We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I can’t seem to smoke DMT properly! Options

quark42
#1 Posted : 3/17/2019 8:33:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello!

I’ve been attempting to dose some DMT for a while now and still have had no success. About an hour ago I wasted about 100mg of DMT on attempting different techniques to smoke it (what a waste of such a beautiful molecule)

Here’s my setup: Wooden vapour genie with about 3 screens and then a volcano liquid pad cut to size on top.

I loaded up my DMT (about 20-25mg) pre melted it slightly by running a normal lighter flame over the liquid pad, then screwed on the bowl. I then got my butane lighter and started to heat quite close to the top of the bowl and gradually moved it out to around 2 inches away when (I thought) I felt vapour coming in. I made sure to inhale slowly to get the vapour thick enough. I held in for as long as possible (about 20-30 seconds) and then exhaled. After many many attempts of this method I had no success whatsoever.

I didn’t even have any minor mood changes or slight visual distortions Sad

Is there anything you guys can recommend?

Thanks in advance

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

GLTASN
#2 Posted : 3/18/2019 12:54:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

try a torch lighter, and when you start feeling the vapor exhale and start inhaling again, hold for 15 secs..
"It may be that my role in the universe is, to question my role in the universe."

quark42
#3 Posted : 3/18/2019 5:10:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ill give that inhaling method a go, thank you.

I’m fairly sure that I am using a torch lighter though

DmnStr8
#4 Posted : 3/19/2019 2:44:44 AM

Come what may

Quite a few posts like this over the years. Keep working at it to get a good technique going.

Check out these links below, maybe they could offer some more help.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=8730

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11933
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

quark42
#5 Posted : 3/19/2019 6:41:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you. I appreciate it

And sorry for the repost, I’m new on the forum

skoobysnax
#6 Posted : 3/19/2019 7:36:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Look and see if it melted through the pad I did that a lot at first.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

quark42
#7 Posted : 3/19/2019 7:51:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is it not meant to??

How can I prevent that

mremoo
#8 Posted : 3/19/2019 11:13:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

At first I had trouble vaporizing freebase so I started making enhanced leaf with Mullen, easy to smoke through a water pipe and very smooth only 1-2 hits and I'm in hyperspace. Hope this helps. Big grin

rewindtothestart
#9 Posted : 3/20/2019 3:35:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When is the last time that you calibrated your scale? I recently calibrated mine, and it was off significantly.

Perhaps you could consider bumping it up a notch. When I started with the VG, I started at 40mg. I really think this is the sweet spot for me. It can definitely be done at lower doses, but so many variables go into it. I think it's best to start with a slightly higher dose than ideal so you can work yourself down to a lower dose as you perfect the VG operation/heat, inhalation technique, breath holding, etc. Although, it sounds like you are on the road to perfecting these techniques if you can hold your breath that long, and you're focusing on the inhalation speed.

After you finish smoalking, how much DMT remains in the pipe? Some DMT will run down past the screen, but it shouldn't be excessive. 20-25mg isn't that much, and if it melts down below the screen before the ideal temperature, you could be shorting yourself quite a bit of the dose. I think I put like 6-8 metal screens in my GVG to slow this down a bit, but he liquid pad also works fantastic.

How many tokes are you taking? It's very possible to perfect a one hit blast off, but some need more. My wife takes multiple hits until she's satisfied. She has small lungs though, asthma, and she can't hold it as long as me.

Personal tolerance does vary slightly. I'm 217, and I've always needed slightly more to get a good breakthrough. I've gone pretty far on much less, but it's not as consistent, and I wouldn't doubt if my mindset plays into needing a higher dose at times. Either way, you should be feeling something. Are you on antidepressants, or other medication?

Also, don't fret too much about the learning curve. It's very normal to "waste" a bit of DMT until you unlock the magic.

rewindtothestart
#10 Posted : 3/20/2019 3:44:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, I just re-read your post, and noticed that you have a wooden vg and you're using screens and the pad. It's still worth trying a different technique. Try with just multiple screens, or just the pad

quark42
#11 Posted : 3/20/2019 7:34:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Great advice! Thank you all

I’ll give trying just the screens (maybe 8?) and just the liquid pad a go, hopefully I can get somewhere with that. But if not I’ll make some changa and give that a go. I’ve heard some people swearing by the freebase pipe but that doesn’t sound like the best idea right?

hug46
#12 Posted : 3/20/2019 12:21:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi. As others have stated there may be a chance that your DMT has melted past the pad/screens. If i am understanding it right, you are using a torch lighter. Perhaps you could try with a bic type lighter with a reliable flame. I have had decent results with a bic by gently sucking the lighters flame into the bowl with a long and slow pull.

Quote:
I’ve been attempting to dose some DMT for a while now and still have had no success. About an hour ago I wasted about 100mg of DMT on attempting different techniques to smoke it (what a waste of such a beautiful molecule)

There is a good chance that the 100mg has not been wasted and is still lurking somewhere inside of your VG. And this kind of dose, when you do finally get your technique right, could give you quite a heavy duty surprise. For the glass vapour genie it is possible to see what is going on in relation to vapour being produced and and leakage past the pad/screens. Obviously not so with the classic VG, which needs more practice to get one's vaping skills right. Also you can clean the vgv with acetone but i do not think that it is recommended with the classic vg, due to it being wood and the mouthpiece being plastic. Perhaps someone can pipe up with recommendations on cleaning the classic VG.

quark42
#13 Posted : 3/20/2019 10:58:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Great!

I presume that the way to stop this buildup and make it stay as vapor is simply a matter of improving my technique?

JKW
#14 Posted : 3/20/2019 11:55:21 PM

Like a stone in the shoe...

I'm a relative newbie, but my technique works every time: The key is the torch lighter. It changed my life. Rolling eyes

Best of luck!

quark42
#15 Posted : 3/21/2019 6:40:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I’m also using a torch lighter, do you mind outlining what your technique is exactly? And what equipment you’re using

quark42
#16 Posted : 3/23/2019 2:09:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just tried again with about 33mg of deems, just used some screens this time (about 7) and felt completely no effect?!

I definitely felt vapour coming through the vapour genie and I held it for a long while for multiple hits and still no success. Any thoughts at all about what I can do?? What I have is definitely DMT and I’m not on any medications at all