We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Did Buddha regret leaving his wife and child? Options

AcaciaConfusedYah
#1 Posted : 4/2/2019 4:40:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Let it be...
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

IIYI
#2 Posted : 4/3/2019 3:24:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much for shared thoughts brother .
I enjoy every one of your comments.

Love and positive vibrations. Love
Phylogeny repeats Ontogeny - IIYI

Jees
#3 Posted : 4/3/2019 4:26:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Edit, OOps wrong post, hello then Pleased

Being here anyway:
Buddha having regret about this or that:
isn't that the kind of emotions that he tried to overcome? Because regretting is like longing for something else to have happened in the past. On his path toward lesser suffering these emotions might be quite mastered by the buddha?

ghrue84
#4 Posted : 4/3/2019 9:11:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Only Buddha knows.

#5 Posted : 4/4/2019 1:52:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

along the way, on his journey, he will have missed them because leaving them did not remove the attachment to them.

after "his" insight experience "he" knew "he" did "the right thing".

for me the puzzle is coming together as well. language is "the prison" and
all we can perceive of the world are concepts that we indirectly perceive via
language.

this is why one can philosphy for lifetimes and will never be completely free.
language is the last barrier to be overcome, if *the self*(?!) dies, language dies
and the prison door swings open.

if anybody says "i got it" he just jumped right back into it...

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 4/4/2019 2:43:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is an intense story, about you seeing yourself. Maybe, if you where not supposed to see yourself, you are also not realy supposed to know the reason why you're there.

And it could be anything. We could speculate endlessly. Do you trust yourself to have a good reason to go "back or forwards" ?

If so, then you probably have no real reason to worry about it. It is probably best to simply allow "yourself" to do what you came for.

But that's just what i think i would do.

Icyseeker
#7 Posted : 4/5/2019 3:43:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Buddha had already given them up by the time he sat underneath the bohdi tree. His quest in his mind was sink or swim. Of course in the beginning he probably missed his family. But his quest was one that meant the ending of suffering for all beings. In this way when he realized enlightenment he spread the path to all he met. I truly think that he would have chosen to willingly reincarnate if that would enlighten at a faster rate than the other options that are available to an enlightened being.

Buddha also taught that we have been on this wheel so long that every being has been our parents at one point so perhaps he realized a greater love for that of all beings.
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

AcaciaConfusedYah
#8 Posted : 4/6/2019 6:15:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Let it be...

AcaciaConfusedYah
#9 Posted : 4/7/2019 4:58:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Let it be...

AcaciaConfusedYah
#10 Posted : 4/7/2019 5:18:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Let it be.

Icyseeker
#11 Posted : 4/17/2019 2:28:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a few more thoughts about Buddha that I wanted to get down here. I think buddha's enlightenment was reaching of complete love and becoming on the same level of a space elf. I also think that his goal was to bring as many people to this more advanced way of being as possible. This is why he chose his way after enlightenment. He could have chosen to go back to his family and live the rest of his life out as a father and prince. But he chose to guide others to the level of his insight and in his wisdom he set up the 8 fold path. I think that desires are a holding a lot of people back. After all how are you going to become as smart as a self transforming elf machine if your to busy with normal human life. I am not saying that there is any thing wrong with normal human life I am just saying that if you want to become a self transforming elf machine you have to put in the hours. Razz

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

AcaciaConfusedYah
#12 Posted : 4/17/2019 6:17:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Icyseeker
#13 Posted : 4/18/2019 1:47:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has a lot of potential. A few things I would like to comment on. First of all your pretty much all your sci-fi/concepts need a better explanation. I know this is just a small taste but I think that you have to think more about your concepts and how you explain them. Because they may make sense to you because you created them and put possibly experienced them. But to most people it will go over their heads. A lot of your concepts seem like they would make the average engineer mad Razz. Secondly I feel like people would not procrastinate if they knew they had only a few centuries to dream up a new universe. Are you going to try weaving time travel into the narrative or just space manipulation? Is there no way to reverse the damage done to the universe?

So yeah basically I am just recommending going through your stories with a fine tooth comb and making things make sense to an "average" reader. Convolution, Convolution, Convolution.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#14 Posted : 4/21/2019 6:08:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gonna let it be.

Icyseeker
#15 Posted : 4/22/2019 3:45:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad to hear that I can help Smile. Ok I wasn't sure who the target demographic was but it is not focused on the "average reader" than I think it your stories will shine brighter.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#16 Posted : 4/27/2019 8:25:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just gonna let it be.

Rising Spirit
#17 Posted : 5/24/2019 4:57:46 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

No one can say with any degree of certainty, what the historical Buddha thought about this matter, as any words of his are filtered through millennia of interpretations. I have often felt that were his "enlightenment" possible without the extreme austerities he practiced, he needn't have deserted his wife and child. But that was his destiny and each soul follows their own path.

I am, however, certain that he never regretted anything about his mortal existence. His views on Samskara are well recorded by his disciples. At least, regarding celibacy and worldly possessions. Perhaps in this time period his life would be somewhat different? Again, it's complete conjecture on our parts to ponder over his regrets or lack of regrets.

While this notion is most intriguing, it really serves us little to conceptualize about another's experiences. What is primary is the example he left and his profound teachings. It's all about stopping the mind and taking direct immersion within the Infinite Light of this present moment, perpetually awakening, right here and now, an eternity in the making. Stop

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

OneIsEros
#18 Posted : 10/11/2019 11:23:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With the exception of the Khudakka Nikaya, I have read all of the Pali suttas.

Remorse is repeatedly described as an obstacle to the path.

I suspect he wrestled with that obstacle a lot prior to his enlightenment. As described in the Pali literature, he probably would not have experienced remorse post-enlightenment.

How the historical Gautama actually felt? No one knows. He might not even have been a historical person. Everything was written down 500 years after he lived.

dragonrider
#19 Posted : 10/11/2019 12:51:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OneIsEros wrote:
Remorse is repeatedly described as an obstacle to the path.

I suspect he wrestled with that obstacle a lot prior to his enlightenment. As described in the Pali literature, he probably would not have experienced remorse post-enlightenment.

If the path he choose was the best path, then remorse would not have been a usefull emotion. But regret still would have been.

You can not realy be an enlightened person if you are careless about other people's pain.

The difference between remorse and regret is that you can regret having been in the position where you had to make that choice. You can regret karma.

blue.magic
#20 Posted : 10/14/2019 2:56:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When Buddha's father tried to slap him with his past, he replied that the son he talks to is not there.

So I doubt he regreted. He considered himself a different person, detached from his past.

12NEXT