We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cannabis Paranoia Options

soul-explorer
#1 Posted : 3/6/2019 11:51:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yesterday evening I dosed about 60mg oral hash. A very paranoid experience.

Now I don't wanna mark this as purely negative, I do think there's something to be learned here.
I believe that these are fears that do exist in me and are manifesting as paranoia.

Looking back it seems like my demon(s) or inner child or Shadow Content (however this could be called) was doing a lot of the talking in my head. These are things I'm currently trying to integrate and that can cause a lot of fear/resistance/suffering in my day to day life. Mostly centered around social anxiety, fearing people and relationships.
In daily life however, it's rare to become as acute or "raw".

This was not a really pleasant experience, and some of the conclusions I made during it just seem wrong now. Nevertheless it seems to be an interesting way to better access my fears/demons and understand what they're saying.

It also made me re-assess my Enneagram Type and to what extent fear might play a role in my day to day life. I think it also pointed me to a blindspot I'm having, a kind of black and white thinking -- often seeing people as either only good or only bad, but not so much (probably more realistic Smile ) as a mixture of both.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jees
#2 Posted : 3/6/2019 1:54:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can relate to paranoia on thc, and many people do so actually, if you google on it there is a boatload of it written. This is one excerpt:
https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/why-does-cannabis-cause-paranoia-and-anxiety wrote:
...When it comes to cannabis and paranoia, it’s literally all in your head. Cannabinoids (such as THC) bind to receptors throughout the brain, many of which are focused in the amygdala. The amygdala is involved in emotional processing, governing responses such as fear, stress, and paranoia. When THC acts upon the amygdala, it modifies the neural communication for better or for worse...

The thing is, it's all so real at the moment itself.
When I encounter it now I tell myself ooh there is the paranoia-phase of me being stoned again so I don't buy into it any more as it happens.
One could suppose the paranoia wears off by more use but on occasion I've seen it accumulating and turning people away from society.. family.. work.. friends.

rOm
#3 Posted : 3/6/2019 2:54:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I suggest, if you're prone to paranoïa induced from THC, to use CBD, CBD dominaant extracts. You'll still benefit form cannabis, but it will reduce anxiety and paranoia, however it isn't nearly as psychoactivre or even as trippy as oral THC can be ...
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 3/14/2019 9:07:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This may sound odd, but i've actually come to like the cannabis paranoia. Not the paranoia itself but the energy of it. It can easily be transformed into euphoria and even a feeling of excitement.

Look at it as if it's something like a rollercoaster ride. Or maybe even better, skydiving or bungeejumping. Something that can be scary, but also give you an adrenalin rush. Realise that you are the navigator of the experience.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 3/14/2019 9:23:48 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

dragonrider wrote:
This may sound odd, but i've actually come to like the cannabis paranoia. Not the paranoia itself but the energy of it. It can easily be transformed into euphoria and even a feeling of excitement.

Look at it as if it's something like a rollercoaster ride. Or maybe even better, skydiving or bungeejumping. Something that can be scary, but also give you an adrenalin rush. Realise that you are the navigator of the experience.

Quite. I've often found cannabis has inspired me to start busting out yoga and t'ai chi moves, which is clearly better than sitting there twitching and sweating.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Jees
#6 Posted : 3/14/2019 10:06:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
....I've often found cannabis has inspired me to start busting out yoga and t'ai chi moves...
Absolutely! Love bodyworks when under that umbrella. I even thought to start understanding why many yoga sadu's blow more clouds than a steam train. But the next day, ehh I always regret my energy levels are so darny down Sick

theAlkēmist
#7 Posted : 3/18/2019 8:27:26 AM

Alchemist

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quite. I've often found cannabis has inspired me to start busting out yoga and t'ai chi moves, which is clearly better than sitting there twitching and sweating.

Haha, I can relate!
“The art of alchemy is like a psycho-spiritual multi-vitamin and mineral elixir secreted by the cosmic mind to help heal the collective madness that has infected our world.”

