We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
land of absurdist humor Options

GoneWiththeWind
#1 Posted : 1/2/2019 6:26:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone else have trips that feel completely inconsequential and look like an absurdist comedy sketch? (something like Tim and Eric show) 25mg sent me to what felt like a large warehouse made of pink warm energy, lit by a disco-ball and inhabited by lonely middle-aged men sporting pony tails and brightly colored polo shirts playing flutes and engaging in all sorts of other hilarious and pathetic activities. There was also a moment where a shaman and his son, a shaman in training, appeared to be chanting and whistling in the direction of a presence. It felt like they were advocating for me in some way and were appealing to this higher power to allow me to go deeper under their guidance. To put this in perspective, I just watched Icaros: A Vision last week and I am certain that the shaman imagery came from that movie.

Throughout the trip I could also "feel the frequencies" moving throughout my brain. They felt like electricity and if I gave into them they would direct my consciousness into a trance-like state. While entranced my inner voice would involuntarily hum to the tune of the frequency, sometimes whistling, and occasionally making beep-boop sounds. Part of me felt separate from the me that was in a trance so I was free to witness the pure absurdity that was taking place. It left me completely befuddled.

Each time I smoke I anticipate being catapulted into a mysterious world but instead I arrive at this same strange realm of absurdist comedy. It feels extremely familiar, devoid of meaning, and I feel tricked for having gone through with smoking and ending up there again. Has anyone else had experiences like this that evolved over time into something more meaningful?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

PsyDuckmonkey
#2 Posted : 1/2/2019 8:05:37 PM

witch

A mysterious world? To me this Monty Python world sounds mysterious as f...

Just browse a little, you'll see that what you have experienced is not uncommon at all. Not everyone gets the big effing divine initiation right off the bat. Well who am I to talk, I totally got it, 'okay here goes, this will be weird... here's the bloody Digital Godhead Server Mainframe outside space and time, the Singularity Nexus! so, like?' Honestly I was too scared to touch DMT for over a year after that stuff, so be careful what you wish for.

Anyway, others, and even me on some other trips, got stuff that at first glance was complete nonsequitur. To be honest, it reminds me of folklore about Faerie. Traditionally they are often described very similar to these nonsequitur experiences. Weird pointless people doing pointless weird things. Thinking about it, wouldn't we look like that to, say, a wolf or a raven?

Anyway, my point is, yea sometimes it's just weird. Sometimes it's hilarious. Try to ride the wave and have less expectations. Decide whether the spice just frustrates you - if that is the case, put it away for a few months. Maybe the next time around things will make more sense.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

DmnStr8
#3 Posted : 1/3/2019 1:23:07 AM

Come what may

Absurd comedy sketch? That is happening all the time, all around us! LMAO! It's makes perfect sense for it there to be an absurd comedy happening in hyperspace. When I think it couldn't get any more absurd, life proves me wrong time and time again.

There is something to be said for laughing and being absurd and goofy. Being more lighthearted is definitely a goal of mine. Sometimes I think we have these experiences so we can just have a laugh. I think it showed me how to laugh wholeheartedly. (Something I think I had forgotten as I aged) Gut busting, eyes tearing, rolling on the floor kind of laughter over the absurdity of it all. Feels good to laugh that hard!

It can also just be a side show to keep us from seeing other things. I find things in hyperspace like to distract or attract or manipulate at times. Sometimes they just want attention and other times their intentions are questionable. Dunno.. just gets weirder and weirder and weirder.....

I played hide and go seek with some weird being in hyperspace. I didn't know what the hell was going on at first. I was in a very large space that contain millions of pillars. The entire environment felt like it was alive. I see this little being pop it's head out and make some weird jibberish noises and disappears behind a pillar. I go and check behind and it's gone. Then it pops out from another pillar behind me. I look behind that one, gone. Over and over this being did this. It was very playful and by the time I came out of the trip I was laughing pretty hard! Some odd entity convinced me to play hide and go seek and I obliged. Weird....
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

GoneWiththeWind
#4 Posted : 1/3/2019 5:19:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That laughter is really something. It feels like the molecule has found the source of laughter in the brain and then stimulates it mercilessly, just for kicks. I've never felt so totally destroyed by laughter until DMT. The best part is that you feel like you are in on a secret. Not only is the universe one big cosmic joke, it's an immature joke..

GoneWiththeWind
#5 Posted : 1/3/2019 5:52:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a question: When you explore your beliefs with or without the aid of psychedelics and you come to the conclusion that nothing really matters (at least objectively), how do you, personally, incorporate this new perspective into your life without it coming across as a lack of empathy. Most people are deeply entangled in their beliefs and their sense of justice and morality that there is no reasonable way to tell them that none of it matters. If I tell someone that I don't spare a second's thought over the injustices faced by whichever socioeconomic/political/gender/racial group people happen to be talking about, I am labeled apathetic, or worse, a bigot. The fact is that differences in money, education, and culture will always result in a hierarchical society, some will do better than others. Life will not feel fair or even be fair for those who find themselves at the bottom of such a hierarchy. But I also know that with perseverance, discipline and most importantly self-accountability, one's position can be improved. I have done this myself. I would rather people change their mindset about their limitations than point the finger at a system.

