We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Australia NSW Acacia Options

KB181
#1 Posted : 4/4/2019 5:31:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everybody , I have been lurking these forums for years with out becoming a member ,
But the time has come to become one as I am ready to do my first extraction.

I just need some help on indentification , were I live these acacias grow by the thousands.

Please can someone confirm ?

I believe 1 is a meidini and other confusa?

Meidini having long flower and confusa with a bulb flower
?

https://imgur.com/a/z0fh4oR

Thanks heaps

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

acacian
#2 Posted : 4/4/2019 8:54:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Smile

..neither of these are maidenii nor confusa - firstly Acacia Confusa does not grow in Australia and has distinctly differen't traits and secondly the presence of ball or rod flowers doesn't narrow it down much I'm afraid - remember there are over 900 species of acacia in Australia alone - all of which have either rod or ball flowers. I think to find the trees you are after you will need to do a little more research on the characteristics that define the differen't species .. as the differences can be a little more subtle than the presence of ball or rod flowers.

I would suggest getting some good books on native flora (Acacias of Australia vol 1 & 2 by Marion Simmons are very good) or checking out some websites (PlantNET and worldwidewattle are good ones) to aquaint yourself with some of the botanical terminology as it will give you a better grasp on identifying species

KB181
#3 Posted : 4/4/2019 9:03:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Smile

Oh what a bummer , I was very excited after having a plant Id application confirm confusa, I believe confusa does grow in Australia , According to .
I am finding it hard to see a difference as these plants a young and only just started to flower , maybe a burn test ?
I shall continue my search .

Thank you very much .

Mod: Source removed. Please no linking or talk of dried material sources

KB181
#4 Posted : 4/4/2019 11:50:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Would you happen to know what acacias they are and ifif they have correct alkaloids or enough?

acacian
#5 Posted : 4/4/2019 12:02:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If it does its only by propagation.. certainly plenty of people like to grow it but its not native and as far as I know isn't naturalised either in Australia - my guess is that they are ordering the rootbark in bulk and then selling domestically .. probably for a higher price- the amount of time confusa has been known to contain alks is not that long (it became the buzz after mimosa hostilis import came under the radar and has only really caught on over the past few years )- so I very much doubt that confusa has been grown to full size in Australia on any kind of commercial scale.. I could be wrong though

The main give away with that first tree you posted is the blue colour of the phyllodes as well as only having a single vein.. maidenii has lots of finer nerve networks and confusa has several longitudinal veins..

I would suggest looking into Acacia Floribunda - it is commonly grown in urban areas and is also naturalised in plenty of other areas in Australia.. some trees seem to not be active but if you get them from the right area/right strain they are fantastic to work with ..

acacian
#6 Posted : 4/4/2019 12:04:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the first one looks similar to rubida but is different.. no idea if it is active although I would say probably not.. the second one is acacia sophorae.. is worthy of investigating. I believe people have had one off successes with them in the past but they are generally unreliable. I would be interested to hear of any experiments with it if you decided to give it a go..

Also, don't take the bark off of the trees if they are active then the phyllodes and twigs will be ok to use and won't harm the tree

KB181
#7 Posted : 4/4/2019 12:39:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you so much !

Your information has helped me greatly!

Is the easiest way to see if they are active is by doing a acid tek and seeing if any crystals appear ?

Thanks very much again!

acacian
#8 Posted : 4/4/2019 12:49:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

KB181 wrote:
Thank you so much !

Your information has helped me greatly!

Is the easiest way to see if they are active is by doing a acid tek and seeing if any crystals appear ?

Thanks very much again!

yes easiest way is by doing a small extract (200g is a good amount to gauage whether it will be worth using).. and be prepared to get an oily extract.. they are often highly active and potent so don't be fooled by the appearance -extracts are actually rarely white crystals from acacia unless you are using a super clean tree .. and even then sometimes they just don't like to yield crystals. Lack of crystals definitely doesn't mean that what you have isn't or doesn't contain dmt

KB181
#9 Posted : 4/5/2019 2:44:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Heya again!

