We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Caapi extract Options

JKW
#1 Posted : 3/21/2019 4:43:28 PM

Like a stone in the shoe...

Some time ago, I weaned myself off my anti-depressants and exclusively microdosed as treatment for depression.

This didn't end as intended, but that's another story.

Anyhow, I made a donation to a psychedelic society, and they sent me a vial of caapi extract as a gift.
I was planning to do a pharmahuasca trip, but I didn't know how much to dose the caapi, and found no information about it.

Anyhow, I'm back on antidepressants, so any MAOI is verboten, but I am still curious if anyone here is familiar with the stuff, and knows how much to take, for future reference. Picture below.

Thank you!
JKW attached the following image(s):
IMG_7739.jpg (415kb) downloaded 56 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 3/21/2019 8:03:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know how concentrated the stuff in this particular vial is, but on average, a person needs around 50 grams of caapi vine to get the full MAO inhibition needed for oral DMT.

Considering that your oral DMT will simply not work if there's still enough MAO present in your stomach and digestive tract, it's usually better to go with just a little over 50 grams.

A tiny bit too little=no effect. A tiny bit more than needed=hardly any more side effects. And many people do not experience any of those side-effects anyway.

So i would say, go with something like 55 grams of caapi vine.

If the label on the vial doesnt say how much caapi is actually in there then i would just assume that it's not enough, and use it for microdosing or potentiating psychedelics. It works great against vasoconstriction for instance.

0_o
#3 Posted : 3/21/2019 8:24:41 PM

ⁿ°βΏβ†”ρ└ªΞ³³r ΞΊhªrªΞΊΟ„³r

For beneficial effects low doses of caapi are great.
It was even the subject of attempts by big pharma to patent it for antidepressant effects.

It is quite effective for that...

Algernop_Clone
#4 Posted : 5/2/2019 1:37:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a follow-up question on this. For the 10x b. caapi extract (I'm assuming that's what's in the original post), how much would one have to take orally or sublingually to act as an MAOI for DMT?

I'm in a similar situation as the OP where I have a few bottles of b. caapi liquid extract as well as some vine, and I figure I might as well use the bottles for something. My plan was to make a full-blown changa blend, but am thinking of taking the extract sublingually (if possible) then smoking/vaping the DMT/herb blend.

For reference, the link for the extract is below. Looks like they no longer make it, but it's a 10x liquid extract tincture that contains about 0.5 grams of alkaloid content per fluid ounce (I've got five bottles just taking up space). Any input on what to do with this?

https://www.shamansgarde...uid-extract-b-caapi.aspx