoid things like spices, citrus fruits possibly even things like bananas.

Kate xx

sbios
#5 Posted : 4/24/2019 6:54:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just want to point out that some sources say to avoid some ripe fruits which include banana (mostly the skin) that are too ripe because they're like the early stage of fermenting.

ShamensStamen
#6 Posted : 4/24/2019 7:34:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've personally never dieted or restricted foods, never been an issue, everything went just fine, no negative interactions. If you diet, diet because you want to, not because you need to, because you don't need to, and there aren't any Tyramine interactions with reversible MAO-A inhibition.

IIYI
#7 Posted : 4/26/2019 12:06:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

KateAdam wrote:
Hi all

I’m preparing for my first Ayahasca experience, stepping up the amount of mediation i’m doing daily as well as looking at my diet. I’m mostly vegan anyway with the exception of the odd egg based ingredient, so it’s only really booze i’m cutting out. My question is around wheat, a friend of mine told me I should be avoiding this as part of my detox?

Is anyone able to offer some thought or experience on this?

Kate x

Hello KateAdam,

I recently finished my first meeting with Mother Ayahuasca.

My advice is to listen to yourself. Listen to yourself and you will know if you should make a diet or not. (you will feel it)

I felt that I needed to make a diet for myself. It gave me confidence, motivation and focus.

Not everyone needs to do it, but I felt that need. I can say that my diet was certainly not complete because I did not do it in complete isolation, but I had a lot of friends and spent a lot of time on the computer.

I'm a vegan, and dieta has not been a problem for me.

In general I have been preparing myself for the trip for a long time.
Problem part for me was the part with "No Sex", "No Salt" and "No Ganja/Cannabis". I love sex and ganja ... so this was the hard one to stop. (40+ days without sex and ganja was a lot for me) It also turned out to be addicted to salt but now i reduce this problem. This help me to increase my purity and frequency.

The dieta help me to sharp my mind and my senses. Literally, my senses were sharpened many times.

Now after the connection trip with Mother Ayahuasca I can share with you that my starvation is worth it. I even believe starvation allowed me to feel and see things I could not otherwise have.

For instance, at one point I saw Shiva and his wife kissing and then merging into One.
After a while I saw two green people-plants that made love (sex) and somehow rub in one another. In a very gentle and harmonious way. These creatures somehow loved (Sex) not only physically but also mentally.
The view was incredible and honest to tell you I liked it. (I can not tell you if I was one of these people-plants or not, but I liked the view and gave me a delight)

I do not know whether I was doing love with Mother Ayahuasca, or She was teaching me how to make a "Love". But it was incredible.

The lack of alcohol, grass, heavy food had cleared my receptors to such an extent that I could feel even more from the normal life. (not only from the trip)

After the trip i start to eat a lot. I even still feel the Medicine in me, how the Medicine work and think. I feel the homing of the Medicine. The great spirits care about me.

With me the diet was a positive effect and it was worth every effort. I believe that even the spirits have learned about my seriousness thanks to the diet.

I felt their approval, felt their protection.

I now feel the spirits make me eat and rest, as well as doing things to integrate knowledge. i really feel mother Earth. It's incredibly beautiful. I look for a plant or a tree, and I look at it from several different perspectives points.
As if looking through my body eyes, but also as if "looking" through the "eyes" of the plants around it. I feel them from a multi-dimensional angle. (as if I had new eyes to look at them) I even can not explain it.

56 h before drinking Mother Aya brew i was not eating anything and 5 h before that i did not drink any water. Two days before the trip was spend in making the brew, hard work and meditation. Preparation of brew take me a lot of time and efforts but it was worth every minute and every effort. Second day i feel very tired and everything was slower because i did not have so much energy. Before to drink Aya i was super tired. The meeting with Her was a desirable vacation, which we are looking forward to.

I took her with respect.

The moment I drank it, my body went to rest. It was the most beautiful, pleasant and meaningful trip in my life.

If you feel that you do not have to do the diet, do not do it.
Do it if you feel that meditation and dieta will help you to preparing yourself for the connection with Mother Aya.

Do what you feel is right for you.

I wish you good luck with the Medicine. (She is Great) Be well,

IIYI
Phylogeny repeats Ontogeny - IIYI