“If the prima materia contains poison, then the more virulent the poison, the more powerful are its potential healing qualities. Accomplished alchemists are able to transmute the poison into a healing nectar.“

RhythmSpring
#8 Posted : 3/18/2019 6:27:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:

I recently had this revelation. It's so important!!! The fear energy that cannabis dredges and presents to you is able to be transformed into excitement, the thrill of existence.

Fear is a very important part of human existence.

Transmute.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

starway6
#9 Posted : 3/23/2019 7:09:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the fact that many people can get paranoid on strong pot doesnt surprise me concidering the pot plant has these alcoloids in it to protect itself from being eaten by wild animals...

Some pot i can tolerate in lower doses as long as it doesnt make me feel someones sitting on my chest [meaning heavy body load]...

also the ...[longer time duration] .[.body load] ..and ..[posible panic]... that can be felt from some powerfull strains of weed...adds negitivity to the experiance in my opinion...

I like pot that is very visual..but mild... and light on the body load...

so the next time one lights up a joint ...they are absorbing the plants natural protection..which wasnt intended by nature to be that pleasent!

Wolfnippletip
#10 Posted : 3/23/2019 7:29:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I stay away from weed because of the paranoia. I also take CBD twice daily and I believe mine may have a not insignificant amount of THC in it. I had to play with the dose to find the line between just enough and enough to give me the Weed Worries.

This last week I have been taking Lionsmane extract in the morning and when I got a little too much CBD and found myself with a slight buzz at work it was made pleasant (I believe) by the Lionsmane.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

ShamensStamen
#11 Posted : 3/23/2019 8:34:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Limonene and the Cholinergic Alpha-Pinene helps, they're terpenes naturally found in Cannabis and many other plants, as well as essential oils like Lemon EO, you can even find them in isolated form which is what i take now. The Cholinergic Alpha-Pinene seems to help counteract the memory issues with Cannabis, and the Limonene i'm pretty sure is what does away with the anxiety and paranoia, Limonene is a 5-HT1A agonist, as well as an Adenosine A2A agonist (though if some Caffeine is consumed say 30 minutes to an hour or so before the Limonene, Adenosine A2A is antagonized so Limonene can't activate it and thus acts pretty much just as a 5-HT1A agonist from what i've experienced of it).

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 3/26/2019 6:07:36 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I guess this is the reason I've always preferred the citrussy strains of weed. They give a better high. The nicest weed I ever had though was an outdoor grow that had the aroma of parsnips!

As well with the paranoia issue, we need to be mindful of set and setting. When meditating alone on a secluded hilltop in the English countryside an hour before sunset, the paranoia has been distinctly less of an issue.

The limonene/5-HT1A agonism is curious. A link to a paper with IC50 values would be useful; in light of some of Tregar's writings here I'd like to compare how limonene fares against something like 5-MeO-DMT.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ShamensStamen
#13 Posted : 3/26/2019 7:01:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As far as i know there's not been any studies to determine Limonene's binding to the 5-HT1A receptor, it's just some speculation from a few places on the net, though there has been a couple studies determining that Limonene has Serotonergic activity, and we know that it's also an Adenosine A2A agonist, but if you take the Limonene you can definitely tell it's a 5-HT1A agonist. You can even drink some Coffee/Caffeine sometime prior to taking the Limonene (like say 30 minutes to an hour or so beforehand) and then when the Limonene is taken the Caffeine will have antagonized the Adenosine A2A receptor so that Limonene can't activate it, and thus you feel quite a bit more of the 5-HT1A agonism. So until there's some study that specifically looks for 5-HT1A agonism of the Limonene, we won't know for sure, but so far in my experience it does indeed seem to activate the 1A receptor, it helps remove anxiety and paranoia, it releases Beta-Endorphin and Oxytocin, it's very clearheaded and has a Serotonergic/anti-depressant effect to it and definitely cleans up how the Cannabis feels.