We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Semi-hyperventilation during changa journeys Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 3/30/2019 3:46:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Friends I need your input and advice.

Today I made my second changa journey. Before it, I decided I will make a small textual "offering" to the entities beyond. The text I wrote was:
Quote:
O, supreme beings of the higher realms, allow me to venture into your dimensions. I come with love and with harmony. I bring no hatred and carry no malevolence in my soul. I come to learn and to grow. Show me your world and gift me some of your knowledge. Ask me, and I shall answer with honesty; hug me, and I shall hug you back; advise me, and I shall follow your wisdom. Heal me from my fear and give me insight. There is little I can offer back but my love and trust. O, supreme beings of the higher realms... I am yours.

Reading it aloud several times solidified the proper mindset to journey. This time I tried vaporizing the changa with a torch lighter, and barely touched the chunks with the hot air until they were bubbling. This time I didn't ignite the changa, but properly vaporized it. The smoke was not harsh at all (probably the cold water in the bong helped a lot too).

When it all began, again I felt that intense pressure in my head. As intensity went up, I started feeling like there wasn't enough air in the room for me to breathe. By definition, hyperventilation is when you exhale more air than you inhale...I don't think I was ventilating in that sense, but rather just felt the desperate need to breathe as fast and deep as I possibly could. This, coupled with the very unpleasant feeling that there wasn't enough air in the room, even though I had the windows opened wide, created an extremely unpleasant sensation of almost suffocating...

While I'm in that state, I can't possibly relax and let changa do its magic on me...this means that if I try to properly breakthrough, I'll have to smoke a large amount of changa, and I don't want to do this. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, especially with the feeling of suffocation and hyperventilation. I've decided my next journey will be outside, in a remote area of the park nearby. I feel that being outside will promote better breathing and allow me to relax better compared with journeying in my room...

Since it would be absolutely unreasonable to bring a bong with me to the park, I'll go for a ROA a friend of mine advised me - just roll up the changa like a joint and put some nice smokeable mellow herbs in front of it. This way I can light up the herbs and the inhaling of air will evenly distribute heat on the changa behind the herbs and promote a relatively good vaporization. On paper it works, but we'll see how it actually works IRL.

My question to you is if this semi-hyperventilation is something most of you feel, and if it's normal or a sign that something is off - either with my changa, or with myself. I am still very inexperienced with DMT, and I made the grave mistake of putting a lot of harmalas in my changa without ever having tried harmalas in the first place. It's like salt in a dish - put too much, and you're screwed. Maybe the vaporized harmalas have a play in this breathing issue?

Any and all advice is very much appreciated. Love you all. Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

IIYI
#2 Posted : 3/30/2019 7:55:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Brother

If you feel it to make it outside, make it outside. Among nature is pleasant. ( i love Nature) But think well about the place so it's safe for you and not to have people around you.

I have a very poor experience with DMT ( only 1 trip), but let me make one suggestion.

Make bigger hit and smoke more just to crossed the boundaries of reality . (Brake true)
When you're in the other dimension you will not even think of your breath... or even if you think it will not be such big deal. In that I'm sure. And the magic will come upon to you with full force.

Relax, your thought holds you too much.

I believe that breathing is a very primal impulse in us. Very strong reflex. So that some part of our minds to keep us here is associated with this reflex to keep us here and not let us go there.(but also to be alive. Still, we can not live without breathing.) Аt the same time smoke is smoke and is not liked by the lungs. But when you go (brake true) to the other dimension, we just turn our minds off thinking about our body. Images and information is so much and you (me) are(was) fascinated by the beauty and complexity of things and the thought of breath (body) remains in the background.
This is just speculation of an inexperienced traveler. Do not take them for a clean coin.

Exhale and everything changes.

