We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Meditation and the Formless Jhanic States Options

brewster
#21 Posted : 3/24/2019 6:44:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Icyseeker wrote:

WBack when I was heavily meditating I would sit for 3 or more hours in the dark every day and just watch what would happen.

Thanks for clearing that up! Yes, that is an ambitious practice, wow! It certainly has been a fascinating journey.

How do you think this intense type of meditation connects with psychedelics? Did you ever do McKenna style psychedelics (high dose in silent darkness)?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Icyseeker
#22 Posted : 3/27/2019 2:51:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

brewster wrote:
Icyseeker wrote:

Back when I was heavily meditating I would sit for 3 or more hours in the dark every day and just watch what would happen.

Thanks for clearing that up! Yes, that is an ambitious practice, wow! It certainly has been a fascinating journey.

How do you think this intense type of meditation connects with psychedelics? Did you ever do McKenna style psychedelics (high dose in silent darkness)?

I have yet to do a Mckenna style trip. I prefer to take my psychs and go throughout the day as if I didn't take them. I do this so that I can try and get an outside perspective on my life. I do want to try a Mckenna style trip someday.
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

brewster
#23 Posted : 3/27/2019 2:29:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, that's interesting! Do you only take lower doses then?

Icyseeker
#24 Posted : 3/27/2019 10:25:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pretty much I stay around the standard doses. Its my comfort zone.
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

PREV12