We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vaping Not Strong Enough Options

DisEmboDied
#1 Posted : 3/23/2019 8:12:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So my friend dissolved 500 mgs DMT in 1 ml propylene glycol. This did not fit into the 1 ml empty cartridge. I guess the DMT fills the space too much with the 1 ml pg? It took up 2 1/2 cartridges instead. This may be a factor in why it is so weak?

What I mean by weak is that it does not produce any visuals, no fractals, just intense thought and brightens colors. 5 hard tokes from the vape pen is not even close to 1 toke of 15 mgs from the GVG.
Other friends I have talked to said that they have never hit a vape pen that they could break through with fractally.

It seems as though 500mgs, in 1 ml of propylene glycol, would work af, but it is just not nearly the same, times 10, as the vapor genie.

He is heating up the pg in a shot glass in a warm bath, using a toothpick and mixing in the DMT, then using a syringe, squirting it into an empty vape cartridge.

Any suggestions? Is he doing something wrong? Must he mix 500 mgs in only 1/2 ml pg?

Just trying to perfect the technique for the benefit of the world.

Thanks,

Peace, Love, and Light!
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

n0thing
#2 Posted : 3/24/2019 1:13:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1ml=around 80-100 draws (less draws than vg: ~150)

.500g/100draws=0.005g

You get 5mg per hit, assuming you're holding it in for 10 seconds and not just blowing it out like someone would when they normally hit a vape for nicotine *facepalm*

4 hits and that's 20mg. What is your vape settings? Is it a pen or a box? A box with variable temp will produce a higher temperature and therefore produce more vapour.

Also, it can take a few hours for all the dmt to dissolve in PG and in a mix of PG/VG it can take days. I like to mix 20-50%vg. People have dissolve more than this (afaik 2g per 1ml).

ducdevil
#3 Posted : 3/24/2019 3:01:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

chances are the vape pen's coil is not sub-ohm. in addition to that the pen just can't provide enough power. those two factors working against you just don't produce enough vapor. on paper it "should" work, but vape pens just suck. no pun intended...

mix the juice (or reclaim it) and pop it in a tank with a sub-ohm coil (.5ohms or less) and fire it between 30-50 watts...don't worry about Temp control unless you want to obsess...it won't burn at 50 watts. use a non-nicotine juice with a maximum of 60% VG. this is also part of the problem: PG does not produce much vapor at all...just wisps at low power. this is why vapers use max VG - big clouds!

the DMT will easily dissolve in a 60/40% juice (VG/PG) with just a warm water bath.

with that concentration, you'll be well on your way after 2 draws, 3 and you'll be beyond there.

good luck

DisEmboDied
#4 Posted : 3/27/2019 2:38:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks! Will try these suggestions!
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

some one
#5 Posted : 3/29/2019 2:34:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ducdevil, are you still using 1:4 dmt to e-liquid ratio?
some = one | here = some | there = one

ducdevil
#6 Posted : 3/29/2019 3:05:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey some one! how you doing?

well, yes - when i do vape with eliquid that's my go-to ratio. always worked for me and the tank/coil/mod i use. but i must admit, being a bit OCD i like to know the dose going in. sometimes i feel like dancing around the outskirts, sometimes i like to be sucked in to the deepest realms and surrender. i find with eliquid it's a crap shoot. more than once i've been sucked in deeper than planned. i tend to bow at the GVG alter most of the time. i think of it as a sacred chalice of travel...never let me down. shown me some difficult moments, but never let me down.

but...since you've asked - very timely. i just found a small bottle of juice in the back of my fridge i had kinda forgotten about. it's just about a year old now but always in the fridge. it's really dark but i doubt that has anything to do with the DMT - ejuice darkens over time anyway...i've cracked open some older bottles and they are much darker than when i got them. they vaped just fine.

i was thinking i might try the holy elixir soon. see how it held up. i have a feeling it's just like i left it. we might find that VG/PG is a fantastic preservative medium!

cheers!

some one
#7 Posted : 3/30/2019 9:48:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm doing alright, hope you are too Smile

So 1:4 in 40/60 at 30-50 W for a 3 hit break through. Which atomizer are you using?