I know that part of what it is to be human is to experience pain. Pain in the form of loss, loneliness, disease, disappointment... But if you can reconcile with this pain and take away its power by seeing the bigger picture, do you think that you lose your humanity in the process? I think you do in the eyes of others.

PsyDuckmonkey
#6 Posted : 1/3/2019 7:49:33 PM

witch

GoneWiththeWind wrote:
Most people are deeply entangled in their beliefs and their sense of justice and morality that there is no reasonable way to tell them that none of it matters.

That is correct. There is no reasonable way, therefore you must refrain from telling that to people. You see, it matters to them. First, you need to understand what the realization means to you. And once it's intergrated, you'll find that it's not your place to change or question the priorities of others.

All ideas come in 'octave iterations', and yes, the lower octaves of the realization of the absurdity of existence is, in fact, apathy, indifference, bigotry and lovelessness.

GoneWiththeWind wrote:
If I tell someone that I don't spare a second's thought over the injustices faced by whichever socioeconomic/political/gender/racial group people happen to be talking about

That's a horrible thing to say to anyone. It's confrontative and hateful. It's like walking into a bar and just punching the guy next to you, because why not. Why do you feel the need to do this?

GoneWiththeWind wrote:
The fact is that differences in money, education, and culture will always result in a hierarchical society, some will do better than others. Life will not feel fair or even be fair for those who find themselves at the bottom of such a hierarchy. But I also know that with perseverance, discipline and most importantly self-accountability, one's position can be improved. I have done this myself. I would rather people change their mindset about their limitations than point the finger at a system.

You know, it sounds like you have an agenda. Rather than 'realizing that nothing matters', you have a specific worldview, and you're trying to convert others to your worldview; and yet, you try to explain this to yourself with the 'cover story' of the realization above.

It sounds like you're caught in an ego trap. It happens to people on psychedelics, so it's my suggestion that you look into yourself, and realize your true motivations and what you really want and want to believe.

GoneWiththeWind wrote:
I know that part of what it is to be human is to experience pain. Pain in the form of loss, loneliness, disease, disappointment... But if you can reconcile with this pain and take away its power by seeing the bigger picture, do you think that you lose your humanity in the process? I think you do in the eyes of others.

No, not unless you take the path of the dark side (aka. becoming a sociopath).

FranLover
#7 Posted : 1/3/2019 9:11:16 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Yess. Goofy absurd hillarity may be followed by the most meaningful experience of your life! Just make sure to aprecciate the hilarity, to understand its purpose (it loves you and wants to make you laugh! maybe). This energy may propell one very far and into a very warm place (the godhead nursery for tender human souls, for example.) Or anywhere else, for the possibilities of the molecule are endless.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

GoneWiththeWind
#8 Posted : 1/4/2019 12:14:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I’m interested in what a higher “octave iteration” of that realization would sound like.

Felnik
#9 Posted : 1/4/2019 4:41:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had some real crazy hilarious off the charts visions over the years.
Last week in fact I had a funny one where I was using it to seek some answers to some personal issues and essentially bearing my soul to the experience.
It gave me a vision of cans of carnival themed dog food. It was actually really funny in the moment and helped to diffuse my stress. The take away was a reminder not to take ourselves too seriously. I needed that message.

This past summer I had a vision of a character that was a combination of Trump, Barney Rubble from the Flintstones and T-Rex. it was absolutely hilarious and caught me totally off guard.
The humor element is something not talked about too much with DMT.
It can be really funny in the most absurdest way possible sometimes.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

FranLover
#10 Posted : 1/4/2019 5:03:45 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Felnik wrote:

This past summer I had a vision of a character that was a combination of Trump, Barney Rubble from the Flintstones and T-Rex. it was absolutely hilarious and caught me totally off guard.

Thats the funniest thing I ever heard Laughing

Felnik wrote:

Humor is generally unaprecciated, as observed in the case of film. DMT is the funniest inteligence ever. One is left in AWE of its comedic genius. It really is like nothing on earth. It is pure.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

PsyDuckmonkey
#11 Posted : 1/4/2019 11:40:54 AM

witch

GoneWiththeWind wrote:
I’m interested in what a higher “octave iteration” of that realization would sound like.

The world keeps us entrapped through fear. Absurdity can be used to disarm and defeat fear. And without fear, we are free to understand and love.

