We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
espressohuasca Options

azrael
#1 Posted : 12/7/2009 10:33:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Reading that Strassman thread, I thought I'd try out the rue in an espresso machine. I used 5g, assuming that the lower volume of water might be less efficient - and even if it extracted everything I'm familiar and comfortable with doses of 5g.

It works. Still smells like shit, but minimal mess and hassle. Combined with ~100mg of fumarate, which was consumed 5 minutes after the ruespresso was gulped down - much easier than drinking boiled/filtered rue tea. 10 minutes later I ate a small piece of fresh ginger root because there was some nausea. This calmed my stomach quickly and there were no later thoughts on the contents of my stomach. Standard experience: strong come up, peak around T90, face felt like I'd smoked spice, waves of aftershock for the next couple of hours.

I've also tried caapi through the espresso maker, it does work as well but doesn't seem to get it all out in one cup (thus my thought for 5g of rue). Maybe if the vine is abundant and whoever's making it is only microdosing, this would be a good route. Caapi tea is probably best done through cold brew to preserve all the contents anyway.

The next test would be on mimosa powder through the espresso machine. I'm not sure if the temperature is so high that the alkaloids will break down, but the water that comes out is definitely not boiling. It would be excellent if a level of this simplicity were available for a quick little mimosahusca.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

biopsylo
#2 Posted : 12/7/2009 10:58:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

glad to hear that an espresso machine worked for rue seeds. did you grind them first??\

too funny. great concept, not sure i like the name, thoConfused but chacruna is related to coffee, right? and the first time i made ayahuasca, it did taste like espresso!! Laughing it is just sometimes the nicknames people give entheogens seem to bellittle them...eg. 'deemsters'

the steam is 100c/212f, so not too hot.?.

azrael
#3 Posted : 12/8/2009 12:55:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, ground them to a powder. Was aiming for what looked like the rue version of "esspreso grind" for coffee - real fine but not quite dust.

Hah, yeah, the name could use work. Baristahuasca is fun to say, as is Baristahuasquero. I kid, I kid Pleased

I guess just considering it a process of preparation as opposed to a new concoction would be more respectable: "western ayahuasca through an espresso machine" or something like that? It's more of an alternative lazyman's pharma than anything at this point.

dmt has a boiling point of 60c-80c, so in theory it may not work. I'm hoping that the machine makes it quickly enough so that the dmt won't have time to be fully destroyed by the heat or it will have the opportunity to condense.

biopsylo
#4 Posted : 12/8/2009 2:41:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i didnt realize dmt had a boiling point so low.
how does boiling for hours in an A/B tek effect the spice? does some evaporate to atmosphere?

ok, right now i am recalling someone attempting to put salt spice into an atomizer, sort of like an asthma inhaler. i cant remember if it was here at the nexus or not, nor if it was successful.

azrael
#5 Posted : 12/9/2009 11:21:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, low BP is why you don't let the flame touch the spice when smoking.

In A/B, the dmt combines with your acid to become a salt. This makes it water soluble and increases its boiling point beyond that of water so that boiling it all will not break it down. So once it's in its salt form (acetate, citrate, fumarate, phosphate, etc) it can boil safely. Some spice will probably be lost depending on the method used and there are ways to minimize loss explained on other posts.

Dunno bout the atomizer with a salt form, maybe they were talking about a vaporizer? My guess would be that salted dmt wouldn't work unless you wasted a very large amount of spice.

azrael
#6 Posted : 12/11/2009 8:52:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

^^ The fibers in mimosa clog the espresso filter. Some juice can come through, removing and stirring can help, but overall the method would need some modifications beyond a quick grind'n'steam. The mimosa flavor is quite concentrated too Pleased

Maybe if all the fibers were pulled out after grinding and had the powder shaken off? Dunno, seems verging on too wasteful imho. I'm sure there's a way to minimize loss, but the effort required might start to rival that of a good ol' fashioned boil or cold brew. Still, the elves should pursue all avenues of research in the name of science Twisted Evil