I have some more photos of the whole trees plus a new one at the end of the photos could you please have a look?

https://imgur.com/a/9LzpHqd

Thanks very much

acacian
#10 Posted : 4/5/2019 4:23:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Smile

first three photos are Acacia Falcata (as was the one in your previous posts which I couldn't figure out).. followed by what seems to be acacia longifolia in the next 5 photos.. and then the last ones looks like it could be some variety of Acacia Floribunda (does it only have the central vein or are there numerous longitudinal nerves as well?) - floribunda is generally regarded as having a more weeping habit and more papery phyllodes however it is definitely variable and depending on the area it is quite common for them to having slightly tougher phyllodes... check if they have a basal gland and if they don't it should be floribunda

.. can't say for certain on those last photos

KB181
#11 Posted : 4/6/2019 3:25:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good afternoon Very happy

I have some more photos of the last tree.

I believe it has glands ?

Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/RVgclad

KB181
#12 Posted : 4/15/2019 5:22:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for double post but one has an update for the suspected florbunda , I have done stb lazyman extraction a few times every time It seems one could smell maybe dmt , yellow naphtha liquid fab dried left a sticky wax , tested snow cone style maybe some triptamine was generally a boost in mood, but after doing this with 1kg of wet plant It is not viable to use that plant as the collection wouldnโ€™t of even been point or 2 , I left caustic soda and plant material sit for 3 days and extracted again this time with quick fan evap than freezer , 24 hours and nothing, I have now moved naphtha mix into smaller container and trying to freeze but I donโ€™t think it will work .

[quote=acacian]Hey Smile

first three photos are Acacia Falcata (as was the one in your previous posts which I couldn't figure out).. followed by what seems to be acacia longifolia in the next 5 photos.. and then the last ones looks like it could be some variety of Acacia Floribunda (does it only have the central vein or are there numerous longitudinal nerves as well?) - floribunda is generally regarded as having a more weeping habit and more papery phyllodes however it is definitely variable and depending on the area it is quite common for them to having slightly tougher phyllodes... check if they have a basal gland and if they don't it should

I am going to go for a bush walk and than a beach walk and see if I can find anything better , the previous trees I am looking at are all up and down the highways upgrades , I believe maybe they have not so active species .

Thanks again for all your help , I have been finding your sig links very helpful

KB181
#13 Posted : 4/16/2019 9:08:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Heya , again sorry for double post but I have more information .

After bush walk I come across this tree , my plant identification application is very confusa trigger happy haha.

But I thought it may be worth posting here .

https://imgur.com/a/kRv8nNC

KB181
#14 Posted : 4/29/2019 1:52:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Again for anyone who maybe looking , still gathering samples and only finding minimal yields , i was told by someone that the government is onto the acacias containing plants and are trying to breed them out by x breeding (graphing ) to make a lower yielding plant , hence why the highways /council/forestry plants are pretty much useless.

I have done some test on suspected longifolia.s from beach that came not suitable , maybe time of year or rain?

I am currently interested in the old girl , may someone please help id? I will post to acacia Iโ€™d thread if no help here .

Here is link

https://imgur.com/a/xCcTuPe

Stop

acacian
#15 Posted : 4/29/2019 10:12:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

KB181 wrote:
Hey Again for anyone who maybe looking , still gathering samples and only finding minimal yields , i was told by someone that the government is onto the acacias containing plants and are trying to breed them out by x breeding (graphing ) to make a lower yielding plant , hence why the highways /council/forestry plants are pretty much useless.

I have done some test on suspected longifolia.s from beach that came not suitable , maybe time of year or rain?

I am currently interested in the old girl , may someone please help id? I will post to acacia Iโ€™d thread if no help here .

