We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Not getting much out of LSD Options

JKW
#1 Posted : 3/23/2019 5:18:39 PM

Like a stone in the shoe...

I used to microdose LSD for my depression. Now I prefer the occasional macro dose with either DMT or mushrooms. It has been DMT since January.

Two weeks ago I took 350 mcg of LSD with a full stomach (Shouldn't have done that). The effect took a very long time to take hold, so I never really peaked. Nothing much happened, and I was very disappointed.

I waited two weeks since then, until yesterday. I took 300 mcg of different LSD (150 + 150 an hour later). Again, almost no effect. It was 2 hours after a light breakfast, so my stomach wasn't too full.

Both LSD tested positive in Erlich.

I'm starting to wonder if it's just bad LSD, bad timing with dosing, or for some reason I've developed a tolerance.

Would love some insight on this. It's very frustrating. Confused

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

RoundAbout
#2 Posted : 3/23/2019 10:21:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You mentioned that you were on medication again... what type? If you're taking a SSRI that may explain it.

JKW
#3 Posted : 3/23/2019 10:27:42 PM

Hi,

Not taking SSRI but NDRI (Wellbutrin). Had many successful mushroom trips and DMT trips on this medication.

But you're right. That could be it .

AcaciaConfusedYah
#4 Posted : 3/24/2019 12:47:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

LSD is a strange creature.

If you're not getting much benefit, then maybe it's ok to take a little break. Different batches of LSD will have their own unique character based on the purity and "impurities." Impurities could be something like LSA - though still active, it creates receptor competition.

If you are on wellbutrin, then that could have something to do with it. Though, the substituted amphetamines (like bupropion, aka Wellbutrin) seem to have more impact on dopamine and norepinephrine inhibition. I've not really looked at this, but from wikipedia:

Quote:
Most serotonergic psychedelics are not significantly dopaminergic, and LSD is therefore atypical in this regard. The agonism of the D2 receptor by LSD may contribute to its psychoactive effects in humans.[52][53]

LSD, like many other drugs of recreational use, has been shown to activate DARPP-32-related pathways.[60] The drug enhances dopamine D2 receptor protomer recognition and signaling of D2–5-HT2A receptor complexes,[61] which may contribute to its psychotic effects.[61]

So, it looks as though LSD's psychoactivity can be linked to dopamine receptors. This might be the reason that you're having decreased effects with LSD, and not tryptamines - tryptamines are primarily serotonergic psychedelics. If your medication targets norepinephrine and dopamine, then it makes sense that there is little receptor competition for serotonergic psychedelics.

Take Care,
ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

JKW
#5 Posted : 3/24/2019 3:48:41 AM

AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:

If you're not getting much benefit, then maybe it's ok to take a little break. Different batches of LSD will have their own unique character based on the purity and "impurities." Impurities could be something like LSA - though still active, it creates receptor competition.

If you are on wellbutrin, then that could have something to do with it. Though, the substituted amphetamines (like bupropion, aka Wellbutrin) seem to have more impact on dopamine and norepinephrine inhibition. I've not really looked at this, but from wikipedia:

Quote:
Most serotonergic psychedelics are not significantly dopaminergic, and LSD is therefore atypical in this regard. The agonism of the D2 receptor by LSD may contribute to its psychoactive effects in humans.[52][53]

LSD, like many other drugs of recreational use, has been shown to activate DARPP-32-related pathways.[60] The drug enhances dopamine D2 receptor protomer recognition and signaling of D2–5-HT2A receptor complexes,[61] which may contribute to its psychotic effects.[61]

So, it looks as though LSD's psychoactivity can be linked to dopamine receptors. This might be the reason that you're having decreased effects with LSD, and not tryptamines - tryptamines are primarily serotonergic psychedelics. If your medication targets norepinephrine and dopamine, then it makes sense that there is little receptor competition for serotonergic psychedelics.

Take Care,
ACY

Thank you. I'll take a break and try again.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#6 Posted : 3/24/2019 6:28:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

No prob!

A break may not be "needed" unless you want to. The variable that can change, while keeping everything else the same is the amount of LSD. Instead of 300 ug, maybe take 400 ug? or 500 ug?

Which ever dose makes you feel comfortable. However, from being on SSRIs in the past, I could still acquire effects from LSD, though it was more mild than the same dose prior to SSRI. Now, I don't take an SSRI so I would imagine that the effect would be as normal.

Good Luck!
ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Camponotus
#7 Posted : 3/24/2019 2:46:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:

Thumbs up

ehrlich test is not secure in determining the substance, it's more a way of ruling out substances...
you have to do different types of reagents to come to a closer result but you'll never be sure sure with these!

JKW wrote:
I took 300 mcg of different LSD (150 + 150 an hour later)

You should take it all at once...

and again

AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:

It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it. - Alexander Shulgin

VibeSurfer
#8 Posted : 3/31/2019 8:53:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you know how long you've had this acid, how it has been stored, and how it was laid (tabs, candies)?

I would bet something with the LSD is the culprit in the case of not experiencing effects, not your body or your mind.
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

Propello
#9 Posted : 3/31/2019 11:35:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If You do blotters, do You swallow them at once?
I always keep The blotters under my tongue for at least 30 minutes before' swallow.

VibeSurfer
#10 Posted : 3/31/2019 6:25:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The way you're doing it is right. You want to hold it under your tongue for a while rather than eating it no matter what it is.
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

null24
#11 Posted : 3/31/2019 7:56:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I don't have personal experience, but anecdotally, friends taking wellbutrin have unpredictable and less than spectacular effects from trypts. Kinda sounds like what your dealing with.

Quote:

No, you're wrong. LSD is a weird machine.

Wut?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*