We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Could harmie/THH help with Multiple system atrophy? Options

blue.magic
#1 Posted : 3/27/2019 10:55:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard from one ethonobanist that THH (tetrahydroharmine) can virtually stop Parkinson's disease and they started B. caapi plantation in Peru to make extracts containing THH.

I also know harmine is known to promote neurogenesis in brain stem (from D. McKenna's study).

One woman asked me about THH extract for her husband, who suffers a Multiple system atrophy (MSA), which is a Parkinson-type neurodegenerative disease affecting the brain.

Could something like one or two 120 mg capsules a day of THH.HCl potentially help? It could be also mixed with harmine.

I am not very fond of self-medicating, but the woman was desperate and said they tried everything and doctors offer no help.

I assume, since harmala alkaloids have low toxicity at normal doses, provided one does not overly consume wrong foods, and there is low potential for harm.

What are your opinions on this?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ShamensStamen
#2 Posted : 3/27/2019 11:14:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Don't even have to worry about foods with RIMA's, and THH isn't a RIMA, it doesn't inhibit MAO-A.

RhythmSpring
#3 Posted : 3/28/2019 2:47:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychedelic (or similar) medicine in my opinion has great promise for a host of chronic illnesses, which are kind of infinite in number at this point.

I'd try it. I'm trying harmalas as well as other entheogens for late stage Lyme disease (severe joint inflammation), and I don't think I'd be here without them.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

blue.magic
#4 Posted : 3/28/2019 6:49:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. We will probably give it a shot.

ShamensStamen wrote:
Don't even have to worry about foods with RIMA's, and THH isn't a RIMA, it doesn't inhibit MAO-A.

Well I think harmalas begin full MAO inhibition at high doses, as well as THH begins to have a MAOI activity.

Such doses won't be reached, but I warned the woman asking for harmala capsules about that and advised a diet and limiting the daily harmala dosage to 1-2 caps to be as safe as possible.

ShamensStamen
#5 Posted : 3/28/2019 8:13:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So long as THH doesn't inhibit MAO-B as well as MAO-A in higher dosages, there won't be any food-related issue.