We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Amazonian Psychoactive Indoles: A Review From Ethnobotany- Evolution of a Discipline Options

'Coatl
#1 Posted : 10/10/2009 9:25:21 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Please see page #344 through #348 of Ethnobotany- Evolution of a Discipline By Richard Evans Schultes

In this thread I'd like to discuss a chapter from the book Ethnobotany- Evolution of a Discipline By Richard Evans Schultes called Amazonian Psychoactive Indoles: A Review.

My first question is about a few compounds which I have never heard about before.

Have any of your ever heard of N-Methyltryptamine(MMT or NMT), 5-Methoxy-N-Methyltryptamine(5-MeO-MMT) or 2-Methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-B-carboline (MTHC)?

I personally have never heard of these compounds before, or if so, only in passing. I feel that these compounds may be as interesting as THH or perhaps even more so!

These compounds occurs in Virola, Yopo, Diplopterys and other Ayahuasca related botanicals.

Where is 69ron when you need him? 69ron if you reading this PLEASE POST! Just for me! Please?

We miss you 69ron!!!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 10/13/2009 3:35:05 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Has anybody ever used these compounds?

Do y'all know how to extract them?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

#3 Posted : 10/14/2009 12:05:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good luck extracting them and getting them singled out. Thats not going to be an easy process

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 10/14/2009 1:11:53 AM

Teotzlcoatl

That is y'all's job, not mine Smile

My job is to grow them!

soulfood
#5 Posted : 10/14/2009 3:40:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

'Coatl wrote:

Where is 69ron when you need him? 69ron if you reading this PLEASE POST! Just for me! Please?

We miss you 69ron!!!

He's away studying other things for a while, I think.

Is it possible to read this online? It says no preview available.

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 10/14/2009 5:17:01 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Well I hope 69ron comes back!

You can't read all of it but you should be able to read some of it in the link above.

I encourage you to get the book!

neuro_rocket
#7 Posted : 10/14/2009 7:09:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In 'Tihkal' Shulgin synthesized NMT http://www.erowid.org/li...e/tihkal/tihkal50.shtml.

He doesn't try it but in the 'Extensions and Commentary' section he writes

'To my knowledge there have been no reports of oral activity of NMT, although its wide availability from botanic sources has encouraged some explorers to assay it. I have had one report that the smoking of 50-100 mg gave visuals that lasted for maybe 15 seconds. The N-hydroxy analogue has been noted as being found in plants, in the "DMT is Everywhere" chapter.'

If anyone has the book they might be able to find more information in the 'DMT is Everywhere' chapter.
I'm mad as a hatter and a compulsive liar.
Nothing I say is true or should be mistaken for the truth.

'Coatl
#8 Posted : 10/14/2009 7:30:45 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I just wonder what these compounds would do when mixed with smoked or oral DMT?

'Coatl
#9 Posted : 12/10/2009 4:10:24 AM

Teotzlcoatl

69ron please comment on this thread if your not busy.

Oncewas
#10 Posted : 12/10/2009 6:03:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

15 seconds? Sounds like body is breaking it down into something else very fast. Maybe an MAOI RIMA would help the endurance?

This makes me really curious but it also seems like a hard undertaking to try results of a pure product. I'd imagine a chromotography column would be a necessity for the seperation of these chemicals.

69ron
#11 Posted : 12/10/2009 7:57:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry 'Coatl, I've read quite a bit on the subject and there's little information on MMT, 5-MeO-MMT or MTHC.

MMT and MTHC are present in Diplopterys cabrerana in additional to DMT, DMT-N-Oxide, bufotenine, and 5-MeO-DMT.

DMT has an XlogP of 2.0.
5-MeO-DMT has an XlogP of 1.9.
MMT has an XlogP of 1.8.
MTHC (also known as methyltryptoline) has an XlogP of 1.7.
DMT-N-Oxide has an XlogP of 1.7.
Bufotenine has an XlogP of 1.6.

Judging by the XLogP information, MMT could be separated from the others by column chromatography, but MTHC would not be so easy to separate.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

'Coatl
#12 Posted : 12/10/2009 8:14:39 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Thanks 69ron I was waiting for you to comment Smile

I think these compounds could be as important (or more important) than THH (which to me was revolutionary when we first begin discovering it's effects).

nadir
#13 Posted : 12/10/2009 8:58:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

heard that NMT is inactive even at high doses.
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

'Coatl
#14 Posted : 12/10/2009 9:11:43 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Inactive when taken alone... but what does it do in combination with other compounds like DMT?

Thanks for the input!