We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Comedy Central new series: Tales from the Trip Options

Psilosopher?
#1 Posted : 4/22/2019 12:44:12 PM

Don't Panic

So, Comedy Central has a new series out called Tales from the Trip. And it's exactly what you're thinking.

Here is the one for DMT.

I started this topic, not to talk about the trip itself, but about the consequences of this surge in popularity. Is the world ready for such rapid exposure, in an age rife with egocentrism and narcissism? Will this actually wake people up, or create another delusion?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Loveall
#2 Posted : 4/22/2019 1:28:38 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

LOL, that was funny.

But people need to learn about doses and what to expect. Thankfully we have the nexus, erowid and psychonaut wiki. I hope people don't go out taking massive bong hits en masse.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Aum_Shanti
#3 Posted : 4/22/2019 1:45:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is this kinda a remake from the good old "Tales from the tripside" from the trip magazine?

BTW: If anyone doesn't know this old gem, it's a must to watch, IMHO just hilarious.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

null24
#4 Posted : 4/22/2019 2:44:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

That was pretty damn funny.

"I thought it was going to tell me the secret of life or something and it was...like 'nah I'm just f###ing with you!"

Yep, that's DMT alright...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Psilosopher?
#5 Posted : 4/23/2019 12:51:39 AM

Don't Panic

Yeah, i found the video rather funny and accurate, which is rather uncommon from the rare videos i watch about psychedelics. I typically dislike most videos to do with psychedelics. It just feels like a lazy format for something this potent.

My concern is more about whether this rapid exposure is going to be bad for society, the entheogenic community and/or the plants themselves.

For the same series, there is a video titled: "I Ate $800 Shrooms - Tales from the Trip".

The use of monetary value to depict sacred mushrooms just seems reckless, and i know that it's meant to be clickbait-y. Sort of like it's encouraging people to buy their shrooms rather than ID/pick them or grow them oneself.

Someone on chat mentioned they were talking to someone who has done DMT a fair few times, and described it as "pretty expensive". This person had no idea it came from nature, or that it can be extracted relatively easily and affordably. My concern with the psychedelic renaissance is very intimately linked to my concern about the general science knowledge from the population at large. People from non-STEM disciplines aren't taught to critically think. Many conspiracy theorist truthers think that all scientists agree with each other all the time, that's why there is a global conspiracy. If only they knew that it is actually other scientists who rip theories to shreds, to observe whether it holds up in reality. Science conferences are often heated warzones, a battle of theories, hypotheses and egos.

Perhaps i'm way too cynical, but that's just in my nature.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Praxis.
#6 Posted : 4/23/2019 3:31:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I really liked this! Big grin

I'd agree that the rapid popularization of DMT is concerning from an ecological perspective, given common harvesting/extraction methods and the simple fact that plants can't produce DMT as fast as it's being consumed. That said, in my opinion psychedelics have been a part of pop-culture for a long time, and to be frank I don't think the general population is any more or less "ready" for them than anyone on this forum when we first started exploring. In fact if I'm being totally honest I think narcissism has plagued our community since the 1950's, when psychedelics first entered the popular imagination of industrial society.

Not to be a downer but I think their growing popularity is just another indicator that we're all imperfect and there's no such thing as a magic pill that makes you a better, more conscious person. We have to actually participate in the world around us if we want to make it better.
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

Loveall
#7 Posted : 4/23/2019 3:52:14 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Just FYI, the $800 shroom episode is about the person tripping forgiving the roommate's rent cause she felt empathy during the trip. It's not about the price of the shrooms, those were given to her for free my the roomie to begin with.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