It's been a while since I gave the e-sig approach a go. Maybe I'll try again. Yea dosing can be off. That's true. DMT e-juice turns dark for everyone over time. Read something about DMT oxidation, don't know how in a closed bottle. Or a reaction with PG/VG. Potency seems to stay intact, indeed.

n0thing
#8 Posted : 3/31/2019 3:20:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ducdevil wrote:
i find with eliquid it's a crap shoot. more than once i've been sucked in deeper than planned. i tend to bow at the GVG alter most of the time.

Thats funny because I have found the complete opposite. E-cig has always given me a very precise dosage of around 2mg per hit every time and have never had more than i bargained for. Although I only dissolved 500mg in 4ml, i also use very little VG and i think perhaps that could cause more dense areas of dmt if pg/vg didnt dissolve in to one another.

With the vapour genie i found i was constantly having to take a couple pre-heating hits to warm everything up and before you know it i would have vaped too much herb than expected. One bowl would usually supply me with 5 hits because it would vape all in one go. I don't have trust or patience for that kind of thing. All it takes is for you to put the flame a little bit too close or too vape a little bit too long and a lot more DMT is vaporized than you expected. But with e-cig, the DMT is evenly dispersed so how could it be a crap shoot? Are you using a variable voltage e-cig device or something?

Aum_Shanti
#9 Posted : 4/4/2019 9:43:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What I personally can recommend is direct e-mesh vaping. You can easily vape exact amounts in one toke.

(With this tek it's actually even possible to vape several 100mgs in one toke)

You basically directly connect a SS316 mesh to your mod in TC mode, and evaporate the substance directly off the mesh. Like that you have perfect temp control, and additionally extremely fast heat-up and cool-down times, paired with an extremely big evaporation surface (only the mod power limits you in the mesh surface you can attach), which allows insanely big tokes. And as the mesh is storage and heating unit at the same time, all substance gets heated to the same temp, and the DMT cannot creep anywhere...

From the basic setup it is IMHO an evolution of the traditional foil vaping. The easiest way is to buy yourself a typical mesh atomizer (you can get el cheapo clones for 10 bucks from China), buy some SS316 mesh, and use your mesh-atomizer without wick and tank, just mount the mesh. But mount a much bigger/longer mesh than one would usually for wick vaping. As the normal mouthpiece doesn't fit anymore, just take any tube to inhale the vapor/smoke coming off the mesh. Ideally it fits tightly over your atomizer, like the original. Without the tube attached, melt the desired amount of substance into the mesh (leave the last 1cm of the mesh to each connector free of substance), then set to evap temp, put tube on, and off you go...

If you're using a mesh the first time, make sure it is passivated: Just heat it up with no substance, and wait until it doesn't smoke anymore.

Basic rules of vaping:

* Always inhale clean air at the end. Why? All vapor not reaching your lungs (e.g. in your windpipe) is wasted. Therefore inhale enough clean air afterwards, that all the vapor in these areas reaches your lungs. I personally do it that way: I inhale by belly breathing, if this doesn't work anymore, I stop inhaling vapor, and instead switch to breast breathing to inhale clean air. This fits my needed volume clean air quite perfectly. With my vape tek, I release the heating-button at the end of belly breathing and just continue to inhale, but very fast. As the cool-down time is very short that way, you will automatically inhale enough clean air.
* Keep vapor in as long as needed. Easy rule: if there's smoke/vapor on exhale, you didn't wait long enough (or you didn't inhale enough clean air, see above). Any exhaled vapor/smoke is wasted substance. This is obviously only true, if you vape pure substances (like extracted DMT).
* If vaping big dosages, try to vape at your limit. There's kinda a personal limit, how dense the smoke can be, before your body stops you inhaling any further. So to get the maximum amount in, for your limit, only inhale as fast, so that you're just about at this limit. If you realize, you get too close to this limit, inhale a bit faster, which makes the smoke a bit less dense. But for DMT you don't need this, as such small amounts (e.g. 30mg) are easily vaped very quickly...

