We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Intro essay Options

Aiko_Onday
#1 Posted : 4/8/2019 11:32:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello All.

I've been lurking on the Nexus for a few years, and just recently decided to become a member. I've extracted my own dmt several times and I consider myself fairly experienced when it comes to psychedelics.

I grew up in the Pacific northwest inside of a pretty lively rave scene. It is here that I had many of my first true "wowza" experiences, and where I first fell in love with psychedelics. I've come a long way since those days. I'm now married with two children, and another due in about a week. I still hold an intense interest and respect for psychedelics, though. I just have to be more responsible about my use. Which definitely isn't a bad thing.

I spent years addicted to heroin and meth. I was homeless at one point, living in a shack in the woods, too caught up in my addiction to care about the fact that, despite all the support in the world, I was missing out on a relationship with my first born daughter. I found every excuse in the world and blamed everyone around me for my lack of a relationship with her.

At some point, I moved back to my birth city of Louisville. It is around this time that things got really strange for me. After a few sessions with LSD and DMT, and a true introduction to the Dead, my whole life changed. Years later, I realize that I was going through a process of intense transformation. The hell of it was that it felt completely involuntary. I am more grateful now than I can even explain, but at the time, I definitely wasn't feeling it. Long story short, I got off of all the drugs, save for nicotine, alcohol, and psychoactives. The way I used psychoactives, however, completely changed. I began focusing more on "fixing" the parts of myself that I was less than impressed with, and learning how to be truly happy. I rekindled my relationship with my oldest daughter and had a new daughter as well, both of which I am positively head over heels for.

I currently view both dmt and other psychedelics as sort of "old friends". That is not to say that I am in any way above them, or that I've learned all that is to be learned. I simply mean to say that I've gotten much better at integrating my experiences in the psychedelic realm into my waking life, and I am living a much better life for it. I use psychedelics now as more of a meditation tool than anything, and I'm actually at a point where I prefer smaller doses. For the first time in my entire life I can say that I am proud of the person I am. I've learned how to let go, and how to love more deeply, and it feels pretty great.

Anyway. I'm really looking forward to exploring this site. Like I said, I've spent years in the sections on extraction teks etc. It is only recently that I've begun to look elsewhere on the site. So far, I can tell this is a truly wholesome place, and I can only hope to be a positive contribution to it.

Stay Funky

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Harmony โ™ฅ
#2 Posted : 4/10/2019 1:24:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Congratulations on how far you've come. Smile I'm sure it was not easy, but I'm happy you made it. I was fortune to not fall as heavy into the addictive stuff or become as alienated from my loved ones as you did, but I did also experience a transformation of personality away from more chaotic and destructive and towards something more harmonious, self-aware, and focused on self-improvement as a result of my use of psychedelics and other similar substances as well as practices like meditation, and I am eternally grateful to have had and still have them in my life.

Thank you for sharing your story and I hope you enjoy the forum!

hiser
#3 Posted : 4/11/2019 8:38:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hello, I recognize myself in some parts of your story, I too have come out of a long history of abuse, in my case cocaine. I lost touch with a lot of loved ones and didn't know where I was going. I met the DMT after about a year in which I had started my way back from that hopeless place where those substances know how to take you and it was an incredible and powerful turning point in my life. Thanks for your experience, we are all here to learn something.