We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bridging informal and formal psychedelic research Options

alkie
#1 Posted : 4/15/2019 6:46:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I work in clinical research and am very encouraged by the growing acceptance of psychedelics among the academic/regulatory worlds. I think it's quite possible or perhaps inevitable that the valuable experiences discussed in this forum and others will soon be validated in formal research settings. That said, I believe that ~50 years of "underground" psychedelics research has produced a bolus of knowledge and insights that are waiting to be shared beyond the confines of internet forums. One goal of mine is to learn about and introduce this "informal" research into the growing body of published literature.

Please feel free to DM me if you have any shared interests.

Sincerely,

A Curious Reader

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SofaSwim
#2 Posted : 4/15/2019 10:29:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello and welcome,

Cool to see the growing acceptance within academia. I think it's an important step towards further integrating psychedelics in society.

Do you have many legal hurdles towards researching these chemicals? I know for example making LSD illicit in the USA killed a lot of research. It seems like research always goes somewhat in hand with loosening of laws. In a similar vein I'm excited for all the research that is going into cannabis use with the legalization in many states and Canada.