We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Psychedelics for Depression Options

JKW
#21 Posted : 3/21/2019 5:47:14 PM

Like a stone in the shoe...

Mycocelium wrote:
JKW I love your work and thank you for your bravery displayed in your post. Unfortunately I dont have but I will apologize on be half of a the unfounded comments left by others. I would have been completely offend if someone came in on one of my honest moments in a public post and made such offensive assumptions about me. I now get to address such issue with compassion and seriousness. I was a ego driven Narcissist before as well.(And thats not a insult) Anyways I look forward to seeing you around the forums. and hopefully some more of your Art. I'm a photographer as well so I appreciate your eye! Namaste

No worries. I don't take offense easily Smile

Thank you for your very kind words. Will PM you, fellow photographer.
(Edit) Just noticed I can only PM moderators.
JKW attached the following image(s):
IMGP0798.jpg (663kb) downloaded 98 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

RoundAbout
#22 Posted : 3/21/2019 5:51:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mycocelium wrote:
I find you personal assessment of the poster quite disturbing. I doubt you have the degree in Psychology to come to such conclusion frankly its kinda offensive especially if you havent suffered from such mental issues yourself..IDK. But it is worrisome to see that members of the psychedelics community like yourself actually still have this point of view or opionon (which your entitled to) even if it is inccorect.which is completely unfounded. Given one who suffers from depression, anxieties etc should partake in journeys Under a proper "Set & Setting". I dont mean to offend you at all, I simply approach this topic with seriousness. As a new member here I will re frame from continuing this post as I do not wish to assassinate your character.

I see no basis for Fran's assumption that JKW has an addiction, and he guesses that it's an opioid addiction. The rest of Fran's post is written with this addiction in mind.

If I had to guess, I would say that Fran thought this thread was titled "My addictions..", which is another thread that appeared in Welcome Discussion around the same time.

Seems like it's just a bit of confusion anyway.

JKW
#23 Posted : 3/21/2019 5:53:05 PM

LongTimeWaiting wrote:
In my opinion, psychedelics DO NOT cure depression. YOU have to make an attempt to find out what's making you depressed and solve it yourself. Do psychedelics unveil the reasons behind your depression? Yes. Do they make it easier for you to admit you are depressed? Yes. Psychedelics lower your defenses so you could be honest with yourself. They will not magically cure depression.

It's like if I took a steroid and sat on the couch all day instead of going to the gym, I doubt I'll see any improvement. Use psychedelics as a tool, not as a cure.

Another analogy could be going to a psychiatrist. Will this person cure your depression just because they are a professional helping you? No. Will they help guide you in understanding, facing, and solving your problem? Yes.

Yes and no. Psychedelics do show you the way, but in my case at least, they leave me with a sense of well being which lasts for a few days. Those tend to be my best days.

Check this article out:
https://www.hopkinsmedic...nts-in-depressionanxiety

JKW
#24 Posted : 3/21/2019 5:54:23 PM

RoundAbout wrote:
Mycocelium wrote:
I find you personal assessment of the poster quite disturbing. I doubt you have the degree in Psychology to come to such conclusion frankly its kinda offensive especially if you havent suffered from such mental issues yourself..IDK. But it is worrisome to see that members of the psychedelics community like yourself actually still have this point of view or opionon (which your entitled to) even if it is inccorect.which is completely unfounded. Given one who suffers from depression, anxieties etc should partake in journeys Under a proper "Set & Setting". I dont mean to offend you at all, I simply approach this topic with seriousness. As a new member here I will re frame from continuing this post as I do not wish to assassinate your character.

I see no basis for Fran's assumption that JKW has an addiction, and he guesses that it's an opioid addiction. The rest of his post is written with this addiction in mind.

If I had to guess, I would say that he thought this thread was titled "My addictions..", which is another thread that appeared in Welcome Discussion around the same time.

Seems like it's just a bit of confusion anyway.

I saw that thread, Your theory sounds right.

Mycocelium
#25 Posted : 3/21/2019 6:10:44 PM

IamDalik

I dont believe anyone claimed that psychedelics would magicly cure depression. But to say that they will not help is false. Again I would like to direct you to looking at what MAPS is currently doing with LSD Mushrooms and their impact with PTSD.

Here is the proof. Go to 3:50 to see the clinical results. Thank you
https://www.youtube.com/..._zVTAvNIwjYD_AIU?ecver=2
"Be the change you want to see in the world"

LongTimeWaiting
#26 Posted : 3/21/2019 6:15:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

JKW wrote:
Yes and no. Psychedelics do show you the way, but in my case at least, they leave me with a sense of well being which lasts for a few days. Those tend to be my best days.

Check this article out:

I think you kind of proved the point I was trying to make... This is what we call an afterglow, but what happens when the afterglow is gone? Is your depression still there? I bet you it is.

When were these surveys taken? Shortly after the experience or six to twelve months after the experience? Who's to say these people also didn't work on their depression during and after the experience? There's no doubt these chemicals could make you happy and gitty, but in the end, it's up to the user to put his or her newfound knowledge about themselves into a process of integration.

LongTimeWaiting
#27 Posted : 3/21/2019 6:16:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mycocelium wrote:
I dont believe anyone claimed that psychedelics would magicly cure depression. But to say that they will not help is false. Again I would like to direct you to looking at what MAPS is currently doing with LSD Mushrooms and their impact with PTSD.

