We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How long should we wait after are first aya experience to have sex? Options

Mc
#1 Posted : 3/18/2019 4:25:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

How long should me and my wife wait to have sex after are first AYA experience?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Auxin
#2 Posted : 3/18/2019 4:55:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The avoidance of sex on aya is a cultural bias.
If you choose to abstain, do so for however long seems natural to you.

ShamensStamen
#3 Posted : 3/18/2019 5:34:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

What Auxin said. No need to avoid sex, it's just cultural bias, if you choose to do so for your own reasons, because Aya/Pharma/Psilo-huasca doesn't care if you have sex or not, it'll still work just fine.

TGM
#4 Posted : 3/18/2019 1:32:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

30 seconds.

RhythmSpring
#5 Posted : 3/18/2019 6:23:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's more than cultural bias. It's about where you put your energy.

Ayahuasca opens you up to be very sensitive to whatever is happening.

If you choose to have sex, you will have a heightened sensitivity to that.

If you choose to remain by yourself, you have an experience that is more focused on what is going on internally.

The reason for the "cultural bias" (of abstaining from sex in Amazonian medicine) is so that patients who need healing can focus on internal affairs better without distraction.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

0_o
#6 Posted : 3/18/2019 6:26:51 PM

ⁿ°βΏβ†”ρ└ªΞ³³r ΞΊhªrªΞΊΟ„³r

Sex on aya is nice.
It's a sorcery rule to abstain from sex.
It has nothing to do with chemistry or aya.
If you practice sorcery with or without aya it's the same rule.
Same with the dietary stuff.
It isn't something most people need to be concerned with...

brewster
#7 Posted : 3/18/2019 6:55:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I mean, I understand if people make this a part of their preparation. Different rituals (whatever is suitable for you) can make the experience more immersive, because it is a way of preparing the mind, to attune oneself for it.
That's why I like to fast a bit beforehand, eat lightly, etc. But this all only makes sense if it feels right for you. Like the others said - beyond that, there is no reason to.

I mean, the sex thing is based on the idea that this depletes one's energy. I don't think that there is any proof for it, even though I like the idea from a ritualistic point of view. But one should understand that this only is as meaningful as it is to you personally.

Also, I haven't heard often that people abstain from sex afterwards!

FranLover
#8 Posted : 3/18/2019 8:01:48 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

lol and you are gonna do what someone else tells you to why?
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence β—‹ Shiva β—‡ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving β™‘See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.β™‘
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Chan
#9 Posted : 3/18/2019 10:31:04 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

If you are prepared to subscribe to the idea that plants are entities, it is reported that because they cannot experience sexual intercourse themselves (despite having sex organs), they are 'jealous' of humans' capacity for it, and can cause adverse reactions for those having sex while under the influence of certain, tricky, plants... Even the odor of sexual activity is reported to be offensive. (Beyer, IIRC, "Singing To The Plants" )

Aya's basically a complex interaction with a poorly-understood, yet seemingly sentient 'other'. Showing a bit of respect, and self-sacrifice is probably a sensible idea, even if just on a symbolic level.

IRL, people who choose to keep this observance seem to range between 3 and 14 days pre/post. But that probably just depends on how freaky you like to get... Twisted Evil

Serious abstention (and correspondingly sexual dreams/visions) tends to be associated with initiates dieting with single plants over long periods, in solitude, so something beyond your question, I think.

β€œI sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: β€œare all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

ΰ₯

DmnStr8
#10 Posted : 3/19/2019 2:06:48 AM

Come what may

TGM wrote:
30 seconds.

HA!! Laughing
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Jees
#11 Posted : 3/19/2019 1:03:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chan wrote:
If you are prepared to subscribe to the idea that plants are entities, it is reported that because they cannot experience sexual intercourse themselves (despite having sex organs), they are 'jealous' of humans' capacity for it, and can cause adverse reactions for those having sex while under the influence of certain, tricky, plants... Even the odor of sexual activity is reported to be offensive. (Beyer, IIRC, "Singing To The Plants" )

Aya's basically a complex interaction with a poorly-understood, yet seemingly sentient 'other'. Showing a bit of respect, and self-sacrifice is probably a sensible idea, even if just on a symbolic level....

Plants (entities) being jealous, being offended, and plants creating adverse reactions because they feel not respected?
I rather like RhythmSpring's idea that it differs where one puts his/her energy in. One just makes a choice which trip you have (sex or not, during or before/after), and take full responsibility for that.

It's not because there are sad sexual things out there that suddenly all of sexual incentives are suddenly a negative label worth (label = disrespectful). I feel strongly against such polarising stance.

Just out of my personal experience (YMMV) the "realm" I enter while under the molecules have never asked/demanded anything from me, have never imposed things on me, it is a perfect sterile "realm" that offers a podium for all of my OWN things going on, a mirror palace, a farm where I learn who I am, meet plenty of my facets. My palace cannot be offended nor ask something of me, it just is like a potential for my soul. Very safe. I realize many people would object.

I believe people easily extrapolate typical human soap business into other dimensions, being it plants or gods or afterlife's. I am not denying them, just doubt the interface between them as presented.

That said, I do believe many people are not ready to do whatever when under the influence. People are always students and fail along the way. So I don't promote anyone to do anything specific once in there or before/after, it just depends on a hundreds of factors. I can only realize how it works on me and so far.
It's this kind of open honesty that makes me wary of others saying what to do and scare them if they do not comply. A bad analogy: "Never learn or try riding a motorcycle because there are serious risks involved". And that is bloody true no doubt, but yeah same goes for marriage, there are a lot of married motards out there, are they deranged to even try? For some it was indeed a bad choice. Not for others. I think there is no drawing of a line to suggest what exactly to do in general terms. Yet one can always start out safe and avoid. Then wait if the cat's curiosity takes over when one has some experience under the belt.
Love

Ulim
#12 Posted : 3/19/2019 5:19:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

100% your descision and you shouldnt take others people opinion on it.

Thats just up to you and the person you share the experience with.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#13 Posted : 3/19/2019 5:41:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I was unaware that this was even a "thing."

I have had some of the best sex, and some of the weirdest sex, while on psychedelics; or near the comedown.

If you're both participating in the aya, maybe best to wait until the comedown. Generally speaking, my wife agrees with my opinion - wait for comedown.

Though, on an LSD trip, she once felt that sex was almost invasive - though it was her idea. I didn't do anything abnormal - but the LSD made it "strange" for her. A different time, also LSD, she's reported that "it was one of the most amazing orgasms ever."

So, it's a flip of the coin. Don't hold others' experiences as the rule. Just see what feels natural. (Lol, yeah - it's already been said by others.)

Take Care,
ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.