We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
30:1 Caapi Resin for Changa Options

IceKnife
#1 Posted : 4/11/2019 6:02:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So i've been reading a lot of threads about changa and I'm finding conflicting information, maybe someone could set me straight-

On one side, I've heard that to make 10x leaf, you boil down some caapi leaves and evap the crude aqueous extract onto some fresh leaves.

So I came across the 30:1 resin which, to my knowledge is just caapi vines boiled the same way and reduced. I would think it would make sense that you could just reconstitute some of this in hot water and evap that on the caapi leaves / changa herbs instead.

But then I read that since the harmalas inside the caapi leaf / vine are in salt form, that it is way less efficient to smoke or vape them and get the same maoi effect as a FB harmala.

BUT i feel like since it's supposedly 30:1 it might be concentrated enough to still do something? I understand that those resins are unreliable as far as exact concentration but I'm willing to do some trial and error if there's any mileage to it.

If not I'm sure I can to a conversion tek on the resin to get FB but I'd love to just keep it simple.

Any thoughts?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

some one
#2 Posted : 4/14/2019 1:49:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use full spectrum caapi extract (same composition as found in the plants) for changa. No extracting isolate or freebasing. It works. Soak 9g caapi leafs in 96% ethanol for a month. Occasional shaking. Discard leafs. Evap on 1g of new caapi leafs gives 10x caapi extract.

Regarding the 30:1 caapi resin. You cant use this for changa directly because it still contains way too much inactive matter. But you can make changa from it with ethanol, see:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...s&m=917946#post91794

3x hot ethanol pulls. keep steering. Combine pulls into one and evap *. A dark red soft shatter hash like substance remains. This is your full spectrum extract, nectar of the gods. Dissolve some in ethanol, add around 0.3g extract per 1g herbs. Stir and evap. This is your base for changa (no DMT yet). Personally I smoke haramala-only leaf prior smoking DMT afterwards.

* I boiled the ethanol down on a double boiler with boiling water. The taste was very harsh, meaning the temp was too hot. Better is evap with fan over a +/-50 C water bath instead of boiling water.
some = one | here = some | there = one

IceKnife
#3 Posted : 4/16/2019 7:08:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ah thanks so much for that, I was super confused. I will definitely try this.

AldousHuxley
#4 Posted : 4/21/2019 8:28:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
I use full spectrum caapi extract (same composition as found in the plants) for changa. No extracting isolate or freebasing. It works. Soak 9g caapi leafs in 96% ethanol for a month. Occasional shaking. Discard leafs. Evap on 1g of new caapi leafs gives 10x caapi extract.

Regarding the 30:1 caapi resin. You cant use this for changa directly because it still contains way too much inactive matter. But you can make changa from it with ethanol, see:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...s&m=917946#post91794

3x hot ethanol pulls. keep steering. Combine pulls into one and evap *. A dark red soft shatter hash like substance remains. This is your full spectrum extract, nectar of the gods. Dissolve some in ethanol, add around 0.3g extract per 1g herbs. Stir and evap. This is your base for changa (no DMT yet). Personally I smoke haramala-only leaf prior smoking DMT afterwards.

* I boiled the ethanol down on a double boiler with boiling water. The taste was very harsh, meaning the temp was too hot. Better is evap with fan over a +/-50 C water bath instead of boiling water.

Thanks soo much for this Information, Someone! Just confronted with same intentions.
I wonder about the amount of Harmalas which we could get out with this procedure!?
I also have 5gr 30:1-b.caapi resin and I would prefer to come to 300mg harmalas per 1000mg DMT.
So.....do you have any reasonable approach how to calculate how much harmala we will get out of 1gr of 30:1-redin?

Would be very helpful!

Anyways.....thank you and namaste!

some one
#5 Posted : 4/29/2019 12:47:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You're welcome.

Regarding how much full spectrum extract to use for the changa ratio, that's hard to say. I haven't made Changa out of it myself, only used it for oral drinking. For oral dosing harmalas doesn't need to be precise compared to dmt so I didn't bother to much calculating exact harmalas dosage in the extract.

You could go by 2% harmalas content. If you have 5g 30:1, that's 5x30 = 150 gram leaf => 2% of 150 = 3g harmalas. You could add 9g leaf/herbs to all of your extract to get 1x leaf per 0.3x halamas. Note that the extract might weight more than 3g due to additional elements. Just add 9g of herbs no matter how much the extract weights going by 2% active alkaloid content. Of course there will be a limit to the extract to herb ratio smoking wise, especially if you want to add dmt. Again, I prefer to smoke dmt separately after the harmalas leaf so it takes less tokes to get all dmt in. But that's personal.

This all is just a rough guide and estimation. You'd need to test and experiment. Hope this helps.
some = one | here = some | there = one

vin9x
#6 Posted : 6/11/2021 4:33:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you do a comparison between oral dosage of the raw 30:1 resin extract and your cleaned up tincture to get an estimate for the relative yield?
Also, did you dilute the resin in warm water first or did you put it in ethanol right away?

vin9x
#7 Posted : 6/11/2021 6:33:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
You're welcome.

...For notification.