Here is the proof. Go to 3:50 to see the clinical results. Thank you
https://www.youtube.com/..._zVTAvNIwjYD_AIU?ecver=2

When did I say they wouldn't help? I personally can attest to their benefits, but it's because I worked on myself, not because I got high on a drug.

Mycocelium
#28 Posted : 3/21/2019 6:17:18 PM

IamDalik

You have to excuse my emotional response. As Psychedelics have been 100% has been the reason of my well being and improvement in all areas of my life. My spiritual experience on my 1st mushroom trip ever has changed life including my PTSD and Anxiety. You cannot convince me otherwise given the research avail stating otherwise.

LongTimeWaiting
#29 Posted : 3/21/2019 6:20:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mycocelium wrote:
You have to excuse my emotional response. As Psychedelics have been 100% has been the reason of my well being and improvement in all areas of my life. My spiritual experience on my 1st mushroom trip ever has changed life including my PTSD and Anxiety. You cannot convince me otherwise given the research avail stating otherwise.

It's fine, I've been emotional distraught defending psychedelics and I'll defend them to my death, but if you tell me you didn't have any revelations during your experience I'm gonna call bullshit.

Mycocelium
#30 Posted : 3/21/2019 6:25:25 PM

IamDalik

ok. Not at all am I saying, I dont fel like repeatingmyself. Its all in my introduction. That has been 2 years ago still having revelations. Im not saying psychedelics will do all the work, But they can be the KEY in assisting your moving to a healthier you in all opposed to the rest of traditional methods.

{EDIT} For the record My depression has not been present since then.

JKW
#31 Posted : 3/21/2019 6:29:59 PM

LongTimeWaiting wrote:
JKW wrote:

Check this article out:

I think you kind of proved the point I was trying to make... This is what we call an afterglow, but what happens when the afterglow is gone? Is your depression still there? I bet you it is.

When were these surveys taken? Shortly after the experience or six to twelve months after the experience? Who's to say these people also didn't work on their depression during and after the experience? There's no doubt these chemicals could make you happy and gitty, but in the end, it's up to the user to put his or her newfound knowledge about themselves into a process of integration.

It's the first time in my life I feel relief. I'll take what I can get.

LongTimeWaiting
#32 Posted : 3/21/2019 6:47:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

I'm glad you feel better, I don't want to shit on that in any way. I hope you continue to feel better. Good luck on your journey.

Kable
#33 Posted : 3/21/2019 7:32:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

JKW wrote:
H
I also use DMT in order to improve my mood. I always feel wonderful after a trip, and the trips when I remember them, are beautiful.

What dose and frequency do you like to do your DMT?

I ask because when I was testing various dosages on myself, breakthroughs were awesome and consistent for me at 25 mg. 10-15 mg felt neither here nor there. But 5 mg surprisingly felt really good. Like you weren't really tripping and it was subtile, so you couldn't tell when it went away. I thought it felt like pure afterglow that someone mentioned. I remember feeling like it would be great for depression in that you could hit that dose as often as needed and not worry about it disrupting your day, or if you really didn't feel like you had a full breakthough in you. I recently read the original dosage study by Strassman here...

http://www.maps.org/rese...94_Strassman_22714_1.pdf

...and subjects reported the lowest dose of 0.05 mg/kg as "relaxing, comforting, and "warm" physical effects." People in that study didn't like the middle dosages either. I don't think 5 mg is better, but it might be something one could do more frequent, and doing it more frequent might be better if that makes sense. I'm not depressed to say, but would love to hear what you think if you or others tried it.

JKW
#34 Posted : 3/21/2019 11:06:11 PM

LongTimeWaiting wrote:
Quote:

I'm glad you feel better, I don't want to shit on that in any way. I hope you continue to feel better. Good luck on your journey.

Thank you! You are not shitting on anything.

JKW
#35 Posted : 3/22/2019 4:30:13 AM

Kable wrote:
JKW wrote:
H
I also use DMT in order to improve my mood. I always feel wonderful after a trip, and the trips when I remember them, are beautiful.

What dose and frequency do you like to do your DMT?

I ask because when I was testing various dosages on myself, breakthroughs were awesome and consistent for me at 25 mg. 10-15 mg felt neither here nor there. But 5 mg surprisingly felt really good. Like you weren't really tripping and it was subtile, so you couldn't tell when it went away. I thought it felt like pure afterglow that someone mentioned. I remember feeling like it would be great for depression in that you could hit that dose as often as needed and not worry about it disrupting your day, or if you really didn't feel like you had a full breakthough in you. I recently read the original dosage study by Strassman here...

http://www.maps.org/rese...94_Strassman_22714_1.pdf

...and subjects reported the lowest dose of 0.05 mg/kg as "relaxing, comforting, and "warm" physical effects." People in that study didn't like the middle dosages either. I don't think 5 mg is better, but it might be something one could do more frequent, and doing it more frequent might be better if that makes sense. I'm not depressed to say, but would love to hear what you think if you or others tried it.

I normally do 30 mg. I always break through these days.
Sometimes I can go for a while (two weeks or so) without needing to do it. Depends how my mood goes.

PREV12