We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Alternatives to naptha? Options

space21
#1 Posted : 3/23/2019 2:49:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I live in eastern europe (the balkans) and the only alternative i found so far is ZIPPO lighter fluid and nothing else.. will this work good enough for an LSA extraction from Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds or could anyone recommend anything else?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#2 Posted : 3/23/2019 5:36:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

What are you wanting naphtha for? The defat? If you get the zippo fluid, just do an evaporation test. If residue - not ideal..if evaps clean- good to go!

But! If you are looking to extract LSA, I've only seen methods that use naphtha for the defat, and then acetone, isopropyl alcohol, or ethanol for the actual extraction of the alks.

Good luck!
ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

space21
#3 Posted : 3/23/2019 6:11:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I didnt know i could use ethanol? same effects as isopropal? but i saw a few extractions and they all use naptha, whats defating?

AcaciaConfusedYah
#4 Posted : 3/23/2019 8:34:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you have a link for the procedure that you're following? If I see what you're trying to do, maybe that will clarify some things.

space21
#5 Posted : 3/23/2019 8:41:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/PanoraMIX_HBWR_Extract

Trying to follow this... i already crushed up my seeds in a grinder to a powder form and soaked them in zippo fluid.. it has been about 30 minutes and ive been shaking it every few minutes. i will drain it again and fill it up with with new zippo later

space21
#6 Posted : 3/23/2019 8:42:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:
Do you have a link for the procedure that you're following? If I see what you're trying to do, maybe that will clarify some things.

if you have wickr could you add me?

my username is:

space211

AcaciaConfusedYah
#7 Posted : 3/23/2019 11:54:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

space21 wrote:
AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:

my username is:

space211

Hey! I'm not really sure what "wickr" is. I'm assuming a social media platform? Aside from the nexus and my other buddy's psychedelic inspired chat, I don't really do the social media.

But! I'm glad to help, here.

Yes, wash=defat in that method. That's the one that I once used.... 5 years ago? Either way, the goods are not in the naphtha. The naphtha is there to remove "junk" - oils, fats, unwanted alks - that sort of thing.

The part about repeating that step x amount of times is dependent on which other solvent you intend to use for the LSA. So, yeah - for that step, the Zippo should be fine.

You're still going to need acetone or ethanol for the entire procedure.

Take Care!
ACY

space21
#8 Posted : 3/24/2019 7:12:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:
space21 wrote:
AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:

my username is:

space211

Hey! I'm not really sure what "wickr" is. I'm assuming a social media platform? Aside from the nexus and my other buddy's psychedelic inspired chat, I don't really do the social media.

But! I'm glad to help, here.

Yes, wash=defat in that method. That's the one that I once used.... 5 years ago? Either way, the goods are not in the naphtha. The naphtha is there to remove "junk" - oils, fats, unwanted alks - that sort of thing.

The part about repeating that step x amount of times is dependent on which other solvent you intend to use for the LSA. So, yeah - for that step, the Zippo should be fine.

You're still going to need acetone or ethanol for the entire procedure.

Take Care!
ACY

Wickr is sortoff like whats app but whatever..

Since Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds have a lot of bad shit in them that makes you puke i think thats why you need to defat it to remove those alks...

I left the second zippo wash overnight and today im gonna do 3, 30 minute pulls with ethanol..