Good luck and love Love
Phylogeny repeats Ontogeny - IIYI

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 3/30/2019 9:44:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex for what it's worth I recommend trying a small smoalk of spice all on its own. 25 mg or so in a glass pipe using a brillo plug in the bowl.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

FranLover
#4 Posted : 3/30/2019 10:18:21 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Hey whatsup nydex Big grin I smoked my first dmt changa bowls in my bed in my room and had amazing experiences however the smoke was always too much. Unbearable. I would place a fan in the room but that didnt help. Its a whole combination of things: stickiness in the air, a toxic hazyness steming from the burnt harmalas, the smell of burnt plastic from the dmt, and the hyperventilation. Now that I think of it maybe I should have cracked open my windows? Anywho because of claustrophobia and overall just liking outside temperature to inside temperature more I only smoke outdoors now, meaning in my garden balcony which is 100% safe.

I've went on to have the best trips outside in the afternoons (2PMish) on sunny and warm days. I havn't tripped at night in a room in a long time...stuff just gets too sci fi and fucked up in those situations.

The ideal is having somewhere outside to lay down and doze off after smoking and where no one can bother you.

The preassure on the third eye is out of this world!!Very happy

Yes maybe the harmalas have play in the hyperventilation issue but being in a confined space is major, as well as maybe you havnt dried your changa 100% so you are smoking trace amounts of the solvent?

You got this man! Cool DMT is so benign...as long as you keep those doses low and always build up you will be safe.

Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

LongTimeWaiting
#5 Posted : 3/30/2019 11:12:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
When it all began, again I felt that intense pressure in my head. As intensity went up, I started feeling like there wasn't enough air in the room for me to breathe. By definition, hyperventilation is when you exhale more air than you inhale...I don't think I was ventilating in that sense, but rather just felt the desperate need to breathe as fast and deep as I possibly could. This, coupled with the very unpleasant feeling that there wasn't enough air in the room, even though I had the windows opened wide, created an extremely unpleasant sensation of almost suffocating...

I'm sure you have this wrong. Hyperventilation is when you have TOO MUCH oxygen in your body and not enough co2. In fact, breathing deep and fast is what caused your problems. This might sound strange, but too much oxygen is dangerous. Your body was out of balance, you didn't have enough co2. When you actually slow down your breathing and even hold your breath, the feeling will go away.

Look up the Wim Hof Method. I'll explain it briefly. The first part of the method requires you to "trick" your body into hyperventilating. During this time, your face may vibrate or your limbs and you might get light headed or dizzy. If you were to continue the first part of the method for longer than recommended, these feelings won't go away until you move on to the second part. The second part requires you to hold your breath as long as you can. This helps to increase your co2 levels. Then, you breath deep, exhale and hold for ten seconds, and you repeat that three-four times.

Breathing properly during the experience is important. I get panicky during intense experiences and if weren't for proper breathing techniques I'd have a panic attack every time.

The important thing to remember is your not actually suffocating, you're not without oxygen, you are actually with too much oxygen. Slow your heart rate down, calm down, slow your breathing, and hold. Try the method sober and the next time you feel a rush of panic or anxiety follow through with the method.

Nydex
#6 Posted : 3/30/2019 11:13:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all for giving me some input. I greatly appreciate it!

Tony6Strings wrote:
Nydex for what it's worth I recommend trying a small smoalk of spice all on its own. 25 mg or so in a glass pipe using a brillo plug in the bowl.

Yes Tony, I would very much like to try that but currently I don't have freebase. I will have to extract some when the time is right. I was just talking with a fellow nexian today about this, and he said he struggled with the body load of changa, but had an easier and more pleasant experience with freebase since it shoots you out through the cosmic cannon so fast you don't even have time to worry about your body or existence in this dimension. Maybe that's the key...Changa gives me too much time to recognize and ponder on the sensations of my body, and my ego grabs onto this reality and refuses to let go...

FranLover that's my plan man, somewhere remote and safe, but definitely outdoors. The confines of my apartment feel imprisoning and restrictive, which I associate on a subconscious level with restriction to growth and personal development, I guess...

I tried to dry out the changa as much as possible, and have been keeping it for over 3 weeks locked up in a jar with silica gel pellets on the bottom, sealed in the fridge...maybe I should leave it out to air dry for a few days just to be sure? The reason why I was quick to lock it up in a jar was because I had read oxygen exposure degrades spice quickly...but maybe it's worth a try.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Nydex
#7 Posted : 3/30/2019 11:18:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LongTimeWaiting wrote:
Quote:

I'm sure you have this wrong. Hyperventilation is when you have TOO MUCH oxygen in your body and not enough co2. In fact, breathing deep and fast is what caused your problems. This might sound strange, but too much oxygen is dangerous. Your body was out of balance, you didn't have enough co2. When you actually slow down your breathing and even hold your breath, the feeling will go away.