As for what would be the next step for you, you'll need to stop using this idea as a license to dismiss others while still clinging to an egotistical worldview. I have the sense that you want to be 'right', and maybe idolize some image of a 'rational, uncaring, high functioning sociopath' Nietzschean Ubermensch that you secretly want to become. But if everything is pointless, then being 'right' is pointless too, and you yourself are also pointless. Your politics are just as absurd as that of those you were trying to convince. So you can use the realization of absurdity to stop taking yourself seriously, and let go of ridiculous aspirations like becoming a psycho.

GoneWiththeWind
#12 Posted : 1/4/2019 4:28:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
GoneWiththeWind wrote:

The world keeps us entrapped through fear. Absurdity can be used to disarm and defeat fear. And without fear, we are free to understand and love.

As for what would be the next step for you, you'll need to stop using this idea as a license to dismiss others while still clinging to an egotistical worldview. I have the sense that you want to be 'right', and maybe idolize some image of a 'rational, uncaring, high functioning sociopath' Nietzschean Ubermensch that you secretly want to become. But if everything is pointless, then being 'right' is pointless too, and you yourself are also pointless. Your politics are just as absurd as that of those you were trying to convince. So you can use the realization of absurdity to stop taking yourself seriously, and let go of ridiculous aspirations like becoming a psycho.

I agree with what you said except for where you said I idolized sociopathic behavior Big grin. I know any political beliefs that I have are pointless, but I don't think being aware of that means that you absolutely shouldn't have them. Awareness that life is meaningless does not mean that you should abstain from life. I do find that this realization has made my own fears and worries easy to dismiss as nothing, but my question is how do you verbally convey that attitude to others so that they can use it for themselves without coming across as unsympathetic. I am a good hearted person, I have a conscience that I use, and I know that all of our endeavors are for our own enjoyment and serve no greater purpose.

PsyDuckmonkey
#13 Posted : 1/4/2019 8:36:00 PM

witch

You'll know how once you have found the answer. It is my perception that you haven't, and I cannot give it to you.

I am wondering how to make sense of you, there are ways to read what you wrote about yourself.

You probably came here saying you're afraid you're turning evil, and would like to understand how to find good under the circumstances you find yourself in (with a deep recognition of the absurdity of existence). I gave you a few pointers. Find love, find understanding.

Alternately, you might have come here to taunt us, "hey look I'm evil", in which case, all I can offer is: "Congratulations, indeed you are. Good job."

Or, you might have been thinking that you're not evil, and are trying to get validations from us that indeed you aren't, despite the counterindications. In this case, I'm sorry, you're totally evil.

Or, you might have come here saying "I'm evil but I don't like that people think I'm evil, and I want a good way to disguise evil to look like good, and/or convince others to also be evil because it's cool", in which case... well... I won't help you with that.

...but, well, in the end all is good as long as it's all in good humor. Twisted Evil Big grin

DmnStr8
#14 Posted : 1/4/2019 11:14:15 PM

Come what may

Wiki wrote:
Nihilism (/ˈnaɪ(h)ɪlɪzəm, ˈniː-/; from Latin nihil, meaning 'nothing'Pleased is the philosophical viewpoint that suggests the denial or lack of belief towards the reputedly meaningful aspects of life. Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism, which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value.[1] Moral nihilists assert that there is no inherent morality, and that accepted moral values are abstractly contrived. Nihilism may also take epistemological, ontological, or metaphysical forms, meaning respectively that, in some aspect, knowledge is not possible, or reality does not actually exist.

The term is sometimes used in association with anomie to explain the general mood of despair at a perceived pointlessness of existence that one may develop upon realizing there are no necessary norms, rules, or laws.

Does this apply to you? If so, who cares what anyone else thinks? Do your thing. Don't get caught up in trying to explain yourself or come across in a certain way. Just be yourself. Apply this nihilistic philosophy to your life if you wish. I personally don't see the harm in it. Do as you wish so long as you do not harm others.

You may just find some meaning later in life. You may have a child and that child brings about new meaning where you did not see before. You could meet the love of your life and that could bring new meaning where you did not see before. There are so many things that can happen in life that change our minds about things. Priorities change. Sh*t Happens. Perspectives will change. You are the one who assigns meaning to this world. It is a choice. If your choice is to apply a nihilistic philosphy to your life, then more power to you.

This kind of thinking could do you a lot of good for all we know. It is good to explore philosophies. If thinking a certain way improves your life, go for it. If it become a hindrance, abandon it. I would avoid speaking in terms of evil or good, it's just too black and white. I don't really see how thinking in terms of evil or good applies to nihilism.

