We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Why did nothing happen? Options

JKW
#1 Posted : 4/21/2019 5:00:54 PM

Like a stone in the shoe...

Yesterday, I had a depressive relapse, and decided to take some DMT to make me feel better.

However, in both attempts (90 minutes apart), nothing happened.

I took three large tokes on the first and four on the second. Barely felt anything. In my depressive state, it felt like a "fuck you" from the DMT, which is crazy, but that's how it felt.

Does anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Psilosopher?
#2 Posted : 4/22/2019 2:22:45 AM

Don't Panic

You have been shut out.

Focus on your life, do everything you can to enrich it and channel good intentions before smoking again.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

JKW
#3 Posted : 4/22/2019 2:31:01 AM

Psilosopher? wrote:
You have been shut out.

Is this common?

Psilosopher?
#4 Posted : 4/22/2019 2:33:10 AM

Don't Panic

JKW wrote:
Psilosopher? wrote:
You have been shut out.

Is this common?

Common enough to elicit a name such as "shut out". Some people are insta shut out, i.e. they are shut out on their first ever dose. I was shut out when i was "abusing" it. I've written about it here.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=70726
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

JKW
#5 Posted : 4/22/2019 2:14:51 PM

Psilosopher? wrote:
JKW wrote:
Psilosopher? wrote:
You have been shut out.

Is this common?

Common enough to elicit a name such as "shut out". Some people are insta shut out, i.e. they are shut out on their first ever dose. I was shut out when i was "abusing" it. I've written about it here.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=70726

Just read it. Fascinating. A truly strange and wonderful compound.

I guess I was taking too much lately.

null24
#6 Posted : 4/22/2019 2:48:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Shuts-outs do happen, i have no advice tho- usually it's the opposite with me, they won't let me leave...Laughing

How does DMT make you feel better from a depressiveepisode? Do you use it like i use psilocybin micro doses, that is, to address symptoms periodically?
Does that workfor you?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

JKW
#7 Posted : 4/22/2019 2:54:34 PM

null24 wrote:
Shuts-outs do happen, i have no advice tho- usually it's the opposite with me, they won't let me leave...Laughing

How does DMT make you feel better from a depressiveepisode? Do you use it like i use psilocybin micro doses, that is, to address symptoms periodically?
Does that workfor you?

It has been normal for me to smoke DMT when depressed, and feeling complete relief after a trip.
Normally about 30 mg, so it's not a microdose.

I was worried the first time that the set was not right, but the DMT has been very kind to me always, even on the few darker trips I've had.

I used to microdose LSD and occasionally mushrooms, but it would interfere with my day (I'd rather not drive, for example). The wonderful thing about DMT is that it relieved me of my depression; I am completely sober after an hour, and able to function normally.

JKW
#8 Posted : 4/25/2019 9:29:17 PM

I decided to give it another try today with 20 mg. I normally take 30, but in case I was locked out, I didn't want to waste too much.

I close my eyes and this very dark mass start to take over my field of vision. It flows like sewage. Everything is monochrome. I speak to it. I tell her I will continue with her as my guide, wherever it goes. I will not open my eyes, I will face what comes.
The trip was dark, but speaking to it, centered me, and I was never afraid or felt threatened.

At the end of the trip I thanked her for being kind even when she didn't want to be, and for letting me in once again.
I told her I was going to open my eyes, and I did, and that was it.

I promised her I would do the full dose of 30 mg next time. That my intention is not to shy away from whatever she wants to show me.

In any case. I'm relieved I'm in; even it it was an attempted cyberslap. I think I dealt with it pretty well.

The trip ended with a feeling of gratitude, and well being. This is really the best antidepressant I've ever taken.

JKW
#9 Posted : 4/29/2019 6:40:40 AM

Today I had DMT pulled with heptane which made for a very white crystalline powder. Nothing like the yellowish DMT I have tried before.

Anyway, this stuff was strong. After two tokes, everything became white as if made of ice. My friend sitting in from of me looked incredible. Everything looked spectacular, and unliked any other DMT trip I've had. Language, of course can barely describe it.

The strangest thing now that I think back is that there were no entities, which have been common in every other DMT trip I've taken so far. It was just visually spectacular, ecstatic. I can't find other words to describe it.