We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Advice on Being Comfortable in Hyperspace Options

LongTimeWaiting
#1 Posted : 3/22/2019 11:40:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know this has been discussed before but I'm asking any experienced psychonaut to chime in. I want to discuss the general and the specifics of getting the most out of your experience and being as comfortable as you can in hyperspace. Things to do, things to not do.

For me, if I have something on my mind, I will not smoke DMT that day. Weird things have sent me into a panic like state under the influence. I'm talking about a recent lie I just said. I didn't realize a lie would absolutely destroy me in hyperspace. It sounds stupid but the little things come back to bite you. If I have my chin down and I'm in a slumped posture, I'll get negative thoughts. Chin up, back straight. If I'm trying to hide my usage from someone, I'll feel guilty the whole time. Don't hide your actions. The one time I ate a piece of chocolate and acted as if I poisoned myself. Eat healthily. Set and setting is an understatement.

If you have a responsibility and smoke deem instead, you might feel really bad about yourself. Get your stuff done before you blast off. If you wanted to get something done, but put it off, like say, working out, you might beat yourself up too much while in hyperspace, and that's not the place you want to be thinking negative thoughts. Make sure you're in comfortable clothing, there's been a bunch of times I had to strip naked to feel better.

Don't load up too much, know what you can handle and what you can't. A few mgs could be the difference between peace and panic. Don't do it for the story, do it to grow. My friends and I have had pissing contests and it always ends up bad for one of us. Clean up your living space unless you thrive in dirty conditions, under the influence, a messed up room could cause some bad emotions. If you feel the need to be alone while you blast off, be alone, if you're more comfortable around people, be around them.

Try not to burn your DMT, the worst times I've had where when I burnt the stuff, it could be placebo, but a clean smoke always felt cleaner. Be honest with yourself, ask yourself some questions, what do you want to get out of the experience? Meditate beforehand, calm yourself down as much as you possibly could. Open yourself up, sometimes if I cross my arms or legs, I'll become tense and restrained, but if I spread my legs and arms out and welcome whatever comes my way, I'll be less defensive and open to the experience.

Take that piss or shit before you think about blasting off, there have been times I couldn't stop thinking about taking a piss and I gained nothing from the ride, and times where these things even caused anxiety. Smell something amazing before going into the experience, look at your favorite picture of your dog, do whatever you can to induce a happy thought before you blast off.

Know when to stop. I've been deep into a session where I've taken hits for 2-3 hours chilling on my deck, and everything was fine until I took a hit I wasn't ready for. When you hear that voice say, "don't do it", listen. That voice knows more than you give it credit for. I've ignored that voice and paid the price.

Never fight the experience, this is possibly the worst thing you could do. Do whatever it takes to be open-minded, whether it's through posture, or thoughts. Work with the molecule, if you hear that voice saying, start pacing, get up and start pacing. If it says lay down right now, do just that. Don't be in a dangerous position before you enter hyperspace. If you're near something dangerous be with someone who can get you out of danger. There are a few posts describing how some have accidentally killed themselves due to being near fire or water. The whole point for this chemical is to grow.

Put on your favorite song, or a song that will induce positive vibes, or if you like silence, make sure nothing will disturb you. I've put on the wrong song a few times and was too deep to get up, and the whole time the song caused mass panic.

Create a place you know calms you down. Some tape pictures to their wall of things that bring them joy, some light candles, some sit in darkness, some sit inside, some outside. Do whatever it takes to remain calm.

Be forgiving to yourself. I've done some shitty things and when in hyperspace I often think about those things, but if you remember you're trying to be a better person, and you're not that person anymore, you could bring your mind to ease. If that doesn't work, say words with positive connotations. Stuff like love, joy, happiness, how you love yourself, your family, your friends, and even the stranger you don't know.

Get your hands on a scale and weigh your doses.

Learn proper breathing techniques, a lot of times, a lack of oxygen will cause anxiety or a general feeling of negativity. Inhale through the nostrils and welcome a full breath of oxygen.

DMT will make you realize things you never knew you could realize, it will put you in a hyper-aware state, it will force you to be aware of things you didn't know affected you. Discovering these things and fixing them is how I'm able to enjoy my time in hyperspace.

As a user pointed out, practice makes perfect, don't expect everything to be a smooth ride your first time. Learn from each experience.

Take breaks if the experience continues to lose meaning. It's possible to dampen the "magic" with repeated use. Abuse is never the answer.

Throw rules out the window and don't try to make everything perfect.

This is random, not very well thought out, and specific to me advice, but maybe you could manipulate it and tailor it to you. If I think of anything else, I will continue to edit the post and add advice, this is a never-ending, growing experience, and I want the best for you and me.

Like I said at the beginning, tell me what makes you the most comfortable, tell me how you get the most out of your experience, there's still a lot I don't know, and I want to know it.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

0_o
#2 Posted : 3/22/2019 11:58:46 PM

ⁿ°ⁿ↔ρ└ªγ³r κhªrªκτ³r

I think practice is a huge part of it, but after a time the experience loses a lot of it's exhilarating qualities and becomes kind of boring.

Ironically much of your advice is useful to help keep things interesting.

DmnStr8
#3 Posted : 3/23/2019 12:40:36 AM

Come what may

0_o wrote:
I think practice is a huge part of it, but after a time the experience loses a lot of it's exhilarating qualities and becomes kind of boring.

