We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
first extraction ? opinions? Options

nickesp94
#1 Posted : 12/10/2009 12:57:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok so this is my first extraction I guess im pretty nervouse cuz I dnt no anyone that does this in south florida(where I live) like no one has evr heard of it ...soo any way my acid im using distilled white vinager... my base is gonna be sodium carbonate. And my defat (solution I think is the right term) is gonna be naptha (zipo lighter fluid).......Im kinda of nervouse about ssmoking something that was made with lighter fluid , and pool chemicals.. I know I sound like a noob cuase I am nd its my first time soo please help

Ps. When I first smoke it I no people say start at 25 mg but how would no how much that is??

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 12/10/2009 1:07:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

First of all, welcome Smile

Secondly, get some milligram scales. Very important because this stuff is as potent as.

Lighter fluid evaporates completely, so just make sure it has dried thoroughly before you smoke and all should be fine.

Vinegar is a great acid to use because it evaporates away nicely so it won't get more acidic as you reduce it down. Reducing is very important as you are using sodium carbonate which is quite a weak base so the volume of liquid is going to go up quite a lot when you convert your collective bark/acid solution to your base solution.

As long as you end up with nice white crystals, do not worry. I've never come across a chemical that has such a lack of nasty effects both long and short term. Just prepare yourself for the intensity of the journey and you shall be fine.

Anything you're not sure about just post here, because we all love to help Smile

Good luck!

nickesp94
#3 Posted : 12/10/2009 2:03:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok thanks a lot I really want to do this all my friends down here are critising me. Saying im making crack and stuff. Ill show them lol...soo I don't quite understand what you mean by my "liquid being in more volume" and I no I would use lye but they dnt sell it at home depot and its impossible for me to obtain it online... is there any stronger base? That I can use?

darkstate
#4 Posted : 12/10/2009 2:04:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there! Yep I agree with soulfood, definitely try to get some mg scales if you can it will make sure your journey is not over the top or not enough to send you on you way.

As for the preparation, naptha wasn't something that was readily available in a large enough quantity in the brand that is most recommended (VM&P) where SWIM lives, so he used Hexane instead. Soulfood has given some good advice below on the prep, so you should be good to go.

With regards to dose, SWIM started with 25mg in a home made bulb vaporiser around 3 months ago and he thought it was superb. Even he loaded it with just 25mg to start with, he said it was a nice introduction to the possibilities of this amazing molecule.

With SWIM's delivery device, there was always some residue left over once the smoke settles, so you ain't gonna get the full 25mg unless you use a device that is better than say, what he has (SWIM heard 'the machine' is a pretty good device to deliver the payload although SWIN hasn't tried it yet) you ain't gonna get the full amount in your lungs anyway.

SWIM was that impressed with the results, he ordered up some ingredients to make some Changa.

Look forward to hearing about your trip report. Enjoy!
"In chemistry, not quite right means out and out wrong" - Alexander Shulgin

antrocles
#5 Posted : 12/10/2009 2:50:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Anything you're not sure about just post here, because we all love to help Smile

amen. you have found the most righteous forum on the web my friend. a true case-study in the power of people helping people for the greater (est) good!

now be sure to write up a nice report of your experiences my friend, so that we can all learn and grow through you!

much love and gratitude!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

soulfood
#6 Posted : 12/10/2009 3:11:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nickesp94 wrote:
Ok thanks a lot I really want to do this all my friends down here are critising me. Saying im making crack and stuff. Ill show them lol...

You so will Smile

nickesp94 wrote:

soo I don't quite understand what you mean by my "liquid being in more volume" and I no I would use lye but they dnt sell it at home depot and its impossible for me to obtain it online... is there any stronger base? That I can use?

What I mean by this is that you have to add more sodium carbonate to get the pH as high as needed than you would lye. So the more sodium carbonate you have to add, the more water that is needed to disolve it, otherwise it will just start collecting at the bottom of your vessel and it won't dissolve.

nickesp94
#7 Posted : 12/10/2009 4:11:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh ok is that a bad thing? That I have to use more water....and for the record disolving doesn't need heat right... sory for the noob talk

soulfood
#8 Posted : 12/10/2009 4:14:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's just annoying to have too much water, because ultimately it means doing more pulls with the solvent.

You don't need heat to disolve sodium carbonate.

nickesp94
#9 Posted : 12/10/2009 4:34:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Lol ok I no im getting anoying so iyou don't have to answer this I understand.but.. The tek im using doesn't say "pull" I probally no what it is my tek just doesn't use that word so wat do u mean by that

soulfood
#10 Posted : 12/10/2009 4:36:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's when you mix the solvent into your soup and then take it out thus PULLing the alkaloids out of the mix.

What tek are you using?

nickesp94
#11 Posted : 12/10/2009 4:55:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Some eroid one that's pretty basic.. Why do you no an a\b tek that's pretty easy to understand?

w0mbat
#12 Posted : 12/10/2009 5:28:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a STB tek that uses nontoxic D-limonene instead of naptha, and food-safe pickling lime (calcium hydroxide) instead of lye. You can get both of these easily - SWIM got pickling lime from walmart, and d-limonene from a vendor in florida (greenterpene).

I could not find the thread but this one is essentially the same tek, but with san pedro instead of mhrb. You can essentially follow it word for word, just change San Pedro to MHRB. It's STB so you don't even need to do an acid cook, potentially reducing the amount of n-oxide formed.

I highly recommend sticking with non-toxic/non-flammable/food-safe reagents, especially if this is your first tek. Kitchen chemistry can be very tedious, you never know when something can go wrong. If you use safer stuff the potential for disaster is greatly reduced.
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

nickesp94
#13 Posted : 12/10/2009 7:07:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh ok I think Ill do that but im using philaris would it still work? And would food safe materials be potent enough to properly extract the spice in crysrals

acolon_5
#14 Posted : 12/10/2009 7:48:16 PM

The Great Namah

^, I don't know anyone that has succesfully extracted from phalaris grass....ever.

You'll need to defat A LOT, and even then you'll be looking at a mix of alkaloids, some of them possibly dangerous.

I highly suggest that you:

A) read through a standard A/B tek (look at DMT Wiki section or someone might post a link for you), Erowid has out of date teks that might not work very well for you. I suggest not using that tek.

B) I would not do a STB on grass, that's going to be a huge mess, and probably a giant waste of you time and money.

C) get some mimosa, it's very cheap to get an oz or two of the stuff

d) read over the General Extraction Help thread.

e) continue to ask for assistance as needed.

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

nickesp94
#15 Posted : 12/10/2009 8:15:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could I get mimosa at a store instead of online or is it hard to find?

۩
#16 Posted : 12/10/2009 8:17:38 PM

nickesp94 wrote:
Could I get mimosa at a store instead of online or is it hard to find?

Do yourself a favor and spend some time actually reading the content available on this forum.