Here is link

https://imgur.com/a/xCcTuPe

Stop

That is pure speculation on their part ... the majority of council planted acacias are not active anyways.. with exception to floribunda/longifolia.. but those are already two complex plants that we haven't quite cracked.. only certain strains of longifolia are active and floribunda hasn't been known to be active for long enough for any crackdown to have occurred and people have been finding them very on and off since well before it was in the public eye..

...in fact I don't believe there are any formal findings of DMT in acacia floribunda.. just a strong indicator of alkaloids in CSIRO paper. So for a government to be cracking down on a tree that is not even popular for dmt extraction doesn't make a lot of sense... Some people just don't know very much about acacias and when they don't have a positive yield they jump to conclusions as to why.. acacias are complex and their alkaloid production is sensitive to a variety of factors. I have found council planted ones highly active in some areas

the tree in your photo looks a lot like acacia melanoxyn ..

KB181
#16 Posted : 4/29/2019 11:55:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[/quote]
That is pure speculation on their part ... the majority of council planted acacias are not active anyways.. with exception to floribunda/longifolia.. but those are already two complex plants that we haven't quite cracked.. only certain strains of longifolia are active and floribunda hasn't been known to be active for long enough for any crackdown to have occurred and people have been finding them very on and off since well before it was in the public eye..

...in fact I don't believe there are any formal findings of DMT in acacia floribunda.. just a strong indicator of alkaloids in CSIRO paper. So for a government to be cracking down on a tree that is not even popular for dmt extraction doesn't make a lot of sense... Some people just don't know very much about acacias and when they don't have a positive yield they jump to conclusions as to why.. acacias are complex and their alkaloid production is sensitive to a variety of factors. I have found council planted ones highly active in some areas

the tree in your photo looks a lot like acacia melanoxyn ..

[/quote]

Thanks again for your input !

Deleted part of this for reasons .

He also said the plants I am finding are active but bulk material is used to get a decent amount of yield , I personally seen a person harvesting a trailer load which sparked my interest late last year when the flowers had died . When I told the person with info he said he knows the guy who was harvesting on the side of the road and was indeed doing an bulk extraction . (This is the first few acacias I posted which are growing on the side of a highway maybe 3-4 years old .

Thanks again for your guidance it is very helpful and I appreciate i

Edit : Also I am wondering should I just post my tree findings on acacia Id thread? It seems pretty quite atm.
Can you also please tell me the amounts of chemicals for 200g of green material you personally use as testing tress with extraction comes expensive , I should just buy a tlc kit , what do you recommend ? I have been following first lazyman tek now Cybs salt both appear to give around same results which is usually a yellowly substance most likely fat and oils .

acacian
#17 Posted : 4/30/2019 12:37:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah the i.d thread will keep the forums cleaner..

It is possible that some of them are active but you are better off finding a source that yields a little better so that you aren't taking crazy amounts of material.. its not good for the tree. Read the acacia info thread in my signature.. that thread is the single largest collection of info on acacia that I have come across. Spend a few days reading the whole thread and you won't need to ask many of the questions you are asking Smile

Melanoxyn has been known to yield in some instances but it seems only certain types are active.. it grows in a lot of areas and its characteristics vary from area to area. It is an amazing tree it is one I have always wanted to test in certain areas but have never gotten the time.. some melanoxyns definitely have 'the vibe'.

Might sound silly to some.. but I also think there is a lot to be said in simply following your intuition on your search.. sometimes the best tree to investigate is just the one that takes your attention and gives you a gut feeling. Trees have their own way of getting your attention if you are willing to listen

KB181
#18 Posted : 6/26/2019 12:08:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Acacian,

Thanks for all the information you have pushed me towards,
I would like to say your id of the acacia melanoxylon is correct , after inspection a few days ago bulb flowers are appearing Smile
I have a good idea for what I am looking for thanks to you and fellow nexiuns ! Cheers

Plutralias
#19 Posted : 7/18/2019 3:36:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is anyone able to contact me privately for an obvious (but must remain ambiguous) reason?

Aysha87
#20 Posted : 10/27/2020 8:51:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It says new members can only contact moderators...

12NEXT