This limit can be extended, as well as the taste camouflaged by adding a tiny bit pure menthol crystal (2mg per toke). You can get them cheaply as sauna accessory.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

DisEmboDied
#10 Posted : 4/5/2019 4:57:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you sure the pens are not strong enough? I am going to try the 60/40 pg vg mix, but do you thing i really need a big battery, like 250 watts?

some one
#11 Posted : 4/8/2019 11:28:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
From the basic setup it is IMHO an evolution of the traditional foil vaping. The easiest way is to buy yourself a typical mesh atomizer (you can get el cheapo clones for 10 bucks from China), buy some SS316 mesh, and use your mesh-atomizer without wick and tank, just mount the mesh. But mount a much bigger/longer mesh than one would usually for wick vaping. As the normal mouthpiece doesn't fit anymore, just take any tube to inhale the vapor/smoke coming off the mesh. Ideally it fits tightly over your atomizer, like the original. Without the tube attached, melt the desired amount of substance into the mesh (leave the last 1cm of the mesh to each connector free of substance), then set to evap temp, put tube on, and off you go...

Interesting, but I'm having a hard time picturing your DIY tek in my head. Could you send some pictures?

Aum_Shanti
#12 Posted : 4/18/2019 1:41:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There are two problems with pictures: First, I'm always hesitant to send self made pictures for obvious reasons. And as it seems linked pictures do not get displayed anymore (probably some rights issue?).

As no buying instructions are allowed, I can just say, search for mesh atomizer. Those are needed where you can put in as long a mesh as you want. To mount a longer than standard mesh you just take off the mouth cap. To be still able to inhale, just take any long enough tube that fits neatly over it, done (can also be done e.g. with cardboard and some tesa).

The basic difference between normal mesh atomizer vaping and this tek is, that you don't use any wick or juice, but only use the mesh itself as storage medium (I recommend a max density of about 5mg/cm^2). Like that extremely fast and strong evaporation times/rates are attainable with no burning, as you use it in TC-mode.

Honestly, since I perfected this tek for myself, I threw away all my other (mainly cup or donut) atomizers, as I see no need in them anymore as they are just inferior.

You can also see it like that: In a GVG you melt the DMT into this meshy "storage" space and then pull hot air through it. Here you basically just heat a meshy space onto a fixed set temp. But as this mesh gets directly heated evenly and it doesn't have any external contact all the substance evaps, as it cannot creep anywhere (if you leave enough distance to the connectors)
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

null24
#13 Posted : 4/18/2019 4:44:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Aum_Shanti wrote:
There are two problems with pictures: First, I'm always hesitant to send self made pictures for obvious reasons. And as it seems linked pictures do not get displayed anymore (probably some rights issue?).

I'm not going to deny your paranoia, but AFAIK there's never been a legal issue with a member posting pics here, and there are measures in place to prevent easy detection. I'm sure a mod can tell you more, but i don't think any EXIF data is included.

I'm not sure why you say linked images aren't an option...

For those of us who don't lurk on vape websites or in stores, and have no clue what ssblabla mesh is, but who would liketo be armed with a little more knowledge before exploring that learning curve with a retailer, a pictorial would be quite informative.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Aum_Shanti
#14 Posted : 4/18/2019 4:58:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I'm not sure why you say linked images aren't an option...

For as it seems they don't get displayed for some reason.
Edit: Why does it work here, but not in my Morning Glory thread???

I may try it again:

E.g. these mesh atomizers are cheaply available on the typical webshops for less than 10 bucks:

On the right you see the atomizer base, where you mount the mesh.
You can mount any length of mesh into the base, if you do not use the top part with the mouth piece (the two items on the left). So some SS316 mesh on a spool comes in handy, like e.g. this one:

That was basically already it...

null24
#15 Posted : 4/27/2019 4:06:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

It's majic!Laughing
Thanks, Aum!
Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

some one
#16 Posted : 4/29/2019 12:05:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad you were able to upload the pic. Excellent, thanks!

Quote:
That was basically already it...

M'kay, but..

1. Why do you need a longer mesh than the default one that comes with the vape kit?
2. What length do you cut your custom made mesh wire to?
3. Does the mesh stand straight with the top part bend flat?
4. Does your modbox have TC for SS316 or do you use a manual setting?
5. What resistance does your mod measure the custom mesh to be?
6. What temp do you set it to?
7. Do you leave the air-hole completely open?
8. How long and how many times do you inhale to get all in?

Edit: found answers here:

Vaporgenie vs yocan evolve plus vs motar quartz atomizer vs mesh rda
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=87004

DMT vaping guide
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=980840#post980840

Thanks for sharing this tool, will try out soon!