We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cyb Max Ion Tek Questions Options

just999
#1 Posted : 4/14/2019 7:33:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys!

I have some questions about Cyb's salt teks.

I am wondering about the first step in the Max Ion tek (freeze/thaw)
Why not adding vinegar or any other acid? I understand the progress of this first step (braking off the cells) but in my opinion a little bit vinegar would help to migrate the dmt into the polar solvent (water).

After the basifying step he says "cool down to room temp".
This makes no sense to me because he always recommend warm naptha pulls.
When I drop hot naptha into a room temp basic soup the naptha would rapidly cool down and or not ?

Anyway I would prefer Xylene as my NPS. I've read that xylene doesnt need to be warm because it is able to solve dmt freebase at room temp. But I still want to know where is the reason?
I guess it has any higher sense because he added this in his new tek. The old salt tek recommends naptha pulls in a warm water bath.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

just999
#2 Posted : 4/17/2019 7:21:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

No one? :-/

Th Entity
#3 Posted : 4/17/2019 11:08:46 AM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

When you are freeze/thawing there is no need to add vinegar, why? Because the water and the acetic acid (in vinegar) have different freezing points, and the idea of freeze/thaw is to break the plant cells so they release their contents, "helping the dmt migrate into the polar solvent (water)" is done later, during the acidification step. If you want to be sure all the cells are lysed use powdered RB,
deionized water (hypotonic solution), and boil your powdered RB for 30 mins before the freeze/thaws.
The bark have tannins (acidic) plus if you use deionized water CO2 will dissolve in it forming carbonic acid which will help make the water slightly more acidic, and when you use deionized water the cells swell up because deionized water is a hypotonic solution, when you boil the RB for 30 mins, some cells might burst others might just swell up (plant cells dont break easily as animal cells) then you freeze/thaw and you pretty much lysed all the cells.

The temperature between the nps and AQ solution will equilibrate pretty fast, indeed.
I would advice you this: If you do defat, heat both aq solution and nps when pulling, if you dont defat and heat both aq solution and nps you will get more fats/oils, that is not a problem because thats the idea, to get all the dmt and refine it later. Stick with what Cyb's recommend tho.

Xylene is fine, its aromatic solvent, and it will take all the dmt in there, maybe even more than Naptha. Im not sure about the necessity of using heat during pulls when using Xylene, but make sure you are in a well-WELL ventilated room/area, because Xylene is enough volatile even without heat and stirring. Heat and stirring will help (of course) to have more saturated pulls. =(less pulls needed)

just999
#4 Posted : 4/18/2019 7:46:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you really much. This is a really professionall answere to my question. Thats what I wanted to hear. Now I am so angry about myself. Started yesterday with the Max Ion Tek and used tap water for boiling before the first freeze step. Now I will buy some destilled water asap.

The problem about heated naptha pulls or naptha here in generell is the good quality of the naptha.
Most of the teks here are written in the US. The German pharma naptha has such a low boiling point that it is a pain in the ass to work with. For example if you do warm pulls with eg. 50ml naptha you will loose it in less than 15 minutes...And you dont have a seperation layer anymore. If you close your extraction vessel with a lid the steams will build up a really high pressure after only 1 shake so that the glas or the lid could be able to burst. Thats why I always use big extraction vessels for laboratory use with a large volume like 5-6 L for just a few grams of bark. And pre evaping naptha before freeze preciepe takes only a few minutes of time. It happens really often to me that I go away for just a short time and when I come back I only have some goo in my evaping dish. This is really nasty... I know I could use lighter fluid but I dont want to... Not sure what is inside... I feel better with pharma solvents

Yes I know Xylene smells really terrible. Thats why I only use D-Limonene for "open" pulls for eg. when I am doing Q21 lime tek. But Xylene does not evap so fast than Naptha. You can easily give your mix a shake, go outside or to your window and release the pressure without any fear of exploding extraction vessel Very happy When I do this with Naptha there is so much pressure / steam that I am even terrified about a burning light bulb or something else which could be enough for fire up the naptha air mix.

And yes Xylene pulls much more. I dont care about clean white crystals. This is exactly what I want. In my opinion using Naptha is a waste of some good DMT-material. Anyway... during the salting step for eg. using FASI / FASA you leave nearly 100% of the not wanted fats in the solvent