We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How do I test my DMT quality from mimosa Options

Monkeyswift
#1 Posted : 3/29/2019 11:18:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been making magic for years, how do I test what I've made??

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

sofakinold
#2 Posted : 3/30/2019 1:36:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Smoke it
Very happy

blue.magic
#3 Posted : 3/31/2019 4:52:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can vaporize small amount (avoid burning it!) and see how much residue there is. Pure crystal will vaporize perfectly and leaves only crystal behind. Impure DMT will leave oils behind.

If you test it by bioassaying, you can try threshold dose and see how active it is. Also the smoother the vapour, the purer the DMT.

You can dissolve your product in a minimum amount of warm naphtha or heptane - impure DMT leaves behind oils and solid impurities.

You can titrate known amount of DMT with acid, this will tell you % alkaloid content in the sample.

You can recrystallize the sample and compare weight before and after. The higher the yield, the purer the crystal.

Observe melting point range - this is a popular method of quick purity determination. But it requires an expensive apparatus.

And finally, you can send the sample to lab for GC-MS analysis. They will tell you how much % DMT you have in your sample.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 4/2/2019 9:39:34 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Eyup lad.

TLC (thin layer chromatography) will provide a qualitative indication of the presence of other compounds in your sample. Kits can be bought online and this is a relatively simple procedure that can be carried out at home.

Another method for ascertaining the presence of less-volatile compounds in your sample would be through the use of a vacuum sublimation apparatus. This is also "fairly simple" but I'll spare you the details for now.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Trickster
#5 Posted : 4/2/2019 10:49:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

blue.magic wrote:

Observe melting point range - this is a popular method of quick purity determination. But it requires an expensive apparatus.

Non necessarily. A thermometer 80-100 Π‘ max, a Thiele tube (less than $10 on ebay) and a box of capillaries (~$15) would do.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.