We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
4-6 month old san pedro. Are all the actives gone? Options

crakkbakk
#1 Posted : 12/9/2009 5:55:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

4-6 months ago I harvested a couple feet of cacti.

I never had time to extract them.

Do alkaloids just breakdown after a while after being cut or if they are stored properly will they remain?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Touche Guevara
#2 Posted : 12/9/2009 6:16:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Was the cactus stored dry or fresh, at what temp, etc?

Mescaline is pretty durable. Should be fine.

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 12/9/2009 6:42:13 AM

Teotzlcoatl

If your talking about live cacti cuttings and not chopped up cactus flesh then they will last up to a year just sitting on a table.

Cactus cuttings actually become more potent when they age and aging them is an important part of the preparation process.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

fractal rider
#4 Posted : 12/9/2009 2:32:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

its good to leave cuttings sit for a good while in a dry location a leave my cuttings before preparing them for some time it is said that a makes them more potent beacuse it losses water
om namah shivaya

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 12/9/2009 5:54:01 PM

The Great Namah

It is good to let cuttings sit for a while.

It stresses the cacti, which is a good thing, as it produces more alkaloids.

It gives the cacti time to convert more precursors to alkaloids.

Just because the cacti are not in the ground does not mean they are not still a chemical factory...let 'em sit for a while, but check them every once in a while to make sure they are not dry rotting.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

crakkbakk
#6 Posted : 12/9/2009 6:29:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Some of them were left as cutt and some others I had skinned and put in a air sealed enviornment.

The cuttings were not dry when I put them away.

'Coatl
#7 Posted : 12/9/2009 7:01:50 PM

Teotzlcoatl

If they are skinned, or anything but a whole living cutting you MUST dry them.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb