We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
1st extraction - Acacia Acuminata STB Options

sandwalker
#1 Posted : 3/23/2019 4:13:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all, I'd like to share with you my first attempt at DMT extraction. I am posting this bc I got a small yield which had some effect when smoked (described more below), but I believe could be greatly enhanced with a little advice. I used 100g of fresh leaf material from a Acacia Acuminata plant - narrow phyllode variant (Australia). I plan on doing another extraction in the next two weeks with some dead leaf material I collected (70g), or some dead bark material (500g). I enjoyed myself and can see good times in the future Smile

Method: Straight to base – Noman’s tek
Materials:
• 1500mL water
• 100g fresh green acacia acuminata phyllodes (narrow leaf variant), collected from a large
tree growing across the ground instead of upward - I think it's roots reached a granite
rock table in the ground when it was younger which is causing it to grow like that. It was
surrounded by younger, upright trees.
• 90g NaOH (bondall caustic soda)
• 4 x 100mL lighter fuel (Diggers Shellite) – substitute for Naptha
Equipment:
• 2 litre glass mixing jar
• Mortar and pestle
• Coffee grinder
• Small plastic pipette
• Coffee filters
• Collection jars
• Shot glass
• Scissors

Steps with observations:
1. Cut phyllodes into pieces and ground in mortar (1hr)
2. Ground further in coffee grinder until fibrous, could not achieve powdered state (10min)
3. Created 1500mL NaOH solution in 2L mixing jar following pack instructions (60mg/L)
4. Added ground phyllodes to mixing jar, closed and shook, opening and closing after shaking in
30 second intervals. Mixture become a deep dark green colour
5. Closed lid and left for 1hr
6. Added 100mL lighter fuel and flipped container, waiting for lighter fluid to rise to surface
and repeated for one minute. Opened container to relieve pressure then closed again.
7. Left aside for one minute and repeated step 6 three times
8. Waited 5 minutes for all lighter fluid to rise to surface, then pipetted from surface into
small glass container. Captured liquid was light yellow in colour.
9. Repeated Steps 6,7, and 8 two times to get three small jars containing now yellow lighter
fluid. Contents of 2L glass mixing jar was kept to one day in case any extra lighter fluid
rose to the surface, but none came.
10. Labelled jars 1st, 2nd and 3rd
a. 1st Jar secured with lid and transferred directly to freezer for 24 hours freeze precipitation. Could see small white clouds floating in liquid. Poured contents over coffee filter, however nothing remained when liquid evaporated. Jar was outside of freezer for over 2 minutes before the filtration. Filtered liquid was kept left to evaporate to ½ volume outside and placed into spare jar. Jar was kept in freezer for the following 3 days. When removed there was a small amount of orange fibrous material left, and there was some orange goo material and speckles of crystals stuck to the container itself. The jar was then turned upside down, sealed and then placed back in the freezer. Following this, material was scraped off and placed into a shot glass using scissors. The material appeared fibrous and looked like the ground phyllodes from
b. 2nd jar was left to evaporate to ½ volume outside and placed in freezer for 3 days. When filtered through coffee filter nothing remained, however the same small amount of orange goo material from the 1st jar was left at the bottom. The jar was turned upside down, sealed and then placed back in the freezer, this time done as quickly as possible to prevent condensation on the inside of the jar. Material was scraped off and placed into the same shot glass.
c. 3rd jar was left to fully evaporate outside, leaving only orange goo at the bottom. A small amount of lighter fluid was added and jar was swirled until goo dissolved. Jar was then sealed and left in the freezer for three days. Upon taking it out, same thing happened as in the 2nd jar.
11. Leftover yellow lighter fluid sealed in jar and kept for later use..

Altogether, ~100mg grams of material was collected into the shot glass and smoked through a pipe all at once sandwiched between some herbs. Smoke was hot but kept in lungs for about 5-10 seconds before breathing out. I was happy to feel a small effect within the first 20 seconds or so. I leaned back and looked up at the moving clouds, they kept stopping and starting and vibrating about. My mood became daydreamy and I was so satisfied that something was happening. This reached a mild level, but not as intense as what 100mg DMT crystals would typically do. The feeling lasted about 20 mins before dying off over the next hour or so...

Points that may improve next extraction:
• Perform an Acid/Base extraction rather than STB;
• Do not open glass mixing jar to relieve pressure during steps 4 and 6;
• Add less than 100mL lighter fluid in step 6 for the same amount of NaOH and leaf material. This could increase concentration of DMT in precipitation jars and result in higher yield;
• Heat lighter fluid before carrying out step 6 as this may dissolve more DMT.
• Get a proper utensil for scraping material out of jars in step 10;
• Get wider collection jars for a greater surface area per volume during precipitation in step 10

If you made it all the way through that, thanks for reading Rolling eyes interested to see what anyone has to say

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

pastanostra
#2 Posted : 3/23/2019 7:13:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey dude,

Welcome on the nexus Thumbs up
You did it well, nice work.

Did you plan to try with dried material ?

sandwalker
#3 Posted : 3/23/2019 10:15:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks mate Smile

Yes, I will use the dried material. I just have to decide whether to use the leaves or bark.. and what method to use. Keen to switch it up to see if I get a higher yield.

Bamboozle99
#4 Posted : 8/21/2023 3:35:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

wow amazing job im atm looking for plants to try i live in vic can someone help narrow down maybe ones wich would be good to start experimenting with would acum grow in vic