We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoking changa made with harmaline while on kratom Options

Tyler_Trismegistus
#1 Posted : 10/18/2018 12:38:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys I take kratom every day instead of suboxone now. I have all the materials to make some 1:1 changa with freebase harmaline and I'm wondering if anyone here has taken kratom and smoked changa before without any negative effects? If it's really a bad combo how long should I wait? Cause I get withdrawals from taking it daily. Should I just switch to suboxone on the days I want to smoke changa? Or can I safely smoke it while on kratom? I'm also prescribed clonazepam if that makes a difference in the possible hypertension.I've read the risks of RIMAs especially harmaline are much lower when vaporized than taken in a brew and passed through your digestive system. I just absolutely love changa and it is my favorite plant teacher. Maybe adjusting the ratio to 1:.5 DMT to harmaline would be advisable?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tyler_Trismegistus
#2 Posted : 10/18/2018 12:40:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys I take kratom every day instead of suboxone now. I have all the materials to make some 1:1 changa with freebase harmaline and I'm wondering if anyone here has taken kratom and smoked changa before without any negative effects? If it's really a bad combo how long should I wait? Cause I get withdrawals from taking it daily. Should I just switch to suboxone on the days I want to smoke changa? Or can I safely smoke it while on kratom? I'm also prescribed clonazepam if that makes a difference in the possible hypertension. I've read the risks of RIMAs especially harmaline are much lower when vaporized than taken in a brew and passed through your digestive system. I just absolutely love changa and it is my favorite plant teacher. Maybe adjusting the ratio to 1:.5 DMT to harmaline would be advisable?

atomu235
#3 Posted : 10/18/2018 4:20:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't find any significant interactions between Kratom and RIMA/DMT. There is one big issue though. Kratom is a central nervous depressant. There are known cases of respiratory depression from depressants, especially when potentiated by other drugs. I don't think being on Kratom and taking DMT at the same time can be considered a safe practice...

Every one of us has minor differences in their metabolism and I'd strongly advise to speak with a trusted medical professional and ask them all these questions.

Asking strangers on the internet for strict medical advise doesn't seem like a good idea... ;-P

Ps. Your hypertension and DMT also do not mix well. DMT can cause sudden blood pressure spikes. This can be dangerous in ppl with an already high blood pressure.
Be inquisitive and always question things...

Tyler_Trismegistus
#4 Posted : 10/18/2018 4:45:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont have high blood pressure but I was thinking maybe harmaline mixed with kratom would raise blood pressure, though I use less stimulating strains

KloudQ7
#5 Posted : 10/18/2018 7:53:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've always thought that dmt with any opiate feel is kinda gross, though it does feel worse on a withdrawal. When I was addicted to opiates the only way I could comfortably trip was to do just enough to not be sick or high. If you can I would discontinue daily use.

nickynack338
#6 Posted : 3/29/2019 5:48:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did have a changa session about 3 hours after taking a medium dose of kratom. I found that smaller doses of changa mingled very well. The somatic presence of the acacia changa was really enhanced. With progressively more adventurous doses however I had a lot of anxiety kick in. My heart was also beating very very fast and I was looking forward to coming down from the experience. I often have rebound anxiety after kratom and I feel the changa made this even more present past the low doses (mild CEV and body glow). I don’t think I’ll be repeating that experience, particularly because of the high heart rate.

spyfish
#7 Posted : 4/12/2019 3:04:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would think that one should be cautious with any sedative substances in combination with Harmalas. Respiratory depression being the concern here. It's all dose dependent of course. I'd personally avoid it.

MAOIs does tend to potentiate sedatives.

Pure spice is another matter though.

For Changa I'd follow the same guidelines as with Ayahuasca
External Anarchy & Internal Monarchy

FranLover
#8 Posted : 4/12/2019 3:54:53 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

KloudQ7 wrote:
I've always thought that dmt with any opiate feel is kinda gross, though it does feel worse on a withdrawal. When I was addicted to opiates the only way I could comfortably trip was to do just enough to not be sick or high. If you can I would discontinue daily use.

this!Smile
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.