Seeing as everything is pointless and everything, why bother to even ask about this stuff? It doesn't matter anyway right?
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

GoneWiththeWind
#15 Posted : 1/5/2019 12:31:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DmnStr8 wrote:
Wiki wrote:
Nihilism (/ˈnaɪ(h)ɪlɪzəm, ˈniː-/; from Latin nihil, meaning 'nothing'Pleased is the philosophical viewpoint that suggests the denial or lack of belief towards the reputedly meaningful aspects of life. Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism, which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value.[1] Moral nihilists assert that there is no inherent morality, and that accepted moral values are abstractly contrived. Nihilism may also take epistemological, ontological, or metaphysical forms, meaning respectively that, in some aspect, knowledge is not possible, or reality does not actually exist.

The term is sometimes used in association with anomie to explain the general mood of despair at a perceived pointlessness of existence that one may develop upon realizing there are no necessary norms, rules, or laws.

Does this apply to you? If so, who cares what anyone else thinks? Do your thing. Don't get caught up in trying to explain yourself or come across in a certain way. Just be yourself. Apply this nihilistic philosophy to your life if you wish. I personally don't see the harm in it. Do as you wish so long as you do not harm others.

You may just find some meaning later in life. You may have a child and that child brings about new meaning where you did not see before. You could meet the love of your life and that could bring new meaning where you did not see before. There are so many things that can happen in life that change our minds about things. Priorities change. Sh*t Happens. Perspectives will change. You are the one who assigns meaning to this world. It is a choice. If your choice is to apply a nihilistic philosphy to your life, then more power to you.

This kind of thinking could do you a lot of good for all we know. It is good to explore philosophies. If thinking a certain way improves your life, go for it. If it become a hindrance, abandon it. I would avoid speaking in terms of evil or good, it's just too black and white. I don't really see how thinking in terms of evil or good applies to nihilism.

Seeing as everything is pointless and everything, why bother to even ask about this stuff? It doesn't matter anyway right?

Well said. Having used DMT many times do you find that the break throughs bring you to different “areas”? Last night I was shown these amazing objects by some entities in a 50’s style diner booth and it felt like they were giving me access to the part of my brain that controls materialistic desires. It would be amazing to visit each of the different realms of our subconscious that dictate conscious thought and behavior. I wonder if you focus on specific aspects of yourself through meditation if they will become easier to access during a DMT trip.

DmnStr8
#16 Posted : 1/5/2019 12:50:23 AM

Come what may

GoneWiththeWind wrote:
...Having used DMT many times do you find that the break throughs bring you to different “areas”? Last night I was shown these amazing objects by some entities in a 50’s style diner booth and it felt like they were giving me access to the part of my brain that controls materialistic desires. It would be amazing to visit each of the different realms of our subconscious that dictate conscious thought and behavior. I wonder if you focus on specific aspects of yourself through meditation if they will become easier to access during a DMT trip.

Certainly different areas. It can be anything as far as I can tell.

If your looking to explore specific aspects of yourself then focus is exactly what is needed. Focus on the intention and the pay attention. It is all to easy to attempt to translate these odd experiences with any human language. It touches on much more than that. Emotions comes to mind immediately. It can tear you apart, it can put you back together, it can love you, it can hate you, it can trick you, it can help you.

Lowest commong denominator for me personally was, me. I was bringing the experience. I had to figure out why I was having certain kinds of experiences. They can take on hues of emotion and can feel like something is being shown. Hard to make heads or tails of it sometimes. The more I have ventured there, the more I focus on just having the experience and being present. Aware of how I am feeling, aware of the thoughts that come in, aware of my intentions as much as possible. At a certain point there is no control over the experience until you come down and integrate. You assign the meaning to it at that point.

I feel that if something is shown to me that makes me laugh then that is a lesson. If I experience something that makes me fearful, then that is the lesson. So on and so forth.... I assign the lesson learned for me. I give the experience meaning because I choose to. I could blow it all off and chuck it up to some trippy stuff, but I don't, I look for lessons.

Any nihilistic ideologies will be tested with DMT I feel. At some point, something of meaning to you will present itself. That is a great moment! I hope you find it someday!

GoneWiththeWind
#17 Posted : 3/18/2019 2:18:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Felnik wrote:
I've had some real crazy hilarious off the charts visions over the years.
Last week in fact I had a funny one where I was using it to seek some answers to some personal issues and essentially bearing my soul to the experience.
It gave me a vision of cans of carnival themed dog food. It was actually really funny in the moment and helped to diffuse my stress. The take away was a reminder not to take ourselves too seriously. I needed that message.

I was reminded of your dog food trip when I saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EiF3KLpTS0

It's a scene from an old children's movie, "The Mouse and His Child". It was also a book. Apparently that scene stuck with a lot of people, some of them remembering it 30 years later. I wonder if your brain, under the influence of DMT, was trying to find connections from your past that may help to explain your feelings in hyperspace. It's a pretty loaded scene for a children's movie. It deals with searching through infinity/eternity and finding nothing of value until you see that it was you behind it all the whole time. It's a stretch, I know.