Look up the Wim Hof Method. I'll explain it briefly. The first part of the method requires you to "trick" your body into hyperventilating. During this time, your face may vibrate or your limbs and you might get light headed or dizzy. If you were to continue the first part of the method for longer than recommended, these feelings won't go away until you move on to the second part. The second part requires you to hold your breath as long as you can. This helps to increase your co2 levels. Then, you breath deep, exhale and hold for ten seconds, and you repeat that three-four times.

Breathing properly during the experience is important. I get panicky during intense experiences and if weren't for proper breathing techniques I'd have a panic attack every time.

The important thing to remember is your not actually suffocating, you're not without oxygen, you are actually with too much oxygen. Slow your heart rate down, calm down, slow your breathing, and hold. Try the method sober and the next time you feel a rush of panic or anxiety follow through with the method.

I've read and watched a lot about the Wim Hof method - both negative and positive feedback. Haven't tried it yet myself though.

What bothers me is that before I start the journey my breathing is alright. As soon as intensity rises, I start feeling like I'm not inhaling enough air, so instinctively my diaphragm starts the process of breathing faster and deeper. It's not something I consciously do, I feel like it's automated. That's what I find weird and unpleasant...if it were me who consciously started breathing super fast and deep because I thought that this would make my experience better then I would agree with you 100%, but that is just not the case. That's why I asked if other people have experienced this as well. Hope that makes sense.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

LongTimeWaiting
#8 Posted : 3/30/2019 11:25:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex wrote:
What bothers me is that before I start the journey my breathing is alright. As soon as intensity rises, I start feeling like I'm not inhaling enough air, so instinctively my diaphragm starts the process of breathing faster and deeper. It's not something I consciously do, I feel like it's automated. That's what I find weird and unpleasant...if it were me who consciously started breathing super fast and deep because I thought that this would make my experience better then I would agree with you 100%, but that is just not the case. That's why I asked if other people have experienced this as well. Hope that makes sense.

Whether you consciously do it or not, you're still breathing that way. Take people who are in a state of a panic attack. What do they do, they hyperventilate. They think they're not getting enough oxygen but they're getting too much oxygen. If these people would stop breathing so intensely, the panic will calm down. I'm not saying this will work for you, but I think you should at least try it. I've had two panic attacks in my life and I stopped them both by holding my breath and slowing down the process of breathing. This is what works for me. It's not a 100% guarantee it will work for you, but if nothing else works, try it out.

Nydex
#9 Posted : 3/30/2019 11:26:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks LTW. Once I trip outside, if it happens again I'll give it a go and let you know how it was...hopefully I find my way around this and actually get to enjoy changa. So far it's been a bumpy ride that I'm not completely satisfied with.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

LongTimeWaiting
#10 Posted : 3/30/2019 11:29:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good luck. I hope all goes well. Report back and let us know.

the_Architect
#11 Posted : 3/31/2019 10:07:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe it has to do with pre-flight anxiety...
I would recommend to start with a smaller dose, a third of what you normally take to breakthrough, and meditate a little bit. Then wait 30 mins and go for the Bthru dose.

Other companions can help... harmalas, rape snuff or LSD, they will help you relaxing you body and mind.

Another advice... some days... your mood might not be right, If you had a not so good first trip... don´t insist.
Other days, you get a very good first trip, then you feel is going to be fine to go for a sencond or third...

Find your time, approach it with a quiet mind
Best wishes
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna

doubledog
#12 Posted : 4/11/2019 4:07:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always have that feeling with changa and even with ayahuasca.

The breathing itself is and always was strong theme in my life (I am an asthmatic), so for me it is a good teaching from the plants, some form of guidance to focus more on breathing. Maybe I would describe it as a particular exercise or even form of task, which is given to me to pass.

I really appreciate how accurate and direct these plants are, even though the feeling is not very pleasant.