We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Autumn Olive (E. umbellata) Workspace Options

DMTbenderDMT
#61 Posted : 7/7/2014 6:49:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

is it possible to chew the leaves and let them soak in your mouth. sub lingual i think, right?

how many leaves do you think would be necessary to feel the effects/inhibition.
or am i barking up the wrong tree

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Felnik
#62 Posted : 7/7/2014 9:56:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting idea , funny I never thought of this .
I know it would work I just don't know how many leaves you would need .
Worth possible investigation .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Chimp Z
#63 Posted : 7/8/2014 6:25:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try the ska la pastora method.
Leaf cigar. 30 leaves or 15 large ones.

DMTbenderDMT
#64 Posted : 7/10/2014 8:07:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I tried somethinng.i want to say I picked 15 small leaves chewed them until pasty and the stuck it under my tounge.

Could feel slight tingly sensensation. I probably let the leaves sit in my mouth for 20 minutes then i spat the out.

Iwant to say in about 45 minutes to 1 hr after spitting i think i noticed a some effects, slight gut discomforts. Could be coincidence or palcebo.

Defiantly going to try and brew about 30-40 leaves this weekend.

Im using fresh materials but ill be drying some and trying exteactions soon.

Hopefully some better chemist jump on board soon. Ive tried rue extraction but failed in the past

jamie
#65 Posted : 7/11/2014 1:54:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Im gunna go out on a limb here and say that that is not enough for psycho-activity. I have smoked russian olive bark and there is harmalas in there, but for sublingual effects I would extract some. 15 small russian olive leaves is not really much at all.
Long live the unwoke.

DMTbenderDMT
#66 Posted : 7/11/2014 2:37:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

good to know, im pretty sure i was dehydrated at the time so that could do it ha-ha.

more science is needed

blueshake
#67 Posted : 7/11/2014 9:40:28 AM

nanite

Could we rename the thread for Elaeagnaceae thread or Oleaster family thread? There would be no need for doing single threads about the russian olive or sea-buckthorn. Currently I'm extracting 100g of sea-buckthorn leaves. Then will try to post results.

downwardsfromzero
#68 Posted : 7/16/2014 2:15:19 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Well, my E. angustifolia seedlings all died, but it's not native to where I live so, as far as Elaeagnaceae goes, I'll pick some sea buckthorn if I get the opportunity. Thus I eagerly await your results, blueshake.

In the meantime, flowers of several grass species have been giving interesting results, but that belongs in another thread...

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Chimp Z
#69 Posted : 7/18/2014 1:36:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dmtbenderdmt, is E. Umbellata or Angustifolia the tree you were working with?
downwardsfromzero would love to hear your grass flower results.
Leaf brew results- 45 Leaves Elaeagnus Umbellata fresh + some twigs(est. 20g foliage)
3 leaves Salvia Officinalis fresh . Handful of Ginkgo Biloba dried leaves
3 heads of Lavandula Angustifolia. 2 twigs and some leaves of Albizzia Julibrissin
750 ml Brewed and strained off twice then re-added and simmered to 50ml over the course of 2 hours. Note: smoked cannabis and hash prior to ingestion.
+5 First sips and I feel sedation. Trying to analyze if placebo. Close my eyes. Tea tastes Earthy and alright.
+15 Play with mental imagery, deep meditative calm. Energy calm.
Opening my eyes and vision pops back together, nothing crazy, almost like when you've been asleep and suddenly open your eyes then everything comes back to place. In a more slowed down fashion. Pretty relaxing.
+30 feel alright. focusing on objects is more detailed. Everything seems to synergize.
Wish there were more Autumn Olives around for constant medicine. Unique effects.
Ate a few nibbles of food and feel fine.
+60 had dinner, no reactions.
+120 Fell asleep . Enjoyed the tea and the mild effects it produced.

Had a tea of the same amount of Ginkgo and Albizzia foliage the next day and though it did exhibit some calming properties, there was a definite sedative effect felt with the added Autumn Olive leaves. Nothing near rue.
Comparable to Maybe an ounce or two of Passiflora Incarnata with maybe a pinch of Peganum Harmala and Skullcap sprinkled in 45min into it. Mild electric energy snuck in around that time. Thought I'd report a dosage that you would probably enjoy on the daily.

blueshake
#70 Posted : 7/28/2014 8:37:31 AM

nanite

So from 100g of sea-buckthorn leaves I got around 210mg of harmala alkaloids. The yield (0,21%) is much lower than I anticipated, probably because I used gelatin tek to reduce the tannins. I recall that when using twigs, and twig bark the yield was much higher, even though I used gelatin tek... I still got 20g of twigs so I will try extracting those Razz .

downwardsfromzero
#71 Posted : 8/3/2014 3:12:09 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

blueshake wrote:
So from 100g of sea-buckthorn leaves I got around 210mg of harmala alkaloids. The yield (0,21%) is much lower than I anticipated, probably because I used gelatin tek to reduce the tannins. I recall that when using twigs, and twig bark the yield was much higher, even though I used gelatin tek... I still got 20g of twigs so I will try extracting those Razz .

Very interesting. Do you have any further harvest data for these experiments?

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

blueshake
#72 Posted : 8/3/2014 4:52:53 PM

nanite

Extraction of 3 handfulls of leaves with twigs resulted in +/- 440 mg of harmalas. Accidentally they were thrown on the floor, they all got under the wardrobe and mixed with everything that was under it... Extraction of alkaloids from the dust was too much pain in the ass so I thrown them away...

downwardsfromzero
#73 Posted : 12/22/2015 3:19:50 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

blueshake wrote:
Accidentally they were thrown on the floor,

Thumbs down I hate it when that happens! Sad

So, this year I planted a couple of small Autumn Olive bushes and have been diligently collecting their leaves as they yellow and fall off. I don't know if this is a waste of time, we'll just have to see, probably when I make a brew and chuck in some kind of alkaline solution or other...

SofaSwim
#74 Posted : 4/5/2019 3:42:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Found this interesting pamphlet from the USDA on Redwing autumn olive. Maybe it'll be helpful to someone.
It covers identification, habitat, blooming season, propagation, and berry yields.

Source
Author(s): United States Department of Agriculture
Year Published: 1987
Title: 'Redwing' Autumn Olive

«PREV234