We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Swim Gordo chem Options

Cowzzz
#1 Posted : 3/22/2019 7:39:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Swim did gordo experiment to t. Nothing came from swims solvent. However cake sat for a week and crystals formed. Is this chemistry? Any tips for swims next time? Swim Will be going slower on everything

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#2 Posted : 3/22/2019 10:57:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Hi there.

I have not come across this "Gordo Tek" so I don't know what the instructions are. Do you have a link to a post? Or do you mind copying and pasting your procedure?

Yeah, crystals grow over time. They are not instantaneous. The longer you allow them to sit, the more DMT will precipitate and the larger the crystals will be. But.... when you say "cake" what do you mean? Since I am unfamiliar with the tek, if the "cake" contains the root bark and base mixtures, then it's likely just crystals of whichever base you used.

Due to the unknown procedure, I dunno which part may have been a complication.

Take Care,
ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Humanoidone
#3 Posted : 3/24/2019 12:57:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The "spicy cat" tek is a modified normans tek, and to me is much better! it has a lower lye to bark ratio and the time line is much shorter. You can be preciping (putting it the freezer) in 3-4hr if you follow the times listed in the spicy cat tek. I would highly suggest the spicy cat tek over the Gordo .

One very important step that you should not skip or rush is the evaporation of the solvent. You need to evap at least 50% and its best to evap 70% of the solvent off. One good clue that you are done evaporating is the clear decanted solvent will start to get cloudy. Once it starts to get cloudy you can precip. . it should look like smoke floating in the solvent.

Another tip is turn your freezer as cold as it can get and leave the solvent in the freezer for at least 12hr, you should be able to see crystals starting to form in 1-2hr.

Good luck!

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 3/24/2019 3:29:42 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

"Gordo's 'tek'" is just a Drytek using lime and naphtha. Hard to distinguish from q21q21.

Cowzzz wrote:
Swim did gordo experiment to t. Nothing came from swims solvent. However cake sat for a week and crystals formed.

You have probably grown calcium carbonate, maybe calcium acetate, crystals. Take one and drop it in some vinegar. If it fizzes, then you have at least some calcium carbonate.

Then collect the crystals and see if they dissolve in warm naphtha. If they do - congratulations! - you are a step closer to 'winning'. If not, check to see if they dissolve in water. If they do, it's probably calcium acetate.

Quote:
Is this chemistry?

I suppose you could call it a start.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli