We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
MAO depression Options

burnt
#21 Posted : 12/10/2009 5:21:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Well on a good note the pharm industry will never be in a position to patent B. caapi. But I would like to see more analogue work done to make new synthetic substances that avoid the diet issues and give the benefits of MAOI. I think this kind of science helps legitimize these drugs in western eyes. Even if its small steps its small steps in the right direction.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

۩
#22 Posted : 12/10/2009 5:25:42 PM

astral king, you can brew as much as you want. I brew about half a hand full...no idea how many grams that is. Under 10, I think.

and burnt, I really don't think there are diet issues with caapi. Caapi just wants you to be well, eat well, exercise...
working with the vine daily I've never experienced any interactions.

jamie
#23 Posted : 12/10/2009 5:32:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

About eating less carbs..when you go off of a high carb diet at first..you will get cravings for more sugar..high carb diets lead to quick spikes in bloos sugar and then it drops just as quickly..eventually you can become hypeglycemic and the diabetic from too much of that, also makes the body very acidic..not good..most people eat tons of simple carbs, really when you eat carbs it's better to have more complex ones so that the breakdown is slower and you dont have those real quick blood sugar spikes..

High blood sugar feeds yeast and other things in the body..most people will have some of that going on and when they cut out the sugar there is die off symptoms..sometimes minor sometimes not..headaches, fatique and sugar cravings are all symtoms of this...if you suddenly lower the ammount of carbs or cut out simple carbs from the diet..accompnay that with lots of water and herbal teas..green tea and yerba mate are good to help flush the system..but watch out for the caffine as well, you dont want dehyrdration. Pau d arco is a great daily tea to help clean out toxins and parasties and help flush the system..bentonite clay is good to take in the morning with water as well..but it might speed up the system detox and increase side effects for a few days..

Also food combining helps..when you do eat carbs eat it with some protein..that will stabalize the blood sugar and prevent the spikes. If you are getting real bad lows and your hands feel tingly etc then yes eat some damn carbs! but dont go eat tons of bread or drink juice..eat whole fruits, wild rice with a bit of protein etc..to stop the unnecessary sugar cravings sweaten your tea or whatever with stevia instead of honey..I make lots of things with stevia..I buy it in liquid form from the dropper bottles..the white powder stuff is almost always bleached..

Coconut milk, stevia, some lemon juice and curry makes good salad dressing...its not esy to cut out carbs at first, everything tastes bland unless you get creative.. but after a while the cravings go away and you can feel certainthings clearing up.
Long live the unwoke.

balaganist
#24 Posted : 12/10/2009 5:46:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
balaganist wrote:
Really interesting and pertinent discussion.
The past couple weeks I have been drinking Caapi tea, not every day but here and there. Cant say if its making a difference but it does feel good to drink anyway. I am also drinking Aya every couple weeks or so atm.
I very much believe also that it is one of nature's great anti-depressants, amongst other things.

Are you dealing with depression issues? I've found that Caapi won't boost one up past their normal level of contentness, but will help if there is depression already present.
I

I am not dealing with serious depression... just occasional low spirits, and I am going through some changes at the moment, especially regarding my work - I am trying to move into a more positive role, helping people rather than being stuck in the money wheel... also working at home a lot.. I am using Caapi to keep my spirit afloat and make sure I dont sink, spiritual support you could call it.

ON a related note, I have been doing Reiki recently, just on myself till I feel more confident, and earlier this evening, doing some reiki self-treatment after a cup of Caapi tea, sent me into total bliss mode Smile

balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

burnt
#25 Posted : 12/10/2009 6:20:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
and burnt, I really don't think there are diet issues with caapi. Caapi just wants you to be well, eat well, exercise...
working with the vine daily I've never experienced any interactions.

That's good to know. But there are people who metabolize harmaloids at significantly different rates and are more or less sensitive. So there is a chance for concern for the slow metabolizers with regard to diet and drug drug interactions. But overall I am glad to hear that caapi is so well tolerated in lower doses for long periods of time.

acolon_5
#26 Posted : 12/10/2009 6:35:12 PM

The Great Namah

From everything I've read it appears as if the real concern is with drug interactions. With daily Caapi dose, for most people, they are drinking under what is needed for full MAO inhibition, but as you pointed out Burnt, not everyone metabolizes these things at the same rate.

Combining any MAOI with any of the list below is a bad idea:

Cocaine
Amphetamines
Ephedra
Opiates
Benzo's
BP meds
Some asthma meds
MDMA or any analogue
Any stim for that matter
SSRI's (would NOT mix these two ever, in fact waiting 6 weeks after last SSRI does is highly advisable, they can stay in your system for a long, long, long time).

This is by no means a comprehensive list. If doing a dieta with Caapi it is advisable to not use any OTC/perscription medication unless it is certian that it is not contraindicated for use with MAOI's.

Even at subMAO inhibition levels, it is advisable to stay on the safe side of things.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

burnt
#27 Posted : 12/10/2009 6:38:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd also add ergot alkaloids like ergot amine that people take for migraine. LSD is a different story but the rest don't mix.

PREV12