You are the only other person I have ever heard say this! I feel exactly the same way!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Loveall
#4 Posted : 3/23/2019 12:42:40 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Loveall attached the following image(s):
54729437_1759122970855772_8047858553299402752_n.jpg (37kb) downloaded 170 time(s).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

DmnStr8
#5 Posted : 3/23/2019 1:01:07 AM

Come what may

LongTimeWaiting wrote:
…tell me what makes you the most comfortable, tell me how you get the most out of your experience, there's still a lot I don't know, and I want to know it.

I got the most out of my experiences by being uncomfortable. I know that may sound odd. I always felt like I was learning the most when it was most difficult. I wanted to place myself into these hard spots. Vape when I was scared to do it. Vape after a bad day. Just to see what would happen. Experimenting with all sorts of sounds and music. Meditation. In the dark, silent. Just to see what would happen. I once played Slayer, thinking it would be terrible and yet it turned out to be a pretty cool pumped up trip!

I got bored.. I had to mix it up. I have had a hyperslap or two, but I take it in stride. It's not that big of a deal. I got over it. I feel like I was asking for it and well... I got it.. however.. I feel like I pushed myself enough that it all has become comfortable to me. I faced everything I found uncomfortable. I pushed and played. This appraoch is not something I recommend. It is just something I did. I like adventure. I like to be scared. I like to push myself. Don't follow me, I am the lost and enjoy wandering.

Well.. that is what I have done. I continue to play with it and DMT and I get along very well lately!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

LongTimeWaiting
#6 Posted : 3/23/2019 1:09:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
I got the most out of my experiences by being uncomfortable. I know that may sound odd. I always felt like I was learning the most when it was most difficult. I wanted to place myself into these hard spots. Vape when I was scared to do it. Vape after a bad day. Just to see what would happen. Experimenting with all sorts of sounds and music. Meditation. In the dark, silent. Just to see what would happen. I once played Slayer, thinking it would be terrible and yet it turned out to be a pretty cool pumped up trip!

I got bored.. I had to mix it up. I have had a hyperslap or two, but I take it in stride. It's not that big of a deal. I got over it. I feel like I was asking for it and well... I got it.. however.. I feel like I pushed myself enough that it all has become comfortable to me. I faced everything I found uncomfortable. I pushed and played. This appraoch is not something I recommend. It is just something I did. I like adventure. I like to be scared. I like to push myself. Don't follow me, I am the lost and enjoy wandering.

Well.. that is what I have done. I continue to play with it and DMT and I get along very well lately!

Good stuff. So, being uncomfortable is your comfort? I agree there are times you need to push yourself into the unknown and experience your fears to turn them into something that doesn't phase you. I would say that's part of the growth. Love your take on the journey, it differs from mine greatly.

DmnStr8
#7 Posted : 3/23/2019 1:51:22 AM

Come what may

LongTimeWaiting wrote:
DmnStr8 wrote:

Good stuff. So, being uncomfortable is your comfort? I agree there are times you need to push yourself into the unknown and experience your fears to turn them into something that doesn't phase you. I would say that's part of the growth. Love your take on the journey, it differs from mine greatly.

Well..I place my set and setting in a way that being uncomfortable was ok with me. I invited it I guess. So I guess you could say being comfortable being uncomfortable. That sounds really weird!! Surprised

I liked everything you wrote LongTimeWaiting! It is a good list!

0_o
#8 Posted : 3/23/2019 2:52:26 AM

ⁿ°ⁿ↔ρ└ªγ³r κhªrªκτ³r

With some combinations you basically have a 15 hour hyperspace experience.
It is fun but the novelty wears off and it's nice to find something fun to do.
I used to not be able to just sit and watch a movie when I was tripping... Now I have a collection of psychedelic anime I can enjoy, to say nothing of music.

Spiralout
#9 Posted : 3/23/2019 4:02:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very good , practical advice LongTimeWaiting, and, despite the semi-long read, that was very readable and well articulated. Some of this stuff might seem to apply to only you, but ,in general, most all of it can be extrapolated out and applied to pretty much everyone. Sure , there are exceptions to the rule, but good advice is good advice, and you have nailed down most of the primary concerns that seem to pop up in my and my friends experiences when we have delved into these chemicals. Keep your head, listen to yourself and trust your gut.

Thanks for sharing! Thumbs up

FranLover
#10 Posted : 3/23/2019 4:10:53 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

I threcond that: Its insane but after some time you are watching the most crazy and impossible thing behind close eye lids and you are kind of bored...But one cant say that the first trips are the best because sometimes one smokes and its just like the first timeLove If you have a gf and have sex a lot sometimes it gets boring too but its always good! lol.

LongTimeWaiting I think you pretty much covered it all!

Jog in the morning of the experience so your lungs are clean and strong. If you can lift weights too it really helps. This is sort of a science known by dog experts; a dog must be phsically exercised if you want to teach it something or want it on its best behaviour. If you are tired, laying down and tripping becomes much more pleassurable because you are resting thw muscles and feeling them recover and this synergizes with the healing effecfs of changa...and if not and the trip is really intense, you are tired and peaceful...you wont fight. You will have more endorphins which means you will be tripping in a happier state. Your heart rate will be lower and heart stronger. And more important your mind will br clearer. Also gym+hot bath+comfy clothes and lay down=killer combo.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.