We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mimosa Pudica Options

Infineon
#1 Posted : 4/23/2012 9:50:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyoneSmile

After my introduction essay I thought I'd go ahead and jump head first with my questions. So here goes nothing...

I came across this short article in which it is said that Mimosa Pudica contains small amounts of DMT in the fruits and roots. As Mimosa Pudica is legal(everywhere) and very easy to purchase, just your typical fun plant that you want to have around the house because of its sensitivity to touch, I was wondering if anyone knows how an extraction would work on such a plant. How would a bio-chemist break down such a plant to get a specific substance/compound out of it?

Is anyone aware of this plant and whether it contains DMT or not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

p.s. also attached a link with a picture of the plant.

Mimosa Pudica flower/fruits

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/23/2012 10:08:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im not aware of any reference for DMT content in mimosa pudica, if you have one, please let us know.

You can check our WIKI:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/DMT#Mimosa_spp.
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/5-MeO-DMT#Mimosa_spp.

So Johnny appleseed did some TLC which seemed to show 5-MeO-DMT is there, but its hard to be sure and to know quantities. Also hard to know if its always gonna be there in significant quantities or if most times its traces/insignificant. Only one way to find out Very happy

Maybe trying to extract some roots with limonene or xylene and doing FASI or FASA on it would be one way I would use to test. Im not sure of 5-MeO-DMT's solubility in naphtha, thats why I would go for limonene/xylene.

5-MeO-DMT is very different than DMT, as I guess you know, and much more potent by weight, so be sure to bioassay with very small amounts at first if you do. Ideally look into TLC or at least colorimetric reagents, check my signature links for more info.

Infineon
#3 Posted : 4/23/2012 11:15:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the info, I'll do my best and if something interesting comes up I'll let you guys knowSmile

Would have been somewhat awesome because it's so easy to purchase and very easy to maintain, well, it did seem a little bit too good to be true haha...

But do you have any other alternatives? Legal plants that are easy to purchase(seeds---or even in pot) that have a significant % of DMT?

endlessness
#4 Posted : 4/23/2012 11:26:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Check the wiki links above, you'll see a well refferenced list of all the DMT containing plants, some which have amounts, others not. Then look around your area or stores that sell plants/seeds and hopefully you hit the jackpot (and let us know ) Smile

Infineon
#5 Posted : 4/23/2012 6:46:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, will do. Oh yeah, great job with the wiki started reading a little, amazing how much work went into it, you guys are fantastic, this is what science should be about, gathering information and perfecting it or finding new ways not only going down the same path every single time...as I said, amazing, keep up the good work.

GreenDMT
#6 Posted : 4/18/2016 11:35:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would like to try this plant, meanwhile I found how to remove mimosine
Kind regards

Gratefuldad1974
#7 Posted : 2/18/2018 2:46:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have hundreds of mimosa pudica on my property, anybody finish an extraction?

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 2/19/2018 10:57:57 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Gratefuldad1974 wrote:
I have hundreds of mimosa pudica on my property, anybody finish an extraction?

Sounds like you're in the best position to be that person.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli